Never seen so much anger and upset about

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

thejoseph5
Black Friday Pro

Never seen so much anger and upset about

Postby thejoseph5 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:50 am

you can fill in the blank here.

my experience was the 99 cent poinsettias at Home Depot. They sold out very quickly, even with the 10 item limit per customer. People were yelling at the managers. I left right away and went to Lowe's. They had tons. Some HD people were there too, telling their tales of how the managers said they received 1500 plants, but there was no way there were 150 people in line who grabbed the poinsettias. I couldn't believe a small little plant could incite so much ire.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:56 am

wow....

Our Home Depot still had hundreds of these plants well after 9am..

They must be popular in your area! :)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

luckycharms38
Black Friday Pro

Postby luckycharms38 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:02 pm

After waiting almost an hour to check out at Target a woman just walks up to a register then gets upset when people send her back. I saw the same woman 2 hours later trying the same thing at Bath and Body yelling at people again for sending her to the back of the line :roll:

cjupiter
Black Friday Pro

Postby cjupiter » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:39 pm

I grow poinsettias and ship them to Lowe's/Home Depot/etc. Lowe's here got an early order last weekend, and we began our serious shipping this week. In my opinion, fighting over them is just silly... the stores generally mark them down to a couple bucks closer to Christmas. Also, if you live in colder areas, you shouldn't buy one and leave it in your car while you shop. Temps under 40 degrees will kill them pretty quickly. Bumping or squishing them accidentally will break the stems and rupture the leaves (they're pretty fragile) so if anyone managed to get one home intact that isn't A. damaged or B. black from cold, congrats and enjoy.

From a grower's standpoint... I hate the d@mn things myself. :?

TheCount
Black Friday Pro

Postby TheCount » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:10 pm

$2 TOWELS at Walmart.

First, they were $1.50 last year.
Second, my local Walmart sold out within minutes after opening, and had a decent size stock.
Third, ladies loaded up their carts with them to the point of "whoa!"
Fourth, shoppers were more agressive here than at other pallets.
Fifth, a few hours later I made it to another Walmart, and they had a reasonable amount left.

LHaro
Black Friday Pro

Postby LHaro » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:20 pm

In Target there was a huge line and people were waiting calmly and patiently until a group tried to start a second line up close to the registers.... the manager and security stepped in pretty quickly though and made the new people move to the back of the line. I don't think in most cases people mind waiting as long as everyone plays fair.

SuperMomof3
Black Friday Pro

Postby SuperMomof3 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:20 pm

I was in line at Kmart and there was this little old lady on oxygen. She had a cart full of stuff. She wanted individual receipts for EVERYTHING! She took an hour. I'm not kidding. When she was done with her pruchases the line yelled and clapped hands. I felt so bad for the lady, but I think she should have stayed home or Kmart employees should have told her they could print out several gift receipts for one order.

bjbarrick
Black Friday Pro

Postby bjbarrick » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 pm

No bad experiences in stores, but whoa! I was waiting in line at the turn signal trying to get to Target (in my itty bitty Malibu) when this HUGE SUV just pulls right in front of me and came close to bashing in my front end! Guess she was in a hurry to get something!

Price52009
Black Friday Pro

breakfast at chickfila!!!

Postby Price52009 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Yeah..Almost ran into last year after I was done shopping and trying to grab a snack and almost ran over by someone trying to get the next spot at the drive thru...ok people the food isn't going to run out!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Tickle me Elmos. My first year I went I was 19 with my best friend and we specifically went for that but we were in over our heads. My friend got one off the top and while she was bringing it down some lady from behind her tried to yank it out of her hands causing my friend to lose her balance and accidently fall back and elbow the woman in the chest. The lady made a big hoopla and security came over and everyone saw the lady be aggressive and they all told security it was an accident which it was. I was not much help since I was standing back guarding cart and purses. It scared me off for a few years until I had my own kids to shop for. I do not need something that badly. I will just buy it or order it somewhere else. For me it is not the end of the world if something runs out but it is for some people.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 pm

...duplicate threads.

Oh wait we're talking about BF. :-) Umm..I really can't think of any. The only thing that pops in my head is the GPS line last year. People were pretty fired up that the line kept moving..and to top it off, the manager was a complete b***h. Kept telling everyone to shut up and listen. Made things worse. Sorry, but maybe if someone over there at WM started making a gameplan before Thanksgiving, things would be more orderly and you wouldn't have 100 angry, cranky customers.

TexasDealGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby TexasDealGirl » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:33 pm

I will post one that doesnt have to do with black friday. I have never seen so much anger over asking people not to bring anything with peanuts in them. My son is allergic to peanuts and I sent out an e-mail saying please don't bring anything with peanuts to an event...the e-mail was very nice and everything. You would think these people thought I was asking to be the anti-christ or something as crazy. But no I got facebook comments, and over 15 e-mails?! Are you kididing me?

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:19 pm

TexasDealGirl wrote:I will post one that doesnt have to do with black friday. I have never seen so much anger over asking people not to bring anything with peanuts in them. My son is allergic to peanuts and I sent out an e-mail saying please don't bring anything with peanuts to an event...the e-mail was very nice and everything. You would think these people thought I was asking to be the anti-christ or something as crazy. But no I got facebook comments, and over 15 e-mails?! Are you kididing me?

A few of my patients are allergic to peanuts and their parents have told me horror stories about getting ten kinds of hell for sending out invitations/or the classroom policy changing saying no nuts. If my children were allergic I would be just as vigilant because lack peanut butter it is not the end of the world. Maybe if it was chocolate but not peanut butter! It might be a pain but do not think twice about what others say; the well being of your child is number one and your showing that by now listening to the naysayers.

DramaticAnnie
Black Friday Pro

Postby DramaticAnnie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:55 am

Walmart! And their proactive measures to keep their BF ad from leaking!

Everyone loves to hate Walmart.

I say go ahead and hate it.. go to Target or another store.. that will be less people in the line in front of me at Walmart, lmao. I love Walmart. :oops:
I love my dogs more then I like most people.

There is nothing else in this world I get as excited for as I do for Black Friday. :D

askwalt123
Black Friday Pro

Postby askwalt123 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:28 am

TexasDealGirl wrote:I will post one that doesnt have to do with black friday. I have never seen so much anger over asking people not to bring anything with peanuts in them. My son is allergic to peanuts and I sent out an e-mail saying please don't bring anything with peanuts to an event...the e-mail was very nice and everything. You would think these people thought I was asking to be the anti-christ or something as crazy. But no I got facebook comments, and over 15 e-mails?! Are you kididing me?

I hear ya, my son is severly asmatic, so strong smells (Perfume, aftershave etc) causes him to have asthma attacks. You would be shocked at how people get ticked off if asked to NOT wear over powering perfumes. One year my son kept having asthma attacks at school, come to find out his kindergarden teacher was wearing STRONG perfume everyday!! When I said something she got nasty.........so I went to the office and it stopped but still, I mean come on if a kid can not breath be considerate!

I can not take him to large get togethers at schools and such due to all the folks who bath in perfume and colonge.

Return to “Rants and Raves”