The Nintendo Wii Hunt

Non-Black Friday deals and steals

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

babiee2481
Black Friday Pro

Postby babiee2481 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:15 pm

I have a wii fit but I hardly use it. The games got boring after a while.

Darkclaw
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Wii Fit - Rip Off Warning

Postby Darkclaw » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:47 pm

jgm8 wrote:My DD11 is now asking for a Wii Fit. I have looked while out shopping, but haven't searched for purchse. I did do an online search - Be Careful. I saw several online stores selling it for several hundred dollars. I thought that was high, so I called my local Meijers and although they didn't have any available, I was told it is available for around 90 bucks. To think that I almost jumped the gun when I saw one for 200 while the others were more :evil: I know that prices can go up when there is a "shortage", but my goodness!

Scalping of Wii Fit is pretty common...same deal...check with Gamestop...they seem to get them once a week and if you are POLITE sometimes they will bend the rules a bit to hook a person up who really wants it!

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:26 pm

mdmontfort
Black Friday Newbie

Nintendo Wii

Postby mdmontfort » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:59 am

We finally got one by calling the local walmart and seeing when their next shipment of them was coming in and being there when they got the truck in.

babiee2481
Black Friday Pro

Postby babiee2481 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:02 am

wiialerts.com is the best site to find out when they are instock. You can even add custom trackers to get those always sold out sought after items.

danimustng
Black Friday Pro

Postby danimustng » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:57 am

Nintendo always under produces its systems to cause mass hysteria. Just like the wii fit!

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Concerning the Wii Fit, there are simply no exceptional games at the moment for the peripheral.

Getting a Wii is one thing since there are great games, but the Wii Fit, do not trouble yourself yet.

Next year, Nintendo is bringing Motionplus to their controllers (for a Fee per controller) and more games will come out for Fit then.

mshop
Black Friday Newbie

Postby mshop » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:04 am

Our local ToysRus gets shipments and the Wii was available on Sunday mornings. I got a Wii my first try last October. I also did the same thing with the Wii Fit (I dont know if they are as difficult to find). The main thing is that you have to ask for them. I have never seen them on the shelves. They keep them in the back room. Good Luck!!!

pioneer162
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pioneer162 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm surprised you guys have trouble finding Wii's, I walked in to gamestop on steelyard dr in cleveland, and they had a ton of them, I bought on for my fiance's family for christmas. I personally don't like console systems, but I didn't even have to look for one, just dropped in and got one.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:07 pm

saw 4@ target this am, and I put one on Lay away this mornign @ K mart...the guy said he wasnt allowed to tell how many of them there were.

so what accessories/games are the best for 5 y o boys?
steff

love2shop
Black Friday Pro

Postby love2shop » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:33 am

24 hour Wal Marts will put them out at exactly 12:00 AM when advertised, they will have at least a few in stock anytime they are advertised in a flyer. Last year they were the only store that didn't advertise them for BF, but they made them available at 12:00. I have purchased 3 of them this way for friends. I love the rush of getting something no one can find.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:39 am

target had about 12 wii fits thsi aM and game stop has had them in stock almost continuously in recent weeks....
i am going to look @ rock band for wii this week probably...
one of the mario games i am sure...
and tellng my grandma and aunt to give gamestop gift cards to the boys so they can pick out some of their own games
steff

jgm8
Black Friday Pro

Wii Fit Found

Postby jgm8 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks All -

I gave a heads up to DD11's grandparents to keep an eye out for a WII Fit. They came into town this past weekend and I had to show them a picture :lol: so they knew what they were looking for. My mom went into one Gamestop and asked someone at the counter. She said she had gotten some in, but they were prepurchased. The employee asked her to wait a few minutes and went into the back. When she came out, she had a WII Fit with her. She called a few of the customers and one said to go ahead & let her have it as they could wait. :mrgreen: My mom was sooo thrilled she gave the employee a hug! The 'rents are always lucky like that.

MsBrownie
Black Friday Amateur

Postby MsBrownie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:49 am

Keep in mind, I've not done any research, but I thought Wii Fit was a game that went with the Wii itself.
Don't you have to already have the Wii system, to play Wii Fit ? It seems like people are deciding
whether they want regular Wii or Wii Fit and it has me confused !

We don't have a Wii yet, but it's on the list. I'm just trying to understand all the excitement over the Wii Fit and know the difference.

Also, when you buy the basic Wii system, what all comes with it ? Will I be spending another $100 or more on other
controllers, chargers, etc.\

Thanks !

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:28 am

MsBrownie wrote:Keep in mind, I've not done any research, but I thought Wii Fit was a game that went with the Wii itself.
Don't you have to already have the Wii system, to play Wii Fit ? It seems like people are deciding
whether they want regular Wii or Wii Fit and it has me confused !

We don't have a Wii yet, but it's on the list. I'm just trying to understand all the excitement over the Wii Fit and know the difference.

Also, when you buy the basic Wii system, what all comes with it ? Will I be spending another $100 or more on other
controllers, chargers, etc.\

Thanks !

Wii Fit is a game that is purchased for the console. They are two different items. In other words you must have the system before you are able to use Wii Fit.

In the basic Wii system you have the console, the sensor bar, all wires to connect the Wii to a TV, one Wii remote, one Wii nunchuck, and all the paperwork that goes along with it. The Wii Sports game does come with the console in the same box. You are able to play some of the Wii Sports games with one remote for up to four players.

As to whether or not you buy extra controllers, etc., it would be up to you. An extra remote will cost you $40 and an extra nunchuck is $20. So a full extra controller is going to set you back $60. Whether or not that is worth it is up to you. However, I would recommend at least picking up one extra controller.

Return to “Hot Deals”