50 BFAds T-Shirts to Forum Members

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

bulldogpride08
Black Friday Amateur

Postby bulldogpride08 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:08 am

I promise I'd post a picture of me wearing a black Friday t shirt because it'd be my favorite t-shirt of all time! I plan to head to Best Buy early Thursday morning with a small group of friends while documenting throughout the night.

which is why

I think a cool idea to have a contest for best Black Friday video or documentary, let's show the world how hardcore we can get, I know those one guys who are staying out for 48 hours are hardcore. Let's see if anyone can beat that, or how a cool a video they can make.

dandjk2001
Black Friday Newbie

Postby dandjk2001 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:30 am

I will wear the shirt and have my picture taken on black friday among all the madness!

Contest idea: have everyone submit their black friday game plan- the stores they plan on going to, what they plan on buying, how long they plan on staying there, etc. This would be based on the ads that are available at this time. You decide who has the best game plan for black friday.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:10 am

Wow, some of these sound like a lot of work for the "judges". They sound cool though. I am not very creative, and kinda lazy, so I would do something easy. Perhaps just give them to the people who have the coolest idea but not really do the contest since they are so involved.

bellesmom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bellesmom » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:38 am

1. I promise to take a picture of myself in my shirt (in the middle of Wal-Mart, so that should be pretty)

2. I love Bexx's idea of posting a picture donating a toy to toys for tots. Great idea!!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:55 am

I want one of these shirts so bad that I'd be willing to take a pic of every member of my household, including my dog, wearing it. But yes, I will gladly post a pic of myself wearing the shirt, in the freezing cold, camping out in line.

As for a contest idea, I liked the idea of the first 50 unique posters to this thread getting the shirts. Or maybe we could do a "scavenger hunt" type of deal, where you have to complete a list of items to find amongst all of the BF ads listed on the site, and save a pic of the adscan (for example, find a blu-ray player for 179.99). I think that would be a lot of fun!

mbutchg62
Black Friday Pro

Postby mbutchg62 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:55 am

1. "Post in this thread by Tuesday, November 18th by 4:00pm PST." Here you go!

2. "Promise that you will take a picture of yourself wearing the BFAds t-shirt (priority to those who can promise to take a picture at a retail location during Black Friday or using BFAds.net)" I promise I will take it at a retail location during black Friday, AND another of me wearing it while using BFAds.net.

3. "Post an idea for a forum contest to give away the remaining t-shirts." The person who can predict the closest date and time the new Best Buy (or WalMart) BF ad will be posted gets a t-shirt.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:59 am

Michael wrote:
g-man430 wrote:You copied this from Slickdeals. :lol:
I wanted to do some sort of scavenger hunt or something of the like, but we need to get these shirts out quick so people can wear them on Black Friday.

Plus, we've still got plenty of other shirts to do something unique with.

LOL! Now that I've had time to go back and properly read the posts, I see Michael already had the idea for a scavenger hunt! That shoots my second idea down! GMTA... :wink:

MammaTina
Black Friday Pro

Postby MammaTina » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:05 am

OOOO.... I will totally take a pic, wearing my BF shirt!!!! (Standing in line at Target!)

contest idea....you could make up a question in regards to a PAST bf and the first X amount of people that answer the question correct win the shirt. Maybe a reward system...sometime items are posted wrong in the ad section and if they find something wrong and inform the proper person they get a shirt.

I predict the walmart ad to be posted on November 25 at 9:32

P.S. I would like an XL due to needing to wear multiple layers! Thanks
Last edited by MammaTina on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stacylou1988
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacylou1988 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:17 am

1. I am posting before Nov 18th
2. I promise to take a pic wearing my BF shirt in every store I go into on BF
3. For another contest, I have not idea......maybe a find waldo type on the website?????

cooley
Black Friday Newbie

Postby cooley » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:06 am

How exciting is this! I promise to take my picture in my bfads t-shirt at every store I visit.

Regarding the contest, I like the suggest of getting someone from every state!

SHOPBF
Black Friday Amateur

Postby SHOPBF » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:02 am

I promise to wear my bfads shirt while shopping on bf .
here's an idea for 2 contests :
- be the first 20 to post in contest thread with the least amount of post history
- be the first 20 to post with most amount of post history

ajp-wbm
Black Friday Amateur

Postby ajp-wbm » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:29 am

I promise to wear my BF shirt as I stand in the cold in at many stores before they open and take pictures.

Contest idea - Have people detail now what their game plan is for BF and award those with the best/most ambious plan (5am TRU, 5:35 line for Target...)

BFRockStar
Black Friday Amateur

I've been trying to think of something good...

Postby BFRockStar » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm

LOL-I didn't want to post until I came up with a good idea for a contest...My brain is failing me!

I will definitely take a picture of myself while wearing the shirt! In fact, I plan on bringing my camcorder while we camp out somewhere...so I will be sure that I even take my jacket off to show off my shirt on video as well! (Mind you, its going to be like 20 degrees!)

As for a contest, that's really tough because there are so many quick and witty people on here that a contest wouldn't last long-so it would have to be tough to ensure deserving winners! I like the idea of finding things...like make a list of things you want/need, and see who can find you all the stuff for the least amount of money! Or even get peoples' stats from last year, and the ones who saved the biggest percentage of money compared to what they would've bought everything at normal price win t-shirts!

Tleon
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tleon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:20 pm

I will absolutely wear the t-shirt - PROUDLY - at all the places I go on BF and have my picture taken at each one! :D (Proudly because I love this site and it would be a GREAT way to embarrass my sisters!)

I think a good contest would be to give ideas on how to express yourself as nicely and effectively as possible if you and another person get to the last big ticket item at the same time and you work it so you walk to the check-out with it and the other person thinks they are doing a great service by letting you take it and at the same time wondering how you did it.

ptldrabbit
Black Friday Pro

Postby ptldrabbit » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:58 pm

1. I am posting before deadline

2. I promise to take a picture of myself wearing t-shirt on BF

3. So many other great idea's use one of them or . . . . . give me an XL please, I don't have a bfads t-shirt to wear :(
Life is uncertain . . . . . eat dessert first and then go shopping!

Return to “Off Topic”