Bad BB

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

tomden83
Black Friday Newbie

Bad BB

Postby tomden83 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:48 am

Went to BB and was in line for midnight. Employee comes out and they start handing out tickets. I was there for the Samsung Steam Washer/Dryer. Employee said they had over one hundred of them and were not handing out tickets. Said that there was no way they would sell out. Store opens, find employee and start the sale process. Takes all my information and is having issues with the BB's computer trying to place order. Tells me to finishing shopping and come back and hopefully the order would be in. No problem don't worry they have plenty he say's. Came back thirty minutes later and he said it is still slow and tries it again. It worked he starts to input my order and YES, YOU GUESSED IT. SOLD OUT. I was furious. Then I was told they only had one hundred available thoughout the country. What a freaking scam. The he tries to sell me an LG which is comparable for about forty dollars more. He said they had plenty of them. Yep, SOLD OUT. If they only had one hundred available throughout the country why didn't they put that in the ad. At least I would have expected this. I was stupid for continuing shopping. I should have stayed there and made sure he continuously tried inputing my order. BB really sux on this one.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Re: Bad BB

Postby jediknight » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:45 am

tomden83 wrote:Went to BB and was in line for midnight. Employee comes out and they start handing out tickets. I was there for the Samsung Steam Washer/Dryer. Employee said they had over one hundred of them and were not handing out tickets. Said that there was no way they would sell out. Store opens, find employee and start the sale process. Takes all my information and is having issues with the BB's computer trying to place order. Tells me to finishing shopping and come back and hopefully the order would be in. No problem don't worry they have plenty he say's. Came back thirty minutes later and he said it is still slow and tries it again. It worked he starts to input my order and YES, YOU GUESSED IT. SOLD OUT. I was furious. Then I was told they only had one hundred available thoughout the country. What a freaking scam. The he tries to sell me an LG which is comparable for about forty dollars more. He said they had plenty of them. Yep, SOLD OUT. If they only had one hundred available throughout the country why didn't they put that in the ad. At least I would have expected this. I was stupid for continuing shopping. I should have stayed there and made sure he continuously tried inputing my order. BB really sux on this one.

Complain, complain, complain - I would have found a manager that instant...take names etc. Then demanded more compensation.

Call Bestbuy customer service and complain as well.

Boris968
Black Friday Newbie

Same Thing Happenned To Me

Postby Boris968 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:27 pm

I was at a Best Buy in Charlotte, NC and once I got into the store, I went straight to the appliance section. I was the fourth person in that line (3rd wanting the Samsung washer and dryer). They had a system glitch and the regional GM came out to tell us that the entire "appliance" booking system was down (I think he called it ROS). They only sold the demo floor pair to the first person and that was it. We waited in that appliance line for lose to two hours. The regional GM came out and said that they had only 178 pairs for over 1,400 stores. That just pissed everyone in line off because they were wondering why the hell BB would advertise an item that they basically had 1 of for every 13 stores. In any case, no equivalent deals were offerred and most people left. I spoke with the sales person and told her that I wanted to go ahead and pay for the item and fill out a request sheet so that it can be put into the system as soon as it came back up. The regional GM assured me that it would be the equivalent of winning the lottery for me to end up with a set. He was really snooty to me and wanted to make sure that I would be ok with having $1,300 on my credit card for as long as two weeks for a deal that might never happen. That irked me and I told him I would take the chance. (My thinking was once I paid, even if they were out, I would have a PAID receipt and a stronger case to make with "corporate" to get an equivalent alternate set).

In any case, about an hour after I left the store, the sales girl calls me and said the system was back up and she got my information in and I was confirmed to have the Samsung W/D pair to be delivered on 12/10.

Moral of this story for me... Best Buy still has a lot of kinks to work out in their approach to BF. Whoever does their "strategy" and marketing plan that decided that it was a good idea to advertise 178 items to be shared among 1,400 stores should be tied to a chair and be slapped by the potential hundreds of people that wasted 2 hours of their lives with what borders on false adertising. The snooty regional GM that gave me attitude and told me that I had a better shot of winning the lottery should rethink his cutomer service approach. And finally, the BB employee who actually did what she promised and came through for me deserves lots of kudos as she really went above and beyond, especially on a crazy retail day like today. It is a sad state of affairs when I am surprised by someone's integrity these days rather than the lack of it. She did a fantastic job.

