What Hot deals have you bought?

Non-Black Friday deals and steals
User avatar
lwmjr
Forum Moderator
Posts: 13130
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:49 pm

steffj89 wrote:SCORE!!

I just got Torchwood series on BluRay for 46$ on lightning deal...there were 38% claimed before price even showed!!

Chris will be sooo shocked!!!
*he thinks I don't listen*

Psst, didn't he say the Deadwood series
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
Paladen
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: east TN

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby Paladen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:33 am

I just bought the 19" Insignia TV at Best Buy for $79.99. I needed something to replace the 13" CRT television I currently use when on my treadmill.

User avatar
steffj89
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4288
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: OK
Contact:

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 am

Nope its Torchwood he's had me watching for it a loooong time...he likes those weird BBC shows....
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

User avatar
lwmjr
Forum Moderator
Posts: 13130
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:29 am

steffj89 wrote:Nope its Torchwood he's had me watching for it a loooong time...he likes those weird BBC shows....

Just checking :wink:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby Vols44 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:52 am

Anybody watch their shows via Hulu Plus or Netflix on a Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast or related device? Some of the British drama shows are captivating.

User avatar
lwmjr
Forum Moderator
Posts: 13130
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:13 pm

No, I don't have any of those, although I do be the BBC channel
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

digby723
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: NOVA

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby digby723 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Vols44 wrote:Anybody watch their shows via Hulu Plus or Netflix on a Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast or related device? Some of the British drama shows are captivating.


Just bought the Chromecast for $30 at Best Buy today but I don't like it. I've got an iphone, so it only supports Netflix and Youtube, but with an Android it would support a couple more apps. It will cast anything from my laptop, but I don't want to have my laptop up in order watch videos. Ordered Apple TV also, I'm thinking that'll have more of what I want it to do, just waiting for it to come in the mail.

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:57 am

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby Tomfranklin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Woot had a 1.99$ sale and I got a boatload of glasses for about 35$

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby Vols44 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:18 pm

digby723 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:Anybody watch their shows via Hulu Plus or Netflix on a Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast or related device? Some of the British drama shows are captivating.


Just bought the Chromecast for $30 at Best Buy today but I don't like it. I've got an iphone, so it only supports Netflix and Youtube, but with an Android it would support a couple more apps. It will cast anything from my laptop, but I don't want to have my laptop up in order watch videos. Ordered Apple TV also, I'm thinking that'll have more of what I want it to do, just waiting for it to come in the mail.


I have a Roku 3 and it's superb. Heard a lot of good things about Apple TV. They're striking deals with shows and networks every other month. Good customer support for both platforms.

I think Chromecast is still new and not able to bring as much to the screen as the previously mentioned devices. I think this is a case of you get what you pay for.

digby723
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: NOVA

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby digby723 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:19 am

Vols44 wrote:
digby723 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:Anybody watch their shows via Hulu Plus or Netflix on a Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast or related device? Some of the British drama shows are captivating.


Just bought the Chromecast for $30 at Best Buy today but I don't like it. I've got an iphone, so it only supports Netflix and Youtube, but with an Android it would support a couple more apps. It will cast anything from my laptop, but I don't want to have my laptop up in order watch videos. Ordered Apple TV also, I'm thinking that'll have more of what I want it to do, just waiting for it to come in the mail.


I have a Roku 3 and it's superb. Heard a lot of good things about Apple TV. They're striking deals with shows and networks every other month. Good customer support for both platforms.

I think Chromecast is still new and not able to bring as much to the screen as the previously mentioned devices. I think this is a case of you get what you pay for.


Definitely. I think Chromecast will get better with time, but I don't want to wait for it lol! Plus I really dislike Android phones, I've tried using them since 2009 and they just don't work for me, rather keep my iphone and get a device that's apple friendly. :wink:

User avatar
pdavis
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1186
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:31 pm
Location: Southern Cali

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby pdavis » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:06 pm

I went to Target yesterday. They had an E.L.F. (Eyes Lip Face) brand make-up brush set for $10. I had a $5 e.l.f. gift card that they told me they would honor. when the set was scanned it rung up at $5, I got the $5 off and only had to pay 45 cents tax.
I'm addicted!

User avatar
angelmse
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 pm
Location: Tempe,Arizona

Re: What Hot deals have you bought?

Postby angelmse » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:06 am

pdavis wrote:I went to Target yesterday. They had an E.L.F. (Eyes Lip Face) brand make-up brush set for $10. I had a $5 e.l.f. gift card that they told me they would honor. when the set was scanned it rung up at $5, I got the $5 off and only had to pay 45 cents tax.



woohoo gotta love a deal like that pdavis...

I just scored a pair of boots Ihave been wanting at Macy's, on sale plus addtl 25% off plus $25 gift card out the door for $39.00 OMG they were $150.00 before sale price. Yippee mom bought herself something. :lol:


Return to “Hot Deals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest