Walmart a total bust for this weekend sale!

Non-Black Friday deals and steals

What was your take on Walmarts Electronics Event Weekend?

A total let down for whats about to come!
26%
They got what you need!
19%
You wish they had more to offer!
26%
A complete bust from years past and the economy today!
29%

Total votes: 58

rspacheco
Black Friday Pro

Walmart a total bust for this weekend sale!

Postby rspacheco » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:17 pm

What is your take on Walmart's Amazing Electronics Event this weekend. They couldn't even offer a camera or GPS system, only 1 laptop that is pretty good for the specs and price, the PS 3 w/ move bundle & $50 GC, $50 itunes card for $35, and about 10 tvs. I don't know about you, but it was a total let down for me, and I think it's only the beginning to this years crappy Black Friday prices.

Here's the link to check it for yourself!

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Christmas-Shop/648061

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:51 pm

I went to one of these weekend deal things and just wanted an MP3 player they had advertised....they took names of what people wanted and had seperate lines for what people wanted. They were about 5 people in line for the MP3 player...everyone else was already paying for their laptop or tv or whatever. It took them an hour and a half to let us know that they received no MP3 players at all! Jerks!
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:52 pm

JrdnJstn wrote:I went to one of these weekend deal things and just wanted an MP3 player they had advertised....they took names of what people wanted and had seperate lines for what people wanted. They were about 5 people in line for the MP3 player...everyone else was already paying for their laptop or tv or whatever. It took them an hour and a half to let us know that they received no MP3 players at all! Jerks!

:wink: It goes perfect with your avatar also:

I kid I kid. :lol:
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:56 pm

g-man430 wrote:
JrdnJstn wrote:I went to one of these weekend deal things and just wanted an MP3 player they had advertised....they took names of what people wanted and had seperate lines for what people wanted. They were about 5 people in line for the MP3 player...everyone else was already paying for their laptop or tv or whatever. It took them an hour and a half to let us know that they received no MP3 players at all! Jerks!

:wink: It goes perfect with your avatar also:

I kid I kid. :lol:

lol I know where you live and I will hunt you down! j/k
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Needless to say the words organized and Walmart don't belong in the same sentence. When their plans come together it's an aberration. Wallyworld is a synonym for caveat emptor.

As a footnote this post should be moved to the Retail Store forum.

tmc8080
Black Friday Pro

deals don't match the hype..

Postby tmc8080 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:40 pm

much like a loads of house of representative democrat on 11/2... we've created jobs, really.... things are getting better.
non-implemented healthcare, $3 gasoline, no jobs. no employment for 60 house members. walmart take note. this didn't do it to bring out the wallets.

veganlawyer
Black Friday Pro

Postby veganlawyer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:59 pm

I think the ITunes gift card is a good deal. I may swing in to pick it up... maybe... really hate Wal-Fart.

twnsma4
Black Friday Newbie

Postby twnsma4 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:29 am

went to walmart 7:30am 11/6 for the 26" $198 LED TV.....arrived to about 20 people standing in line with "vouchers" for the item they wanted to purchase, they all had shown up at midnight & returned to stand in line for the 8am sale prices.....first store never even received a shipment of the 26" TV's, and 2nd store was out of stock. Did buy the $50 for $35 I tunes cards which they are keeping behind the registers. Came home & went on line, TV says "out of stock" but was able to input zip code and after choosing 3 different local stores, found 1 store that said "add to cart" and made the purchase for $198.00. They are supposed to email/text when the TV is available to p/u at that store. so will see if they actually have it............... :?

tigObitties
Black Friday Pro

Postby tigObitties » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Chill out, you guys are expecting too much from a November sale. On black friday you should expect those super good deals on a variety of differnt things. Its a pretty damn good sale compared to other stores this week.

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Went to Walmart around 5pm today and they still had quite a few of those tv's..... I didn't check for anything else though

grover
Black Friday Amateur

Postby grover » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:05 pm

tigObitties wrote:Chill out, you guys are expecting too much from a November sale. On black friday you should expect those super good deals on a variety of differnt things. Its a pretty damn good sale compared to other stores this week.

Last year they did have Black Friday prices on their early sale. $100 for a $199 Xbox. This year it is only $50 for a $399 PS3. I picked up a sharp T.V. last year 46" for $698. That was the best deal on a T.V. that I saw throughout the holiday season.

snuckles
Black Friday Amateur

Postby snuckles » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 am

We were able to snag a 26 inch Vizio TV :D

Hubby arrived ~7:00 and stood in line. They had 10 of the 26 inch TVs in stock.

Return to “Hot Deals”