BEST BUY - Laptop deal - Wed 11/11 - $249.99

Non-Black Friday deals and steals
User avatar
XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 6209
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

BEST BUY - Laptop deal - Wed 11/11 - $249.99

Postby XmasDVD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Best Buy announced that on Wednesday November 11th they will be
offering an Acer laptop w/Intel Celeron 900 processor, 2GB memory and a 160GB
hard drive for $249.99. This is their lowest-advertised-price laptop ever and
the deal will be available both in-store and online. Unfortunately, Best Buy has
not released the exact model number of the laptop.

Fusionspawn
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Time

Postby Fusionspawn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:26 pm

What time can you buy it, or how would I do this online, never boughten on line for a limited item like this?

dijohn
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Postby dijohn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:17 pm

link?

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:21 pm

this is the one and only Acer laptop on their website. didn't go through to see if the specs match 100% but pretty close

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer+-+Aspi ... Id=9555769


edit - different processor so not the one that should be on sale tomorrow.

dijohn
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Postby dijohn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:25 pm

bfaddict wrote:this is the one and only Acer laptop on their website. didn't go through to see if the specs match 100% but pretty close

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer+-+Aspi ... Id=9555769



That's what I was thinking also.

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:28 pm

does no modem mean no wifi connection? (sorry not up to speed with laptop specs) been about 5 years since i've bought a new computer.

User avatar
jediknight
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: NJ

Postby jediknight » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:51 pm

bfaddict wrote:does no modem mean no wifi connection? (sorry not up to speed with laptop specs) been about 5 years since i've bought a new computer.


No, it only means not modem. It has Wireless Lan to be able to connect to a wireless network.

You will be able to connect to the internet.

fsereno
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:23 am

Postby fsereno » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:05 pm

bfaddict wrote:does no modem mean no wifi connection? (sorry not up to speed with laptop specs) been about 5 years since i've bought a new computer.


Modems are used for dial-up connections.

User avatar
XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 6209
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Postby XmasDVD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:38 pm

I think the link for this will show up on their website tomorrow morning.
Check at http://bestbuy.com

User avatar
Shoppaholic
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Best Buy 249.99 computers

Postby Shoppaholic » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Guys I got lucky in there yesterday. They had the price on display but no computer, so I inquired. They looked and looked for it, cause even the staff really didn't know anything about it. The store said 12 in stock, but they still couldn't find where they were. Well, they eventually did. The computer is really nice. It has a webcam also.. really nice for 249.99. I ended up getting two. The reason I was able to buy them, was because I waited for like 30 mins while they searched. The store manager was cool. Now my search is for a 37 inch flat panel.. at a COOL price.

dauger
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Postby dauger » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:53 pm

what size is the laptop>?

ivyjen
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:42 am

Re: Best Buy 249.99 computers

Postby ivyjen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Hey shoppaholic - what was the model number of the laptop you got?

Shoppaholic wrote:Guys I got lucky in there yesterday. They had the price on display but no computer, so I inquired. They looked and looked for it, cause even the staff really didn't know anything about it. The store said 12 in stock, but they still couldn't find where they were. Well, they eventually did. The computer is really nice. It has a webcam also.. really nice for 249.99. I ended up getting two. The reason I was able to buy them, was because I waited for like 30 mins while they searched. The store manager was cool. Now my search is for a 37 inch flat panel.. at a COOL price.

User avatar
Shoppaholic
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Model & Size

Postby Shoppaholic » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Size is 15.4, model is MS2231, Extensa 5230E-2177. It's all black w/Acer written on the front left side. Nice lil computer.

nshah
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:27 pm

Postby nshah » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:22 pm

from what I gather from this article it's the "Regular" price for this laptop?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10394 ... 47-1_3-0-5

User avatar
Shoppaholic
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Postby Shoppaholic » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:58 pm

It came w/Windows 7 as well.


Return to “Hot Deals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests