The Nintendo Wii Hunt

Non-Black Friday deals and steals
PokerDad
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokerDad » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:43 pm

This year there are many plug and play systems with games very similar to the Wii and the same type of motion sensor controllers. You can save a lot of money getting those instead

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14 pm

PokerDad wrote:This year there are many plug and play systems with games very similar to the Wii and the same type of motion sensor controllers. You can save a lot of money getting those instead

like what? Ive been looking for a wii forever
On the Hunt for Great Deals!

sek
Black Friday Newbie

Postby sek » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:19 pm

i see them all the time. i really dont see whats the hype. imo they blow! then again im not 10.

nightwisp
Black Friday Amateur

Postby nightwisp » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:40 am

I won an X-Box 360 through a raffle at work. Yes, I wanted a gaming system. The last one I bought was an original NES. The motion of the games on the 360 makes me sick. Literally. I went through and checked it out, sure enough, the majority of the games I wanted were on both systems. I sold the X-Box 360 and bought a Wii.

I went to Wal-Mart on Friday night, fully expecting to just ask about it. I was informed they should have 5 or so of them on Tuesday. I called K-Mart (less than 1/2 a mile away) and asked, and the guy was all conspiritorial when he told me they would be in the ad on Sunday and that I should come around 8:30am if I wanted to get one. Thinking about it, I'm glad I rolled out of bed at 7am and went to the store before they opened. There were 4 of us standing out front at 7:45am when the store manager came out with 4 tickets. That's all he had. And I got one.

It pays to just keep asking.

danimustng
Black Friday Pro

Postby danimustng » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:03 am

We just bought a Wii used @ Gamestop! Works great can not even tell it was used before.

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 pm

I went last night to Walmart and they had 3 sitting in the case. Last year I bought 2. one was for a friend. I'm having trouble finding the Wii Fit.

spooge100
Black Friday Newbie

Postby spooge100 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:47 pm

Check out your local Blockbuster. The one by my house has 3 in stock all of the time plus accessories galore as well as used games on the cheap.

Happy hunting.

valzuniga
Black Friday Pro

Postby valzuniga » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 pm

I think the Wii is a non-issue. I've bought a bunch and re-sold all of them except one. If you really want one, I think you should be able to find one, I know that Fry's Electronics here in Calilfornia almost always has some in stock. I agree with the above poster that the harder item to get this year is the Wii Fit. I've NEVER seen one.

spooge100
Black Friday Newbie

Postby spooge100 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:33 am

I know my blockbuster has the Wii-fit as well as Wii's. They normally get 2 in per week, sometimes more. You can always pre-order one and they will get it for you.

Happy hunting.

compradol
Black Friday Newbie

Postby compradol » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:57 am

Check in Circuit City late night buy it on line and pick it up at the store. They usually have core system for $249

Adamixoye
Black Friday Pro

Postby Adamixoye » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:44 pm

PokerDad wrote:This year there are many plug and play systems with games very similar to the Wii and the same type of motion sensor controllers. You can save a lot of money getting those instead

That's a good deal if all you want is a "Wii Sports" knock-off type of game. There are lots of other things you can get on a Wii that you won't be able to get for those types of systems.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Forget those other plug and play systems - if you want the best, get the Wii - not to mention that next year they are releasing an "add-on" to the controllers that will make 1:1 ratio motion. In other words, how ever you move the remote will be duplicated on the screen.

As for searching for a Wii, the best advice is to keep asking everywhere!

At Toys R Us, Gamestop, Target, etc. simply call and go and ask: "Hey, when are you getting any Wii's in?" and be nice about it - remember, you are dealing with human beings too!

If you are persistant and nice, eventually you will get an answer like: "come by tomorrow early in the am, we will be getting the shipment"

Or keep looking online for these outrageous bundles - but keep one thing in mind, with the economy, people are looking for deals so getting one for $249.99 is the best way to go.

carolinagal
Black Friday Pro

Postby carolinagal » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:48 am

valzuniga wrote:I think the Wii is a non-issue. I've bought a bunch and re-sold all of them except one. If you really want one, I think you should be able to find one, I know that Fry's Electronics here in Calilfornia almost always has some in stock. I agree with the above poster that the harder item to get this year is the Wii Fit. I've NEVER seen one.

While at our Gamestop this weekend they had a pyramid of the wii systems and a pyramid of the wii fits. I was talking to one of the cashiers and she said at this point she was not worried about running out of either.

Darkclaw
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Darkclaw » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:32 am

This is the time of year I got my Wii...it isn't until after Halloween that parents really start thinking "OMG X-mas" and we start running out quickly again! In my area Targets still hold them for when they have Sunday ads, but Gamestop has been getting regular shipments, always on weekdays, and a few calls should get you one :)

jgm8
Black Friday Pro

Wii Fit - Rip Off Warning

Postby jgm8 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:50 am

My DD11 is now asking for a Wii Fit. I have looked while out shopping, but haven't searched for purchse. I did do an online search - Be Careful. I saw several online stores selling it for several hundred dollars. I thought that was high, so I called my local Meijers and although they didn't have any available, I was told it is available for around 90 bucks. To think that I almost jumped the gun when I saw one for 200 while the others were more :evil: I know that prices can go up when there is a "shortage", but my goodness!

Return to “Hot Deals”