hopeafloat
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Bad BB

Postby hopeafloat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:32 pm

tomden83 wrote:Went to BB and was in line for midnight. Employee comes out and they start handing out tickets. I was there for the Samsung Steam Washer/Dryer. Employee said they had over one hundred of them and were not handing out tickets. Said that there was no way they would sell out. Store opens, find employee and start the sale process. Takes all my information and is having issues with the BB's computer trying to place order. Tells me to finishing shopping and come back and hopefully the order would be in. No problem don't worry they have plenty he say's. Came back thirty minutes later and he said it is still slow and tries it again. It worked he starts to input my order and YES, YOU GUESSED IT. SOLD OUT. I was furious. Then I was told they only had one hundred available thoughout the country. What a freaking scam. The he tries to sell me an LG which is comparable for about forty dollars more. He said they had plenty of them. Yep, SOLD OUT. If they only had one hundred available throughout the country why didn't they put that in the ad. At least I would have expected this. I was stupid for continuing shopping. I should have stayed there and made sure he continuously tried inputing my order. BB really sux on this one.

I would have him fired. I would take it every measure possible in this case. Its time people are held accountable for their actions.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:15 pm

In MN this is called bait and switch and is highly illegal. If any of you live here complain to the state and get them fined.

melblack
Black Friday Pro

Postby melblack » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Ok here goes..... So, I go to my local Wal Mart (yep that is my first mistake) at 6pm on thanksgiving day to scope out the Emerson 32 in LCD TV that my brother wanted. We check with the Door Greeter and they assure me twice that they will not be open all nite that they will close and reopen at 5am. So we go back to see if they are any on the shelf (Just for back up purposes) and then I find some ppl that I know that work in stock and they also assure me that yes they will close at midnight and that they have 2 pallets of these tv's so my crew all head home to get in a short nap. We gather back together a lil after 2 am and pull into WM and yep...You guessed it.... They are open!!!!! I hurry to get parked and we run inside to get our place in line but by this time the line is up and down 3 isles. I am pissed. At 4am they start handing out tickets, and guess what...they run out of tickets right in front of me. So I head back to electronics and get the manager and explain to him what had happened and how if they were going to be open that they should tell ppl. I found ONE of the TV's on the shelf the night before but the numbers on the box were one letter off and when i asked the woman in electronics about getting that one, she said that it was not going to be on sale. OK fine!!! SO i jump in the truck head to FIVE other wal-marts and the same thing was going on at each one. After driving back and forth across two states to find this TV I get frustrated and head back to fight with the ppl at my local WM bc they are the only one's that has even one tv on the shelf. When I get there I find the manager again, this time one that has some sense, and we head back to the electronics dept and guess what... That OLD BAT gave the tv i had asked about to someone else at the sale price. GREAT!!!
I WILL NEVER GO TO WAL MART ON BLACK FRIDAY AGAIN!
That was enough to remind me why I don't go there in the first place.
1.They lied several times about being open (I also called and they said they were closing)
2.They lied about being able to sell the one on the shelf
3.They Just suck in general!!

I hope everyone else on here had a great experience and until next year!! Happy Holidays Everyone!!

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:32 pm

melblack wrote:Ok here goes..... So, I go to my local Wal Mart (yep that is my first mistake) at 6pm on thanksgiving day to scope out the Emerson 32 in LCD TV that my brother wanted. We check with the Door Greeter and they assure me twice that they will not be open all nite that they will close and reopen at 5am. So we go back to see if they are any on the shelf (Just for back up purposes) and then I find some ppl that I know that work in stock and they also assure me that yes they will close at midnight and that they have 2 pallets of these tv's so my crew all head home to get in a short nap. We gather back together a lil after 2 am and pull into WM and yep...You guessed it.... They are open!!!!! I hurry to get parked and we run inside to get our place in line but by this time the line is up and down 3 isles. I am pissed. At 4am they start handing out tickets, and guess what...they run out of tickets right in front of me. So I head back to electronics and get the manager and explain to him what had happened and how if they were going to be open that they should tell ppl. I found ONE of the TV's on the shelf the night before but the numbers on the box were one letter off and when i asked the woman in electronics about getting that one, she said that it was not going to be on sale. OK fine!!! SO i jump in the truck head to FIVE other wal-marts and the same thing was going on at each one. After driving back and forth across two states to find this TV I get frustrated and head back to fight with the ppl at my local WM bc they are the only one's that has even one tv on the shelf. When I get there I find the manager again, this time one that has some sense, and we head back to the electronics dept and guess what... That OLD BAT gave the tv i had asked about to someone else at the sale price. GREAT!!!
I WILL NEVER GO TO WAL MART ON BLACK FRIDAY AGAIN!
That was enough to remind me why I don't go there in the first place.
1.They lied several times about being open (I also called and they said they were closing)
2.They lied about being able to sell the one on the shelf
3.They Just suck in general!!

