Best Laptop Deal for BF

Non-Black Friday deals and steals
mailinator007
Black Friday Newbie

Best Laptop Deal for BF

Postby mailinator007 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a Laptop this Black Friday. What is the best Laptop deal?

I am considering the Office Depot Deal for $349.99:

-HP Notebook with Intel Pentium Dual-Core Mobile Processor T3200.
-15.4-inch Screen.
3-GB Memory
-160 Hard Drive

Is there any other better deal?

Thanks

shadowsjc
Black Friday Newbie

Postby shadowsjc » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:39 pm

it depends what you want to use it for. if all you want is basic email, internet, etc. , and are willing to spend a little more to upgrade it, then the office depot laptop is an excellent deal. i bought one because i wanted to give it to my cousin overseas as a gift, but when i opened it at home, i found it operated very slowly for my taste. this is due to the relatively low amount of RAm that is installed. however, RAM is very cheap now, and you can pick up an extra 1 gb for well under 50$, which would bring this particular laptop up to speed. however, this shouldnt be used as a gaming computer or anything that requires alot of processing power (like advanced graphics design, etc).

if you can find this laptop and can upgrade the ram yourself (or know someone who can - it takes 3 minutes), then go for this one

tigObitties
Black Friday Pro

Postby tigObitties » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Frys has a toshiba dual core with 2 gb memory and 160 hd for $299, NO REBATE like Office Depot.

antcyd
Black Friday Newbie

Postby antcyd » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Are there any good deals on laptops I can buy online tonight instead of having to deal with the crowds and lack of sleep????

shadowsjc
Black Friday Newbie

Postby shadowsjc » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:09 pm

sorry, i read the OP wrong... what laptop is the 349 one? i dont see it online? or does it go on sale tomorrow ?

mailinator007
Black Friday Newbie

Postby mailinator007 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:22 pm

shadowsjc wrote:sorry, i read the OP wrong... what laptop is the 349 one? i dont see it online? or does it go on sale tomorrow ?

This is on the front page of office depot circular. It goes on sale tomorrow as a early-bird special. I searched for this model but I couldn't find it anywhere, which means that HP has made this laptop exclusively for office depot's BF sale.

I am not a heavy gamer, and I think this laptop is good for my needs.

I was wondering if there were any better deals than this in this class of laptops.

shadowsjc
Black Friday Newbie

Postby shadowsjc » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:25 pm

^office depot had a similar laptop but with lower specs (only 2 gb of RAM) for $389... looking at it that way, i would definitely get the $349 one with superior specs. i dont expect office depot would have huge lines like you would see at best buy or walmart, but you might want to get there a few hours early just in case. at that price, i might be willing to show up an hour or so early and if the lines too long i would just leave.. but otherwise i might stick around. does anyone else have experience with office depot on BF?

Wolftrap
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Wolftrap » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:11 pm

What about the HP laptop and printer combo for $349 at BB? I'm thinking of lining up to get that one. That seems like a really good deal because you get the printer too.

mailinator007
Black Friday Newbie

Postby mailinator007 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Wolftrap wrote:What about the HP laptop and printer combo for $349 at BB? I'm thinking of lining up to get that one. That seems like a really good deal because you get the printer too.

I don't see this deal in Best Buy ads. are you sure you have the right store?

Wolftrap
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Wolftrap » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:46 pm

mailinator007 wrote:
Wolftrap wrote:What about the HP laptop and printer combo for $349 at BB? I'm thinking of lining up to get that one. That seems like a really good deal because you get the printer too.

Whats weird is that this deal was in their Sunday ad but I did not see it in their black friday ad. But if you go on BB website. On their homepage it says "Friday Doorbuster Specials" Click where it says "learn more" if you scroll to almost the bottom of the page, the deal is there. Its a ticket only item so you have to stand in line and get a ticket in order to buy this item.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Wolftrap wrote:
mailinator007 wrote:

Whats weird is that this deal was in their Sunday ad but I did not see it in their black friday ad. But if you go on BB website. On their homepage it says "Friday Doorbuster Specials" Click where it says "learn more" if you scroll to almost the bottom of the page, the deal is there. Its a ticket only item so you have to stand in line and get a ticket in order to buy this item.

It's one of their secret sales. Posted on website and in commercials only.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

Return to “Hot Deals”