Ive got a question

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Poor_Guy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:31 am

If anyone is going to start a fight let it be me! Just kidding. :twisted: Anyways yes Ill sign up my email over at Bath and Body. I got xmas gifts earlier this year. And I kind of felt weird posting how much(sense some may think its small price) but I got 100 bucks flat to finish for her. And I know she needs PJ's, hoodies, stuff from Bath and Body and even more stuff like bras and lamps and etc.. But that ain't going for 100 bucks. Pj's at jcpenny is 20-25 dollars a top and bottom and bath and body is exspensive.. lol and then the woman hoodies can be from 20 dollars and up each.. And don't wanna really get 1 item of each thing lol So narrowed it to Pj's and bath and body and something else.. edit part- I got a question for bath and body sign up for stuff on there site. Only thing I see to sign up for is enter your email at bottom of the site then feel out info, is this all I can do on the site? Also does Jcpenny got thing where You can sign up for emails from the store and get discounts or coupons or free stuff? All I see on that site is register for the site and credit card of theres..

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:43 am

penneys does have a reward prog but it works kind of weird.

ok not sure of your location, but for pjs, kmart does a great pj sale on thanksgiving they are either 2 or 3 piece joe boxer sets for 20$.
hoodies you are likely to find on BF for 10$
lamps, check the clearance aisle @ wal mart, i just two "good housekeeping" lamps marked down ffrom 30 to 11$....
i agree bras arent likely to happen very much for 100$ and no I dont think its too small....
look @ target as well for pjs it seems like year before last i got cute jammy sets there for like 8 or 9$ on BF.
personally i think 100$ is plenty to spend on someone who isnt your kid....heck 200$ is my limit per kid....but that is sure to go up as my kiddos get bigger.
if you have other stuff your hunting let us know....some of us are shopping pros...lol
steff

musicalkarasel
Black Friday Pro

Postby musicalkarasel » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:23 pm

JrdnJstn wrote:The 5 for 25 is usually through out the year, not constantly but it's not only during the holidays.

You should sign up for the emails. I know the bacterial soaps are almost always on sale. I got 5 for $15.

There is a Bath and Body Works outlet store near me and they have the full size lotions always at $3, I love it there.

I know sometimes they'll give you a $10 coupon with your purchase during the holidays

The best sale on the antibac soaps is 5 for $10. Again, usually a week in January or June.

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Poor_Guy wrote: And I kind of felt weird posting how much(sense some may think its small price) but I got 100 bucks flat to finish for her.

You shouldn't feel bad about what amount you're going to spend on your g/f. People need to get over the amount and just by happy they got anything. It's the thought that counts not the monetary amount. Not everyone can spends hundreds on a g/f or b/f

I get nothing every year but I'd be happy to receive even a great smelling candle.
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

mrs.bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby mrs.bigevv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:31 pm

I agree with JrdnJstn...it's not the price. We have a $150 limit for our children, regardless the age. We may go over some but not much...combined we have 6 kids. We actually have spent less on the younger two because we try to even it out somewhat with the amount of gifts opened too.

K-Mart has great sales on Thanksgiving day and BF, Wal-Mart and Target have as well. I can't remember if JcPenney's did but if there is a Younkers in your area, they did.

mrs.bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby mrs.bigevv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Oh...XmasDvd posted on Hot Deals a JcPenney's hot deal 20% off 10/18 & 10/19. You might want to check it out.

chaddenise
Black Friday Pro

Postby chaddenise » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm

I have always spent the same on my kids about 200.00 each and the last 9 years, it has evened out to about the same number of gifts. But this year, i kind of have a dilema. My oldest wants an Ipod nano, so she won't get much else. But the youngest wants all kinds of stuff (ds games, brats dolls, some toy that puts the map of the stars on your celling, lava lamp, make up, etc) and so it is starting to look like the oldest will get only a few presents and the youngest will get LOTS of things. I am kinda wondering if i should spend more on the older one just so she has the same number of things to open or if i should stay firm at the 200.00??? Would it be fair that once you turn 13 you get more spent on you?? I can't really make it sound fair either way in my mind..I am sure some of you have have grown childern and have exprienced this in your life time, any suggestions??? Arrgghh..

