BestBuy Samsung doorbuster HDTV refresh rate mixup

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

bls
Black Friday Pro

BestBuy Samsung doorbuster HDTV refresh rate mixup

Postby bls » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:39 pm

I had my eye on a 50" 1080p 120Hz Samsung doorbuster at BestBuy (model UN50J5201AFXZA), so when it became available online at the same price I grabbed it ($299 plus tax).

It arrived a week later on CyberMonday and I'm glad I looked it over closely before I tried to open the retail packaging: "Motion Rate 60", a/k/a 60Hz refresh rate, not 120Hz.

Disappointed, I went back to check BB's website to see if I misread the specs - and of course by CyberMonday BB had taken down the detail page entirely. (It has since been put back up with corrected info saying Motion Rate 60.)

Just writing to ask if anyone else had this mistake? It's possible I misread the original page, but it was a priority for me and I don't know how I could have missed it. I will likely return it.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Re: BestBuy Samsung doorbuster HDTV refresh rate mixup

Postby blue3715 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:10 pm

you should be able to return it to the store since it's not opened. All the ads says they are "not responsible for typos or misprints".

You should ALWAYS look up the specs of a TV, and the ratings, before buying it.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: BestBuy Samsung doorbuster HDTV refresh rate mixup

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:00 pm

This thread is a year old, you probably had 30 days to return it, plus a restocking fee after the first two weeks
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Return to “Rants and Raves”