The Nintendo Wii Hunt

Non-Black Friday deals and steals
Adamixoye
Black Friday Pro

Postby Adamixoye » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 pm

babiee2481 wrote:My best buy store here in Glen Burnie Maryland had 300 of them for the Reward Zone event they had this weekend.

Whoa, I didn't read yours closely enough...by "Glen Burnie" do you mean Arundel Mills? That's where I was talking about...

babiee2481
Black Friday Pro

Postby babiee2481 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:49 pm

Glen Burnie as in 6711 ritchie hwy.

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:05 pm

I bought one at WM for my in-laws and my hubby bought one for them at Target the same day. When we got home, we were like, "Oops!" The next day, I returned the one I had bought at WM. The lady who did the return, took it and threw it in the back. I don't mean she just tossed it in the bin. She threw it on the floor. It crashed so loudly that a manager came over to see what it was! I couldn't believe it! You know what she said to me when she saw my face after she threw it? "They pack them well enough." I was in awe...

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:07 pm

MsBrownie wrote:Picked the Wii up Saturday at a local Target. I was in there Friday evening, but my son was with me, so I couldn't do it then.
I went back the next morning, and they still had them. I was in another Target the same day and they had them too.
They do not seem to be too hard to find around here right now. I figure the closer we get to Christmas, that will change.

I have a question....I saw a charging "dock" or something like that. I know a friend of our's has that. Is that something I should pick up ? ?
The controllers don't run on anything like AA batteries, I hope.

THANKS ! !

Chris
in Virginia

I have a charging dock, but I don't use it. It's too much trouble. I bought some rechargeable batteries instead. That way I can use them for the Wii remote, the Wii Fit and my digital camera.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:12 am

Get out to Sams Club on BF - now that is a Wii deal!

Darksky72688
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Darksky72688 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:51 pm

The controllers do run on AA batteries, but if you're using brand name batteries (duracell/energizer) the batteries last for quite a while and the controllers also turn off after they are idle for something like 10 minutes so they don't waste battery. Also each controller (the one with the system and single ones) come with their first set of batteries.

If you do get a recharge station the controller life ends up being shorter between chargers than it would be using batteries, but you're now using a rechargable battery pack so its not really important. I picked up my 4 controller docking station for something liek $30-40 and have been using it for about a year. It works great and I put the controllers back on the stand usually when I am done playing, its a good storage solution for hte controllers as a side bonus. Usually there were only two people playing and I had 4 controllers so we could jsut swap out controllers, they charge faster (2 hours) than they die (10 hours) so its not a problem at all.

Over time I think the charge station was a much better coice for me than regular batteries (which never seem to be around when you need them anyway) but it depends on how much time will be spent playing, I am a college student and I play all the time with the people in my dorm so its a great investment.

sharriso
Black Friday Newbie

WIIALERTS and WIITRACKER helps!

Postby sharriso » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:21 pm

After checking many stores, I couldn't find any. On a tip, I signed up for www.wiialerts.com and www.wiitracker.com and was able to purchase a console only (which is what I was looking for) from BestBuy when they had them in stock and it was shipped in 3 days. I paid taxes and $5.99 for shipping but it was worth it.

Register and sign-up for the email and mobile alerts. As soon as you get the alert, get to the Internet and make the purchase. You have to act quickly though because they don't last online (only a few hours) before they're gone.

Michael
The King

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:55 am

Amazon has been getting them in stock quite frequently.

PROV1X
Black Friday Pro

Postby PROV1X » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 am

I believe walmart might stop selling them between now and black frday so they have a stock.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Also, FYI, the Sam's club pricing was changed - the new price for the bundle is over $400.00 so no deal.

I would keep on eye on Toys R Us and Amazon - even Best Buy because they get a lot of stock...

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Darksky72688 wrote:The controllers do run on AA batteries, but if you're using brand name batteries (duracell/energizer) the batteries last for quite a while and the controllers also turn off after they are idle for something like 10 minutes so they don't waste battery. Also each controller (the one with the system and single ones) come with their first set of batteries.

If you do get a recharge station the controller life ends up being shorter between chargers than it would be using batteries, but you're now using a rechargable battery pack so its not really important. I picked up my 4 controller docking station for something liek $30-40 and have been using it for about a year. It works great and I put the controllers back on the stand usually when I am done playing, its a good storage solution for hte controllers as a side bonus. Usually there were only two people playing and I had 4 controllers so we could jsut swap out controllers, they charge faster (2 hours) than they die (10 hours) so its not a problem at all.

Over time I think the charge station was a much better coice for me than regular batteries (which never seem to be around when you need them anyway) but it depends on how much time will be spent playing, I am a college student and I play all the time with the people in my dorm so its a great investment.

Very True, rechargable AA batteries work just as well.

rshell
Black Friday Newbie

Wii

Postby rshell » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:02 am

Available at Amazon.com for 249.99 + shipping.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:41 am

So if I find a store that has a Wii in stock for 250 tonight, should I buy it just in case? I haven't seen anything worth waiting for. I can't spend much more than 300 on it even though some of the packages might be a good deal. Suggestions? I've done the crazy wait all night thing before & I'm willing to do it again, but not with any deals I'vee seen for this so far!

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:43 am

pandagirl wrote:So if I find a store that has a Wii in stock for 250 tonight, should I buy it just in case? I haven't seen anything worth waiting for. I can't spend much more than 300 on it even though some of the packages might be a good deal. Suggestions? I've done the crazy wait all night thing before & I'm willing to do it again, but not with any deals I'vee seen for this so far!

Yes go - the only Wii deals that will be out there are "bundles" where you will only save a few dollars and maybe find a place giving away gift cards.

Get the Wii now, and use the next few weeks to find accessories and games on sale. Go get 'em! :wink:

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:46 am

Thanks! I know our local game stop has a bunch in. Someone asked why I would stay out all night to save 50 bucks anyway! He just doesn't get it. I would like to find some deals on games. So that's what I'll search for!

Return to “Hot Deals”