Targets

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

taralasse
Black Friday Newbie

Targets

Postby taralasse » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:56 pm

has anyone went to Target on BF How soon do you recommend getting in line... Im in Madison Wis. Trying to decide on the east or west side? Any suggestions?

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 am

I go 3-4 hours early and am usually about halfway between the front and the back when they open the doors. This year I am going to a different Target so we'll see what happens. Everyone tells me that the one I'm going to this year is less busy and from what I have experienced, they're right.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:25 am

wow we were there 3 hours early this year and sat in our car for an hour before people started really getting out and lining up.

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:25 am

PlutoIsTheBest wrote:I go 3-4 hours early and am usually about halfway between the front and the back when they open the doors. This year I am going to a different Target so we'll see what happens. Everyone tells me that the one I'm going to this year is less busy and from what I have experienced, they're right.

Last year we changed Targets from a mid-size town to one in a small-mid size town and it made a HUGE difference. I dropped my sister off at 3:15 and she was first in line and waited 20-30 minutes for another person to come! If we went to the Target in the mid-size town (that we had been going to all the BFs before) she would have been 25-30 people from the front. So the location and size of the town makes a HUGE difference.

Sorry OP I guess I wasn't much help...but ask around and see if anyone has done BF at those stores or even call the stores I'm sure they will tell you how big the lines were last year and when they started forming, etc... Also depends on what you're going for...

Return to “Rants and Raves”