I hope everyone else on here had a great experience and until next year!! Happy Holidays Everyone!!

I hate to say but I don't think they lied I think they are just clueless employees. What beenfit will they get out of telling you that they are closed? They probably actually thought they were closed.

I work in retail and you'd be surprised at how many clueless people there are working and they will just say what they think is happening because they are too lazy to find out for sure
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

munkyxtc
Black Friday Pro

Postby munkyxtc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:43 pm

melblack wrote:SNIP

Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson regarding BF. You get to the store and plant your ass. Don't EVER listen to employees; they are clueless; heck half the managers don't know what direction is up due to the mayhem.

If you would have stayed at the store, and slept there rather than leaving and coming back X hours later I'm sure you'd be enjoying your TV at this time.

NOTE: I'm not trying to be a jerk but seriously, BF is serious business for a lot of people and around here if you aren't in line 8-10 hrs before the store opens then chances of you getting a high demand, low inventory item are slim to none.

melblack
Black Friday Pro

Postby melblack » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 pm

munkyxtc wrote:
melblack wrote:SNIP

Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson regarding BF. You get to the store and plant your ass. Don't EVER listen to employees; they are clueless; heck half the managers don't know what direction is up due to the mayhem.

If you would have stayed at the store, and slept there rather than leaving and coming back X hours later I'm sure you'd be enjoying your TV at this time.

NOTE: I'm not trying to be a jerk but seriously, BF is serious business for a lot of people and around here if you aren't in line 8-10 hrs before the store opens then chances of you getting a high demand, low inventory item are slim to none.

I do understand all of what you are saying bc i have been doing this for years, however my neighbors who i have known for 20 years and work there told me the same thing and honestly i think they were clueless. I wanted to stay but the tv was for my brother and he wanted to believe wm employees. I have my TV but he is the one missing out. Yes it did piss me off that the paper said 5-11 and they were open all nite, however at the same time you are right.
The walmart where i live is never and i mean never crowded so that is not that big a prob however this is a year that ppl decided to stay close to home and i had a feeling they were so that is why i asked so many different times and even called to make sure that they were going to open at 5 and not stay open all nite.

I will never shop at wm on bf again bc i never liked going there in the first place but that is where he wanted to go. I prefer BB and Target. I have never been a wm shopper on bf and this entire story reminds me why.

khaley
Black Friday Amateur

Postby khaley » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Wow reading all these horrible stories is terriable. At my local Walmart in previous years they block off the main hall ways and people line up near the front door and its a mad house. I was going back and forth about leaving at 3 am or just do what I always do and leave at 4:30 and hope I get what I want. Luck be it! I left at 4:30 arrived at 4:40 and noticed no lines forming anywhere. They had it very organized and everything was stacked down the isles and people where standing along side everything that they wanted. I walked around Walmart twice to see where everything was and then stood at a opening on a isle near the item I wanted. I heard the lady standing next to me say she was waiting there for 2 hours!! As soon as announced it overhead I just reached out and grabbed my item and took off to my next item. I was near the electronics so I didnt bring a cart, it was in and out with arms full and then found a cart to put them in and headed to the clothing. I liked the way they did it this year!

albertzerok
Black Friday Newbie

Postby albertzerok » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:18 pm

khaley wrote:Wow reading all these horrible stories is terriable. At my local Walmart in previous years they block off the main hall ways and people line up near the front door and its a mad house. I was going back and forth about leaving at 3 am or just do what I always do and leave at 4:30 and hope I get what I want. Luck be it! I left at 4:30 arrived at 4:40 and noticed no lines forming anywhere. They had it very organized and everything was stacked down the isles and people where standing along side everything that they wanted. I walked around Walmart twice to see where everything was and then stood at a opening on a isle near the item I wanted. I heard the lady standing next to me say she was waiting there for 2 hours!! As soon as announced it overhead I just reached out and grabbed my item and took off to my next item. I was near the electronics so I didnt bring a cart, it was in and out with arms full and then found a cart to put them in and headed to the clothing. I liked the way they did it this year!

I never trust BF deals. I've done BB overnights two years, but I would NEVER do Wal-Mart. Maybe because my wife works there and I know management Anyways, my wife called me today, they had the items in the store put anywhere they wanted, they even knew they weren't putting things out like cooperate wanted or like the map was on the website! They didn't care! Yeah, I love shopping online - especially Best Buy where I'm Premiere Silver - Free shipping on BB.com orders!

Return to “Rants and Raves”