Zhu Zhu - These people are crazy!!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Zhu Zhu - These people are crazy!!

Postby XmasDVD » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:50 pm

I had someone email me through craigslist that they had Zhu Zhu pets for sale.
Here's what they said:

" Hello, I have all four of the Zhu Zhu pet hamsters (Num Nums, Chunk, Pipsqueak and Mr. Squiggles) I am offering them to you at $150 including shipping. If you are interested I have a verified PayPal account. I look forward to hearing from you."

$150? They have to be out of their mind!

fentrio
Black Friday Pro

Postby fentrio » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Geez! The worst thing though is some poor sap will probably pay it.

Speaking of zhu zhu pets, I am a world class moron. I got my son all the zhu zhus and accessories before all the hype started so I thought I was all sitting pretty. Then I saw they had one surfboard when I was at Toys R Us the other day and thought wait, I don't have a surfboard do I??? Bought it, got home, checked to see what I did have. I now have two SURFboards and no SKATEboard. I also somehow managed to buy two wheel/tunnel sets. Ugh.

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Someone will be out of their mind and pay that much for them.

KGuetzke
Black Friday Pro

But I'm sure someone will.....

Postby KGuetzke » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:32 am

pay that much!

We too hopped on the Zhu Zhu train as soon as we saw the darn commercial. Luckily, we have all 4 and all of the pieces except the skateboard as well. The ebay prices seemed to settle down a little bit a few weeks ago...but they are slowly climbing again as Christmas draws nearer.

The funniest part of the Zhu Zhu craze is an article I read online that said they had a very slim, low key marketing plan. I laughed so hard....obviously the person writing the article does NOT have kids. That stupid commercial started in August and I swear it was on Nickelodeon like 100 times a day.

Either way, the creaters are laughing all the way to the bank........

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:03 am

I really don't get it. It is a toy hamster.

What a hella marketing scheme they have to get everyone to go crazy over it!!! I would love to have been on that ad team - kudos to them!!!

libinatorsmom
Black Friday Newbie

Postby libinatorsmom » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:41 pm

I think its crazy but I am lookning for stuff... my DD wants it... of course... LOL however there is NOW way I will bay $150... HA

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:57 pm

packers wrote:I really don't get it. It is a toy hamster.

What a hella marketing scheme they have to get everyone to go crazy over it!!! I would love to have been on that ad team - kudos to them!!!
I don't get it either. Then again, I had a Furby...
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

LHaro
Black Friday Pro

Postby LHaro » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:16 pm

I completely don't get it... to me they look like a cat toy (not that I wouldn't be running around like a crazy woman if my boys wanted them - which luckly for me they don't).

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:02 pm

I don't even think they're cute...in fact, to me, they look cheap.
BUT...I DO remember being a kid and wanting a cabbage patch kid soooooooooo bad...and my mom went and stood in line for hours and even got in sort of a fight with a woman trying to grab one out of her hands.
I wanted a preemie, but I didn't get one...I wanted a girl...but didn't get one...I had to take the first one my mom could get...Fredrick (may he rest in peace). I loved him! I was so proud of him. I took him EVERYWHERE! A family member even gave me a REAL diaper to put on him! It was awesome!

SOoooooooooo....if my kids wanted the zhu zhu pets...I'd be running around town everywhere trying to find one for them too...I'd stand in line for hours and I would even get in a sort of a fight with someone for trying to take one out of my hands...lol.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:24 am

i had gotten two of them and a couple of beds, but i let my friend have them. my kids have soooo much and they want so much i just decided i didnt want to get them started on this.
besides they are both clamoring for 100$ lego sets....they just cannot have everything they want.

LOL @ the cabbage patches....that was the same era as TG&Y going out of business and they had midnight sales and also had raffles etc for big prizes and even auctions with some items.
My mom let us take our own money and buy our own raffle tickets for the cabbage patches....my sister won 3 of them at three different sales....
I won a 10 speed.
I think i got the better end of the deal, but I know over the course of that craze my mom bought a total of about 20 cabbage patches for some of my and my sisters friends moms and for us and my cousins....
And of course all of this is nothing compared to that #%^&#% tickle me elmo craze. that was the first year the net really played a part in things and people were bidding on them online.
wasnt there a lady who wound up paying like 24K$ for one?
steff

tanawat
Black Friday Newbie

Postby tanawat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:00 am

libinatorsmom wrote:I think its crazy but I am lookning for stuff... my DD wants it... of course... LOL however there is NOW way I will bay $150... HA

$150 for 4 Zhu Zhu Hamster ?

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:22 am

I guess more power to them if they can get that price :roll:
On the Hunt for Great Deals!

shanyo76
Black Friday Pro

Postby shanyo76 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:23 pm

cddd wrote:I don't even think they're cute...in fact, to me, they look cheap.
BUT...I DO remember being a kid and wanting a cabbage patch kid soooooooooo bad...and my mom went and stood in line for hours and even got in sort of a fight with a woman trying to grab one out of her hands.
I wanted a preemie, but I didn't get one...I wanted a girl...but didn't get one...I had to take the first one my mom could get...Fredrick (may he rest in peace). I loved him! I was so proud of him. I took him EVERYWHERE! A family member even gave me a REAL diaper to put on him! It was awesome!

SOoooooooooo....if my kids wanted the zhu zhu pets...I'd be running around town everywhere trying to find one for them too...I'd stand in line for hours and I would even get in a sort of a fight with someone for trying to take one out of my hands...lol.

My mom did the same thing for me!! She said she got in a tug of war with a woman. I did get a preemie with like an inch of hair on top of her head. I was so excited, that was my fondest Christmas memory. :)

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:24 pm

The longer I can keep my kids from learning about these things...the better off I will be LOL

luckycharms38
Black Friday Pro

Postby luckycharms38 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 pm

LHaro wrote:I completely don't get it... to me they look like a cat toy (not that I wouldn't be running around like a crazy woman if my boys wanted them - which luckly for me they don't).

We got one for the cats along with the ball :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”