All Done! How did everyone do?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

sixyldy
Black Friday Newbie

Postby sixyldy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:40 am

Well after waiting in line at Wal Mart for the Emerson TV, I was pleasently surprised. They had 105 in stock. I was number 33 because I got there at 3:30 am. Then I went to Kohls. SHOP SHOP SHOP!! It was Great, The only down side was there was not enough carts. We did not see one cart the whole time we were there. But I got alot of Christmas shopping done. Will look forward to the excitement on Christmas...

enduroracer
Black Friday Pro

Postby enduroracer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:57 am

I was able to get EVERYTHING that I went out for.

Got the $298 Walmart laptop several weeks ago at their secret Sat. sale (got in line at 6am and was 2nd in line).

Picked up a Samsung 1080p 50" plasma at Sears friends and family night for $769. and ordered a couple of things on-line
Thanksgiving day, so this allowed us more time to get the smaller items on BF.

Bought a Sony blu-ray player at Shopko Thursday morning for $150 with choice of three free Blu-ray DVDs.
Also hit K-mart Thursday morning, not very crowded, able to get all items wanted.

Went to Walmart at about 2:30 am Friday and was able to purchase the $398 laptop and Ipod Touch as soon as we
walked in the door. Most of the pallets were being unwrapped by 3:30 am, so we got everything we wanted by 4am
and waited to be first in a check out line at 5am. Price matched a few items so we did not have to go to Best Buy.
Lots of employees and security kept things very orderly.

Went to Target next, checkout line was huge, so we hid our doorbuster DVDs and X-box games behind some regular stock
and came back later when the line was shorter.

Went to Staples for 6am opening and got everything we came for (data sticks, blank CDs, camera cards, etc).
Avoided traffic jams by taking little used back roads behind stores.

Dropped the kids off at the Mall next while I hit Dicks, Ace Hardware and then Sears for tools and clothes. Again,
was able to purchase everything on our list.

By 9am we were ready for lunch at the mall food court, kids had gyros and I found a great omlet special.

Next stop, Menards, for a few small items and tools, and then back to Target to claim our hidden merchandise
and two free $10 gift cards at checkout.

Lesson learned, find your big ticket items on-line or at advance sales, the prices are usually better.
Then just pickup stuff on Friday that you would expect them to have many available. Of course none
of this could be accomplished without all of the information posted on this web site!

mel mel
Black Friday Pro

Postby mel mel » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:56 pm

With the exception of one more game from Amazon on it's way... I am all done and all presents wrapped under thr tree I was uper hella tired yesterday but feels great to be done .. yayyy me. Oh and I have to ship some stuff to family but no more buying!

bjbarrick
Black Friday Pro

Postby bjbarrick » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:29 am

Didn't do so great this year...probably due to the fact that my two daughters opted for working instead of bf'ing w/their mom, so I was on my own. Was able to score 3 sets of the 600 count sheets at WalMart, but then couldn't find the 20-inch bike :( Went back later after for other WM non-bf stuff and lo and behold, I found the bike still at the doorbuster price of $29! Missed the DVD player, coffeepot, and Barbie dollhouse at Target, but picked up a ton of stuff at Bath & Body for very little $$. Just missed getting the Chi hair straightener at Kohl's, but came home and found it cheaper on Amazon. All in all, not a bad day!

Return to “Rants and Raves”