The Nintendo Wii Hunt

Non-Black Friday deals and steals
rosie_mama23
Black Friday Pro

Postby rosie_mama23 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:36 pm

I HAVE A WII AND I DONT REALLY LIKE IT. I HAVE ALMOST $400 IN TO IT AND NEVER PLAY IT. I GUESS I JUST TO GET INTO IT. I SEARCHED FOREVER TO GET ONE, AND TWO MONTHS LATER NEVER PLAY IT. :(

babiee2481
Black Friday Pro

Postby babiee2481 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:04 am

I love our wii and I have had one since Day 1. 11/06. My kids play it all the time. I love wii fit. Most weeks Toysrus gets them every Sunday and they always get a big shipment. I just picked one up for my aunt who has been looking for a while now. :D

sn1per420
Black Friday Pro

Postby sn1per420 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:16 am

The Wii is definitely a fun system, I got one a little over a year ago, and still play the thing fairly often. If you get one though, be careful when buying games, cause while there are a decent amount of good games on the system, there's even more crappy ones.

Though if price is a deciding factor for you, I'd have to recommend a PS2, as you can get one of those for about $100, and It's got so many good games.

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:08 am

sn1per420 wrote:The Wii is definitely a fun system, I got one a little over a year ago, and still play the thing fairly often. If you get one though, be careful when buying games, cause while there are a decent amount of good games on the system, there's even more crappy ones.

Though if price is a deciding factor for you, I'd have to recommend a PS2, as you can get one of those for about $100, and It's got so many good games.

Exactly!, the wii was and still is full of garbage games that are over priced., and most of the folks who purchased a wii then as of today no longer use it since the 360, PS3 and Play Station 2 are much better options as far as playing games for kids.

The PS2 is a better deal from the quantity and quality of those games, i.e. daxter, ratchet and clank, kingdom hearts, spiderman, x-men, teen titans, final fantasy ten, etc.

Its a better deal since your kids are going to be playing the PS2 for years and years and its a REAL games unit for children with plenty of games.

sn1per420
Black Friday Pro

Postby sn1per420 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:33 am

Russell Burrows wrote:the wii was and still is full of garbage games that are over priced., and most of the folks who purchased a wii then as of today no longer use it since the 360, PS3 and Play Station 2 are much better options as far as playing games for kids.
Actually, the ps2 had tons of crap too. It happens to any system with a large install base, because everyone and their mom tries to make games for the thing. The Wii has more than enough good games to make it a worthwhile purchase, but I'm just saying that if the ONLY factor you care about is price, the ps2 might be a better option, since it's an older system, and therefore is cheaper.

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:35 am

[quote="Russell Burrows]

Exactly!, the wii was and still is full of garbage games that are over priced., and most of the folks who purchased a wii then as of today no longer use it since the 360, PS3 and Play Station 2 are much better options as far as playing games for kids.

The PS2 is a better deal from the quantity and quality of those games, i.e. daxter, ratchet and clank, kingdom hearts, spiderman, x-men, teen titans, final fantasy ten, etc.

Its a better deal since your kids are going to be playing the PS2 for years and years and its a REAL games unit for children with plenty of games.[/quote]

You know what, even last year you were judging the Wii and its games and I've seen it numerous times from you this season too. We all get it, you don't like the Wii console nor its games, but you know what, there are millions of people who do enjoy it as there are millions of people who love their PS3. But one thing I have to say is that regardless of why someone is hunting for a Wii (whether it's because it's the cheapest console, still the "latest/greatest thing" as it's hard to get, or because it is more family friendly) you don't need to come on here and bash the people who are trying to get one. I try to be a reasonable person, but your Wii bashing is out of hand. Just face it, there are people who want one and are going to try and get one. I have one, I don't play it near as much as I used to, but it's not because I have a 360 or PS3 it's because I don't have time. You can't call the console garbage because obviously it's still selling like hotcakes and no matter what you say on here, it's still going to be extremely hard to get this year.

Once again, I hate to get all negative and defensive, but this thread is not the place for a discussion on whether or not it is a good system and for you or someone else to try and talk someone out of purchasing it. Thus, I am leaving this thread and will only post back if I hear when and where their may be Wiis in stock for those who are hunting one.[/i]

prafulgupta
Black Friday Newbie

Wii Tracker and other info

Postby prafulgupta » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:04 am

Hey Guys ... I used Wii Tracker to keep track of stock online and in stores, its a decent tracker with auto refreshes (http://www.nowinstock.net/wii/ ), the site also has trackers for other consoles etc. However, another thing I did was to go to local Walmart and Target stores early in the morning when they restock, I asked the employees when their stock comes in and go the next morning, you can ask someone to get one from the back. This has worked so far with myself and my friends too. Its usually wednesday and thursday mornings for local stores here. Hope this helps.

MomLibbe
Black Friday Amateur

Postby MomLibbe » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I've gotten many Wii's (1 for us and several for friends/family) by just watching the Sunday ads. It's not too hard.

redkel
Black Friday Pro

Postby redkel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm not against just one type of system... I'm an equal opportunity discriminator and dislike them all! LOL! :P I would much rather teach my kid to love to read and imagine stuff than to play some of the games that are out there today.

If you want your kids to play PS2, PS3, XBox, or -- whatever, that's cool with me. I'm just not rushing out myself to buy anything that makes mine look at a TV screen longer than what she already does (about an hour and a half a day).

To each their own on this one.

thevioletbutterfly
Black Friday Newbie

I think I found a good place

Postby thevioletbutterfly » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:50 am

You can find Wii, the Wii fit and I think even the Wii Music and Wii Guitar Hero World Tour (pre-sales) at http://www.topgiftsforthischristmas.com. I found quite a few good deals there. Plus, it really helped me to know what to get for my nephews (like the new Elmo Live doll) because it has a "hot toys" list. Hope that helps.[/url]

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

Man, they were sitting on the floor at my local PX, tax free!!!!1!!

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:23 am

I got one last year for $280 off of Craigslist, 2 days before Christmas. Closer to the holiday the people that bought them to see before Christmas and make a profit, wigged out and started selling them at cost to get rid of them. Worked out well for me to just be patient and wait!!!

mdoshi
Black Friday Pro

Postby mdoshi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:34 pm

Circuit City gets shipments just about every week now, you just have to look at the weekly ad. Also, if you sign up to receive emails from Circuit City, they frequently send out emails saying they have Wii's in stock(online only) and they have free shipping for orders above $25.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:41 pm

go to iTrackr.com
They will email you as soon as a store in your area gets a shipment. Thats how I got mine, I knew they were in before the employees out on the floor did. They had to go in back and check what had just arrived.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:06 am

i was just at bestbuy and they had a pallet of about 100 wii's and wii fit's.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Return to “Hot Deals”