Ive got a question

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Ive got a question

Postby Poor_Guy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Theres really no adds out yet. But I was just wonder from what people know from the past. I never been to bath and body on black friday. But this was one store I was going to and there lotions and etc are 10 bucks each or more. I was wondering if anyone knows if they usually do like 20 percent or buy 40 dollars worth get 10 dollars free or anything? What have they done in past? Also I was going to get some PJ's from target/jcpenny I was wondering if people knew any old deals they add on those to? SO I know if I can get these items for (certain amount cash I got).

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Bath and Body Works has lots of great sales at this time of the year. They usually do a, I believe it's, 5 for $25 on their signature collections of lotions/body wash/body sprays/candles....plus sometimes you can get a coupon for spend $30 and $10 off....and they have coupons for buy one candle or wallflowers get one free (and that's even at their sale prices of $6.00 each)....I'm not 100% positive on these prices, but I go there every year and stock up and save LOTS of money!

I agree, they are usually kind of expensive...I would never pay full price for anything they have....but I love their sales :)

I think you can sign up your email & address on their website for special coupons and info on sale days. I get random coupons in the mail and by email alot.

musicalkarasel
Black Friday Pro

Postby musicalkarasel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

As a former employee of Bath and Body, I can tell you that the best time to shop there (and the best sales, by far!) Are in January and in june. I shop during those 2 months and stock up for the rest of the year. Really, if you are doing BBW, a giftcard that she can use in January is the way to go. It's 50 to 75% off!

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:06 pm

musicalkarasel wrote:As a former employee of Bath and Body, I can tell you that the best time to shop there (and the best sales, by far!) Are in January and in june. I shop during those 2 months and stock up for the rest of the year. Really, if you are doing BBW, a giftcard that she can use in January is the way to go. It's 50 to 75% off!

I do remember going during January and getting the last 3 Pink Grapefruit body lotions they had for like a ridiculous price of $1.75 each or something. I love that scent.
Some of my other favorites are Midnight Pomegranate (smell like nighttime with a full moon to me), Sea Island Cotton (smells like clean to me), Cucumber Melon (smells like fresh out of the bath), & Mango Mandarin (smells like summer). I like different smells for different moods...and associate smells with memories/times....lol

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:51 pm

to cddd: I swear by the mango mandarin! It's my absolute favorite! Followed closely by Japanese Cherry Blossom and Cucumer Melon. I also like the Warm Vanilla Sugar!

On topic, BBW has ok deals on BF. If I go in, it's for the 5 for $25 or the minis for stocking stuffers. Whoever said shop in January and June at BBW has it right. January is usually best because they're trying to get rid of last year's product. June is usually pretty good, but not as good as January.

As for PJs, are you looking for yourself or kids, spouse, relatives, etc.? Target runs decent specials on men's sleep sets throughout the holiday season (got one for hubby last year for $10), but JCP has their clearance racks that you can find good deals on any time of the year. We recently bought my nieces two dresses for a family wedding at JCP and paid a whole $1.75 each! Just gotta keep your eyes peeled for the bargains! :wink:

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Poor_Guy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:58 pm

5 for 25 dollars is that mini things of lotion like the 2 in high bottles? I am looking for 4 in or higher normal bottoles(not huge). Also I was looking for candies and stuff from there but doubt I get that. Also this for a 19 yr old. And the clothes is for adult woman with the Pj's from jcpenny.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Poor_Guy wrote:5 for 25 dollars is that mini things of lotion like the 2 in high bottles? I am looking for 4 in or higher normal bottoles(not huge). Also I was looking for candies and stuff from there but doubt I get that. Also this for a 19 yr old. And the clothes is for adult woman with the Pj's from jcpenny.

No, the 5 for $25 is for the reg. sized....they're usually somewhere around $10 each (some more, some a little less).
I use the spend $30 get $10 off and get 1 extra lotion and only end up paying $20 for 6 :)

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Poor_Guy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Well I was just not going to go to bath and body due to prices and the pjs are alot as well. But if I can get 5 for 25 dollars normal size stuff then now I am confused as ever!

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:06 pm

I know Penny's puts PJs on sale BF every year because I get a pair every year. Can't remember the actual price, but they're usually a good deal. As for B&BW, you could just go in and ask what their current sale is. They have one ALL THE TIME. It may not be the 5 for $25, but it would be something else worthwhile. The 5 for $25 is always on full size products. The girls in there would be very helpful.

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:54 pm

The 5 for 25 is usually through out the year, not constantly but it's not only during the holidays.

You should sign up for the emails. I know the bacterial soaps are almost always on sale. I got 5 for $15.

There is a Bath and Body Works outlet store near me and they have the full size lotions always at $3, I love it there.

I know sometimes they'll give you a $10 coupon with your purchase during the holidays
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:03 pm

They have good online sales too. I got on their email list.

I got my $10 off a $30 purchase coupon for the month of November when I was in the store last week. I always go on BF and get Wallflowers for my mom so this coupon will come in handy. But the 5 for $25 is the best time to get anything else.

When I was in the store they had the little bottles of their new scent Twilight Woods for $1 each. I got several of them because I really like this scent and they are normally $4 or $5.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:48 pm

musicalkarasel wrote:As a former employee of Bath and Body, I can tell you that the best time to shop there (and the best sales, by far!) Are in January and in june. I shop during those 2 months and stock up for the rest of the year. Really, if you are doing BBW, a giftcard that she can use in January is the way to go. It's 50 to 75% off!

BB&B had some great clearance items during June. Most agreed!

mrs.bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby mrs.bigevv » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:09 pm

jediknight wrote:

Yep, I have noticed the great sales in January and June. My favorite is the Sensual Amber. I just love the smell of that, when I use the shower gel, lotion, and
body splash, no perfume is needed. I get a lot of compliments on it too.

bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigevv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:07 am

mrs.bigevv wrote:
jediknight wrote:

Yep, I have noticed the great sales in January and June. My favorite is the Sensual Amber. I just love the smell of that, when I use the shower gel, lotion, and

I like Sensual Amber too.

mrs.bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby mrs.bigevv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:12 am

bigevv wrote:
mrs.bigevv wrote:
jediknight wrote:

I like Sensual Amber too.

Two things:
1. Quit wearing my BBW
2. Leave Amber alone.

Return to “Off Topic”