Live Phone Calls from or to Santa?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

bellesmom
Black Friday Pro

Live Phone Calls from or to Santa?

Postby bellesmom » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:50 am

Hey guys! my 2 1/2 year old daughter just said she would like to call Santa and let him know what all she wants for Christmas....it really was too cute....but now as I am looking online for phone numbers I am finding numerous ones but for ridiculous prices...plus I don't even know if they are reputable(sp?) sites. I don't mind paying for the call but I want to be sure that the call will come after they have my money. Does anyone know of any phone numbers or good websites to go to? I know the pre-recorded calls are cheaper but I tried that and my daughter looked at me and said "Mommy, Santa's not listening to me...put him in time out!" Thanks guys!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:53 am

have a friend or someone you know do it....just make sure they have a deepish voice....
my boys dont recognize my cousins voice he lives in CA and they dont see him but every 2-3 years, so we call him....LOL
it still works....
i wouldnt pay for one
steff

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Poor_Guy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:06 am

Yeah I was going to say I dont think Id use any numbers. If anything get a family member or friend to do it. And to tell you the truth 2.5 yrs old ( I sure dont remember that time with santa, I remember blocks at 5 yrs old) but I doubt they remember or even a girl that can do deep voice could do it. I just don't think they would put 2 + 2 together yet. personally Id have Grandpa or Dad do it if I did it.

mommybambi
Black Friday Pro

Postby mommybambi » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:11 am

I was going to say the same thing. We have my M-I-L's boyfriend do it. They live out of state and never speak on the phone to him otherwise. My 9 and 7 year olds still believe. My sister was telling me yesterday that my 9 year old is too old. I think he suspects but has not outright given up on Santa. Although, he said said he has learned not to discuss it at school though. They also believe that Daddy also is Santa's helper and flies on the sleigh with him. Hubby has a Santa suit and this explains why.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:16 am

my kids know mommys and daddys help santa and that santa drops off big stuff when he can because only the stocking stuffers will fit in the sleigh....LMAO
steff

mrs.bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby mrs.bigevv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:33 pm

My soon to be 10 year old is on the brink. He has friends telling him but he wants to believe he told me. Whenever one of my children ask, I always say, What do you believe that is what counts. Once they stop believing Christmas will be different.

I agree with others, have someone you know call, save the money and recordings can cause other questions, maybe a good friend's husband would do the honors for you.

Michael
The King

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:44 am

Do kids not write letters to Santa anymore? In a couple years it will be "I want to video chat with Santa!"

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:56 pm

my kids write letters to santa, they cut out pics from the toy books and from the toys r us ads
and glue them to the letter....i let them go with me while i photocopy them and we send the copy to santa and i get to keep the originals because i want to remember how creative they were.

they are ok with that explanation.....
they also get a letter back from santa and a call every year
steff

bellesmom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bellesmom » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 pm

My mom has a letter on "Santa's Workshop" letterhead....I'm going to have my little girl pick out pictures of what she wants and let her glue them to the letter (since she's only 2 1/2)....and Michael, in my search of looking online for a live phone I actually came across a website where you can Skype with Santa....so the video chat is already here!

hey2abills
Black Friday Pro

Postby hey2abills » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Michael wrote:Do kids not write letters to Santa anymore? In a couple years it will be "I want to video chat with Santa!"

Exactly what I was thinking:
"Hey mom, I just facebooked Santa on my Iphone. He had me rotflmao."

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:37 pm

Set a friends number on your phones caller ID as Santa. You can even set the persons picture as a picture of santa if your phone allows it (iphone). Have them call and say, wow look who's calling and show the picture of santa on the phone thats ringing.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

bellesmom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bellesmom » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Ooo that's a good idea...she would LOVE it. I have a Blackberry so I'm sure I can figure something out about the pic right? (I had to get one for Nursing school and haven't really played around with it)

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Postby iKitsune » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:08 pm

Get your phone admin at work to help out. Have her set CNAM on one of the outbound trunks to "North Pole Enterprises", and then have a cow-orker call your children from that. :D

nshah
Black Friday Pro

Postby nshah » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:25 pm

do you have Vonage, by any chance?

http://www.vonage.com/santa/

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:27 pm

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Return to “Off Topic”