Seatching for Deals on 80" LCD TV's Any Help???

Non-Black Friday deals and steals
kowalik
Black Friday Newbie

Seatching for Deals on 80" LCD TV's Any Help???

Postby kowalik » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 am

Looking for Deals on 80" LCD TV's any help or direction would be appreciated from the Shopping professionals here :)
Realize that the 80" are new and priced high but anything saved would be appreciated.

THANKS

theraven
Black Friday Pro

Re: Seatching for Deals on 80" LCD TV's Any Help???

Postby theraven » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:41 pm

I believe Costco had one last week for around $3,500. Typically they're $4,000-$4,500 so if you live near a Costco it may be worth checking into.

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Man, I would love an 80" tv as well, but the prices are :shock: . There is a 70" Vizio on sale at the Sam's Club VIP sale this Sunday and in Walmart's Black Friday ad for $998. It's regularly $1,698. A 70" tv, especially a decent brand like Vizio, is an awesome deal.

Recently, I've considered projectors for a big-screen experience instead of a tv. You can get a bigger picture for a lot less. The BenQ W1070 is $898 on Amazon and will throw a HUGE image (that is if you've got the wall room). Screens vary in price, but the 100" Elite screen is around $260 on Amazon. So, for around $1,200, you could have a really cool setup.

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Lord 80" that seems to be going a bit to far IMO. This rate next year people will be asking for an IMAX screen and projector for the home. Most the stuff I watch would look like crap at that big but good luck on finding a deal friend and welcome aboard.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

nakeya
Black Friday Pro

Sams VIP Sale

Postby nakeya » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:57 pm

How do I find out about the Sams VIP sale? How much is the 70in TV?

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:11 pm

What's wrong with an 80" TV? I'm honestly secretly hoping our big one goes out soon (even though it's not even a year old lol), so I can upgrade to an 80"... You can never get too big of a TV!!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 pm

teknoge3k wrote:What's wrong with an 80" TV? I'm honestly secretly hoping our big one goes out soon (even though it's not even a year old lol), so I can upgrade to an 80"... You can never get too big of a TV!!

Nothing is wrong with it but sometimes TV can get really too large. plus if i had one TCM would look like garbage stretched and pulled and all that.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:23 pm

teknoge3k wrote:What's wrong with an 80" TV? I'm honestly secretly hoping our big one goes out soon (even though it's not even a year old lol), so I can upgrade to an 80"... You can never get too big of a TV!!

I know what you mean :D Our 60" Sony works fine, but I find myself wanting bigger. It's a rear projection, so certainly THAT justifies getting a new 70" TV. :lol:

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

I went by Sam's over the weekend to check out their 70 that is going to be on sale. They had an 80 right beside it and man it was HUGE! I think it was over $2k but it had an awesome picture. I would love to have it but we are already stocked on big tvs. :( That 70 is a good deal if you need it and can actually get it.

theraven
Black Friday Pro

Postby theraven » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Was just at Sam's Club and their 80" Sharp is $2,895.

Pos7al
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Pos7al » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:08 pm

I have the 70" vizio, and LOVE IT!! If you are really in need for that extra 10"... you will need to pay for it for quite some time with the prices on the larger screens being higher.

Go with the 70", and when the 80"s drop down to the 1500 range... upgrade.

Captain_Canada
Black Friday Pro

Postby Captain_Canada » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 am

80" is no where close to being to big.

Personally, I don't know why ppl buy those second string TVs like Vizio. Their nothing but garbage, and you get what you pay for.

If your looking for a decent large size TV that is priced decently, take a look at the Sony 70" KDL70R550A

You can find it online, delivered, tax free, for under 2G.

I know 3 friends that have it, and they love it.

Look online at the reviews.

Stay away from that cheap crap.

newkirk32
Black Friday Pro

Postby newkirk32 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:23 am

I bought the 70 inch at Sam's this weekend and it is awesome.

Vizio gets a bad rap, but it is still pretty good. I had my 47 inch Vizio for 5 years not a problem. My grandparents got the same TV at the same time, and a month later they did have an issue with a motherboard, but Vizio was out to their house the next day with a replacement TV. Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

I did buy the extended warrant just in case, but I think it they are good brand.

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:23 am

I will stick to Sharp, Samsung, LG and Vizio, I don't trust Sony
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:31 am

I went ahead and picked up the Vizio 70" at the Sam's Club VIP event this past weekend as well. Can't beat the price for a 70" TV. I haven't set it up yet (been waiting to get my wall mount from Amazon), but hope to on Friday. We've had a 27" Vizio for several years and haven't had any issues. We've had a Sony 60" rear projection that this Vizio is replacing. No issues out of it either. I've always liked Sony, but saving money is important to me and the wife (especially with 3 boys to raise) and this TV gives us a lot of bang for our buck.

Return to “Hot Deals”