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:55 pm

chaddenise wrote:I have always spent the same on my kids about 200.00 each and the last 9 years, it has evened out to about the same number of gifts. But this year, i kind of have a dilema. My oldest wants an Ipod nano, so she won't get much else. But the youngest wants all kinds of stuff (ds games, brats dolls, some toy that puts the map of the stars on your celling, lava lamp, make up, etc) and so it is starting to look like the oldest will get only a few presents and the youngest will get LOTS of things. I am kinda wondering if i should spend more on the older one just so she has the same number of things to open or if i should stay firm at the 200.00??? Would it be fair that once you turn 13 you get more spent on you?? I can't really make it sound fair either way in my mind..I am sure some of you have have grown childern and have exprienced this in your life time, any suggestions??? Arrgghh..

I had people disagree with me about this last year....some thought it wasn't fair...but... My husband and I have 7 children between the 2 of us. We usually always end up spending more on the older kids....because the things they want are more expensive. BUT everyone gets the same number of gifts.....and the little ones don't know how much was spent on who and for what....they get what they asked for too, so they don't care. What they DO care about is if they see someone get more presents than them....lol. It's never caused any hurt feelings in our house, because everyone DOES get what they want and everyone's happy.

mrs.bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby mrs.bigevv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:57 pm

chaddenise, how we deal with that is a lot of small things to make the count even...like socks, their favorite razors, polsih, and so on. This way we may end up going over a little but they are basic things they can use and this way they can open just as much. They don't mind, because they got their main gift and the younger ones are just happy with what they have.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:04 pm

chaddenise wrote:I have always spent the same on my kids about 200.00 each and the last 9 years, it has evened out to about the same number of gifts. But this year, i kind of have a dilema. My oldest wants an Ipod nano, so she won't get much else. But the youngest wants all kinds of stuff (ds games, brats dolls, some toy that puts the map of the stars on your celling, lava lamp, make up, etc) and so it is starting to look like the oldest will get only a few presents and the youngest will get LOTS of things. I am kinda wondering if i should spend more on the older one just so she has the same number of things to open or if i should stay firm at the 200.00??? Would it be fair that once you turn 13 you get more spent on you?? I can't really make it sound fair either way in my mind..I am sure some of you have have grown childern and have exprienced this in your life time, any suggestions??? Arrgghh..

Sorry...I had to add more...lol.
When you have a big family, like mine (I also came from a huge family)...you do what you have to and the kids just have to understand. My kids know that I can't go out and take them ALL shopping at the same time and spend the same amount on them everytime.....we just don't have the money. I buy for them AS I CAN, throughout the year. I might find several items for one or two of them on a clearance rack...but nothing for the rest. I can't pass it up...I have to go ahead and buy for the 1 or 2 then.....then the next time I'll look for another 1 or 2 of them. They just know that this is how it is and they are wonderful about it. They understand. They know we love them and that we do the best we can with what we have. And they are ALL very appreciative of anything they do get. None of them are lacking for anything and they're all healthy happy children.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:12 pm

thats kind of how we will wind up handling things they might get the one or two big things but then smallish things to even it out cause they do count and they dont always understand $$

steff

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:33 pm

My DH and I actually decided not to get each other gifts this year. We both need new computers, and the money that we normally spend will be going towards that. Plus we want to do a winter get-away in February. Add to that the stuff we buy ourselves on BF, and we don't need anything else.

I am glad I only have one kid to buy for. Now that she is almost 18 everything she wants is soooooo expensive!! :shock: :shock:

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Poor_Guy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:11 am

Yeah I know money isn't the happy thing but Just this year I was tring to do it. Due to bad things happening. SO thought Id get little more. Next year things should be okay enough not to worry about. But this year I just feel bad and looking for deals.

melblack
Black Friday Pro

Postby melblack » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:44 am

Just this weekend I thought that I had saved over$2000 to go BF shopping. Well, my husband is a truck driver and freight slowed and checks shrinked and I have ended up having to use most of that money to pay bills. After all bills come first bc my kids seem to like having food, water, and power and a place to live.

I am down to nearly having to start over again and I can't say that I am not a little worried about what I am going to get them or how it is going to happen but some how things always work out and no mater how little or big the amount my kids and family are always happy.

As long as you put your heart into the present they can tell and they will love it no matter the cost. Yes somtimes the bigger kids cost a little more but the little ones don't care as long as they get the most presents LOL!! They don't have to cost alot they just like unwrapping more. At least that is the case when it comes to my 10 and 15 year old.

That is one of the main reasons I love BF, bc there are so many deals and you can really make your money count.

Sounds like you are a great mom, so don't worry, your doing just fine.

Return to “Off Topic”