Which Console is the best?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:07 pm

ok so one of the things you are saying is the games are younger and more repetitive right?
that works good for me i need it to be ok for lil kids
thanks for all the input
steff

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:07 pm

steffj89 wrote:ok so one of the things you are saying is the games are younger and more repetitive right?
that works good for me i need it to be ok for lil kids
thanks for all the input
steff

I wouldn't say as repetitive as much as less button smashing. They're easier to get the hang of and makes it easier for anyone to pick up a controller and play. I think you're making the best decision by going with a Wii. There are still enjoyable games for it such as Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, and others. However, most of these are made by Nintendo. If you're looking for a more challenging game get your hands on Zak and Wiki. That is probably the most challenging game for the Wii and will keep you stumped for hours. It is definitely not a game children would enjoy. It's too complex.

Jaric
Black Friday Pro

Postby Jaric » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:25 pm

For a family with younger kids I would definitely say a Wii (under 10) for older kids a 360 (10+). We have both and for gaming and other features I'd say the 360 wins hands down. Our Wii is currently sitting at my dad's house because we hadn't even turned the thing on for 6 months or so...

The Wii is great system if you have a lot of people there with you to play with, it's very much a party console. The 360 is great for it's online features and the game library. The other thing I use our 360 for is media streaming. We watch a lot of the shows or movies that we have through it. There are ways to do this with the Wii as well but honestly, after trying most of them, they just don't work as well as the 360 does out of the box.

Also I saw someone mention Rockband vs Guitar Hero: I know that you can get it on the Wii but if you want the full potential a PS3 or 360 is what you need. Both games come out with new songs to purchase and download every week, with the Wii you can't download those because it doesn't have a hard drive. I think their only solution so far is to release a "Track Pack" with a selection of those downloadable songs on it. Of course the problem with that is that it's selection of the songs they choose so you might be stuck with only 3 or 4 out of a disc of 20 that you like.

Jaric
Black Friday Pro

Postby Jaric » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:29 pm

bigdog6374 wrote:To be honest I'm really thinking hard about the Xbox 360 Arcade edition I'm just waiting to see if anyone get get close to that $150 mark at some point this christmas and if not I'll grab one for $199 next year sometime.

Honestly don't buy that version, spend the extra money and get the next one up. The reason I say this is because the Arcade edition doesn't come with a hard drive and you will need one for a lot of games. Buying one separately is about $100 which brings you up to the price of the regular version. Also with the update coming on Wednesday you'll be able to load games straight to the hard drive to speed up load times even further.

Actually to kind of add to my above post the Wednesday update will also bring the ability to stream Netflix movies straight to the 360.

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Jaric wrote:Honestly don't buy that version, spend the extra money and get the next one up. The reason I say this is because the Arcade edition doesn't come with a hard drive and you will need one for a lot of games. Buying one separately is about $100 which brings you up to the price of the regular version. Also with the update coming on Wednesday you'll be able to load games straight to the hard drive to speed up load times even further.

Actually to kind of add to my above post the Wednesday update will also bring the ability to stream Netflix movies straight to the 360.

Honestly that's the one I'm thinking about getting. Microsoft has a thing where you can get a 20 GB hard drive and 3 months of Live for $30. Also, Circuit City is having a deal for Black Friday where you get the Arcade console, a refurbished 20 GB hard drive, and an extra wireless controller for $199.99. I don't think you can beat that because the controller is $50 by itself. I know there are some who may need a bigger hard drive, but I don't.

Also, the local Target had 120 GB hard drives on clearance for $90 so it'd still be better for me to get the Arcade when you look at it that way.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:04 pm

g-man430 wrote:I have a radio in my car. :D

first off....wow....g...wow

and i mean i have a wii and a 360. their both fun in their own aspects.

as far as asking which one is the best? it depends on your use..family use...i'd go with wii, online use...i'd go with 360, graphics and controls...i'd go with PS3.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

Jaric
Black Friday Pro

Postby Jaric » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:24 pm

guitarist19862005 wrote:Honestly that's the one I'm thinking about getting. Microsoft has a thing where you can get a 20 GB hard drive and 3 months of Live for $30. Also, Circuit City is having a deal for Black Friday where you get the Arcade console, a refurbished 20 GB hard drive, and an extra wireless controller for $199.99. I don't think you can beat that because the controller is $50 by itself. I know there are some who may need a bigger hard drive, but I don't.

Also, the local Target had 120 GB hard drives on clearance for $90 so it'd still be better for me to get the Arcade when you look at it that way.

Yea I didn't see that deal until after I wrote this, I would definitely go that way then. I could care less about having a bigger hard drive in the 360, it's just having a hard drive that's good.

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 pm

We personally like Guitar Hero better than Rock Band. But both games have good songs. It can be extremely addicting once you start playing it.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: Which Console is the best?

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:16 pm

Daddychoc wrote:Is the Wii totally different from the other 2 because it only seems good for the fitness virtual type stuff. Is a lot of space needed to enjoy the Wii. Isnt worth purchasing if you're putting it on a 19in tv? Does the Wii play regular games like the other 2? How many controllers come with the console, do I "need" to purchase the 2nd one?

In some respects, the Nintendo Wii is significantly different than the other two systems. However, in many other ways it is similar. Yes, the Wii does play "regular" games like the other two. You don't need too much space to enjoy the Wii-- just enough room so you can flail your arms about without hitting anyone or anything. Yes, it is worth purchasing to use with a 19-inch television-- such a television is entirely adequate. One set of controllers (one remote and one "nunchuk") comes with the Wii. With only a very few exceptions, games are playable with those controllers alone, so you probably don't "need" to buy extras. However, a lot of the fun of Nintendo Wii is playing multiplayer games with a group of people. For that purpose, you might want to buy extra controllers.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Get all 3!

If you are a Nintendo Junkie then get the Wii and start with Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Metroid Prime 3 - you will love the motion controls.

Also, if you are still playing the N64, I take it that you do not have a hi-def system...so then buy an HD tv, then get the 360 and PS3

Get Gears of War 1 & 2 for 360 and get Resistance Fall of Men 1 & 2 for PS3 - then Spiderman 3 on Bluray.

Enjoy and have a nice day!

seajsd
Black Friday Pro

All of them

Postby seajsd » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:11 am

We have all three systems but I like the PS3 the best, my kids like the Wii and my husband likes the Xbox 360. I still play SNES every so often, I love the game Zombies Ate My Neighbors LOL

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:01 am

We have a Wii and a PS3. I like the Wii because I like playing the Wii sports games and Mario. However we have Rock Band for the PS3 and I like that it is in High Def. My teenager likes the PS3 better because she thinks it has better games. The good thing about the PS3 is that you can use it for a Blue Ray player, we get them from Netflix and buy them when they are on sale.

vikings1111111
Black Friday Pro

Postby vikings1111111 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:01 am

You won't be dissapointed with the xbox 360. 8)

danimustng
Black Friday Pro

Postby danimustng » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:36 am

We have PS3 and the Wii... My Husband got me the Wii b/c there is a better variety of games offered to "non-gamers". My Husband on the other hand is an extreme gamer, plays FPS and everything else, so we got the PS3 also for the blu-ray capability. Xbox 360 has had a lot of trouble breaking down when we had it it broke twice before we gave up. They will deliver a box to you and you mail them back the system, in a few weeks you'll recieve another system. We took that other system and traded it in at gamestop for the Wii...

Daddychoc
Black Friday Pro

Postby Daddychoc » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 pm

seems like the Wii is the winner, thanks for your help!

Return to “Off Topic”