The Nintendo Wii Hunt

Non-Black Friday deals and steals

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

killasnake
Admin

The Nintendo Wii Hunt

Postby killasnake » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:08 pm

It has been about 2 years since the Nintendo Wii has been released. Many of you have already purchase one or even two, but there are also many that cannot even find one in stores til this day. The Wii will still be the hot seller and may be for along time.

Share your tips and tricks for people that do not have a Wii yet. Online stores do get them in stock but it goes very fast. If anyone finds the deals online POST IT!
Last edited by killasnake on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
The King

Postby Michael » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:20 pm

I've seen them regularly in stock at my local Fry's Electronics.

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:16 pm

****Deal Expired****

Bestbuy.com has them in stock online for $249.99 (+ shipping), I'm not sure how long its going to last but it pays to keep checking stores online.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8008559&type=product&id=1156203165702&AID=10474050&PID=1418914&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D8008559%26type%3Dproduct%26id%3D1156203165702

svngpvtry
Black Friday Pro

Postby svngpvtry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:07 pm

I have an extra Wii that i have been trying to sell locally without much success. Stupid Craigslist...

the4thnobleman
Black Friday Pro

Postby the4thnobleman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Try Cheapassgamer. They have a lovely buy/sell/trade section in their forums as well as a localized section so you'd likely find a better bite there than anywhere. I'd likewise recommend linking to paypal, and requesting only payment from "confirmed" people. Ive had tremendous success in locating cheap 360 games there, while not new, they were certainly in mint scratchless condition.

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Last edited by killasnake on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thenuke1
Black Friday Pro

Postby thenuke1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:25 am

one week a target had 2 .... the following week they had none lol

brooks215
Black Friday Pro

249 not so hot a deal....

Postby brooks215 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 am

the nintendo store here in NYC always has wiis for 249.00 ....

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:35 am

If you need one, just keep looking. I've seen a few on the shelves in the stores around me. Nothing major like I've seen pictures of online. They're out there. You either have to just be lucky or plan to keep looking every time and find one. If you're really desperate just look at the weekly advertisements late Saturday night or early Sunday morning when they put the new ones up. Then, go to the store that had it in their ad for the week at opening and you should get one.

On a side note. I saw more Wii Fits in one spot last week than I have the Wii console in the last year.

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Here's a story for anyone intrested...When the Xbox 360 came out it was vertually unfindable plus they had that huge recall thing going on. but in January (xbox came out in November I think) I had enough money to get one. This is how I tracked it down (this might help with finding the Wii if no one can find It, I havent really ever looked for one)
-Made a list of phone numbers for all the stores in town, BB CC Target Walmart etc...
-Every morning when the store opned I called each one asking if they had any in and if not when they would get any in.
- I also called Wal*Mart at 12AM to see if they were getting in shipments in. (when school started up again I had someone call all the stores in the morning for me)
I became Desperate in getting one of these 360's So i began to search on the internet to find any methods used to get one of these Xbox's.
I fond a website that said It would Txt you or call you when the local BB had one instock and it did this by actualy placeing a Cookie on the Order forms for Xbox 360's on the BB website which would tell if they had any in or not.
This sounded somewhat illeagel so I decided not to use the program, I did though read all of the stories of the people that had used it.
The following sotry isnt word for word but Its what helped me find what I was looking for.
"I downloaded this program eager to get a 360, and not more than a week after downloading this I got a txt and a call telling me that the BB had them in. I immediatly rushed to the local BB and ran in the doors to find the nearest employee and to ask him if they had any 360's. The first person I found told me that there wasnt any 360's In stock at this time but I didnt take no for an answer and I made him check the computer. He did and it told him there was 3 instock. He then went to the shelves and we couldnt find them, So I went looking for a Manager and he also checked the computer, but this time it apparently said there wasnt any instock. I made him check the back of the store and after about 10 minutes of sitting in the store he came back empty handed. He told me that they didnt have any back there. I was real sad that there wasnt any here, just then a employee came up to me and got really close and told me that they have 3 and there in the back and to come back tommorow becuase they cant sell them until tommorow."

So after reading this I got curious becuase when I had called BB early that morning the man on the phone had told me in a strange tone that tommorow would be his guess of they were getting any in, and he kept reapeting it but I really didnt think much of it until I read that article. I asked my father to check BB the next morining becuase I had other things I had to do and so he said eh doubts there will be any nut he would. That afternoon he comes to me and tells me he was so unsure they would have any he checked Target Wal*Mart and CC before going to BB and when he got to BB they had 1 left which he grabed real fast lol.

Basicly I spent all this time typing this just incase someone might be looking real hard for a WII and maybe the WII is availabe I dont know lol.

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:09 pm

I went to Sam's Club about 2 month ago and they had a big stack of Wiis.

dhart914
Black Friday Newbie

Postby dhart914 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:37 pm

Go to wiialerts.com and register, they will send you an email or a text message as soon as a store registers on line that they have them in stock. It gives you a list of stores, you tell them which ones your interested in. When you get the email alert it also gives you the link to their website where you can order one. Was able to get one after about a week.

twingles
Black Friday Newbie

Postby twingles » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:23 pm

toys r us have a good supply
Last edited by twingles on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:19 am

The simple solution for cash strapped buyers is get a 360 and avoid the hype train of the wii.

A better solution is get a PS3 to go with that new HDTV and avoid the wii hype train.

Anywho three months later my kids still play either a 360 game or a PS3 game being Ratchet and Clank the one being used all day.

The wii got sold as my kids got bored of it after two months.

miamifan1354
Black Friday Amateur

Postby miamifan1354 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:33 pm

The BJ's in Newark, Delaware has them regularly. You just have to ask. It's usually a bundle with an extra controller, nunchuck and a game for 349.98.

Return to “Hot Deals”