When do you start to wrap your presents???

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:02 pm

I just pulled the giftbags I bought last year after Christmas for 50-75% off out of the closet. As I buy a gift it goes in the bag :D So easy.

gogoriotgirl76
Black Friday Pro

Postby gogoriotgirl76 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:22 pm

I usually wrap the pressent the first week of December before the kids are out of school foe the winter break..When I am alone..makes it so easy!!

KikiB
Black Friday Newbie

Postby KikiB » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:56 am

Since I don't have a lot of gifts to wrap, the ones for my family are wrapped the night before and then brought down the morning of, because our cats love shredding paper and would shred all of the wrapping. The ones for my friends are wrapped as necessary, but usually a few days before I give it to them.

My dad makes it easy-he bought a ton of gift bags two winters ago on clearance, and then he tosses an item in each bag because he doesn't like wrapping stuff. Not only is it easier because there's nothing fancy to deal with-no bows, tape, or ribbons-but the bags are able to be used year after year because he doesn't mark who an item is to on a given bag. (We have a pile for each person and put our gifts in there)

pcgeekess1
Black Friday Pro

Postby pcgeekess1 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:41 am

steffj89 wrote:yep baby due C sec Scheduled for 12/30 unless i get lucky and go early (like i plan to....LOL)
steff

Oh that is great! My son was a tax baby too! Congrats!

bdsmith
Black Friday Newbie

Postby bdsmith » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:09 pm

I had to start wrapping earlier this month...my two year old was too excited about the toys in the closet.....now he doesn't know what happened to them. They were replaced with christmas boxes. LOL :lol:

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:53 pm

LOL@ tax baby....yep he will be....
i am still figuring we will go earlier than that tho....dr doesnt seem to believe me but whatever....
steff

hondaboy
Black Friday Amateur

Postby hondaboy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:51 pm

wrap???

who has time to wrap...just fold it up in the bag it came in and tape it up. If you really feel like getting fancy, you can use a walmart type plastic bag and tie the handles into a nice little bow...

bigdog6374
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigdog6374 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:25 pm

hondaboy wrote:wrap???

who has time to wrap...just fold it up in the bag it came in and tape it up. If you really feel like getting fancy, you can use a walmart type plastic bag and tie the handles into a nice little bow...

Yep gift bags are the best thing in the world. I usually stock up when they go on clearance after christmas and if all else fails Dollar Tree is only $1 each.

Haven't actually wrapped a present not already in a box in years and years. Now if it comes in a box already like a game system ect... then I'll quickly wrap it if I have time if not then no biggie.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:58 am

I'm super-organized most of the time, but I'm a huge procrastinator when it comes to wrapping gifts. I wrap as soon as my son goes to bed on xmas eve (and I'm sure he's sleeping and not faking it to wait for Santa), while watching the Christmas Story marathon. Around 3am, I'm usually done. If I had less presents to wrap and if hubby didn't rely on me to wrap gifts he bought for his family members too, I'd be done long before that. It doesn't ever take me too long to wrap something, unless it's an akward shape. It's just the amount of gifts that drives me insane!

bar1jp
Black Friday Newbie

Postby bar1jp » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:34 am

Thanksgivng weekend after I get all the sale goodies!

fentrio
Black Friday Pro

Postby fentrio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:59 am

I can't wrap. I don't understand why, I try and try and no matter what I do it always looks like crap.
My husbands actually a pretty good wrapper but is tired of it after maybe three presents.

Luckily a few years ago when the kiddos got big enought that we actually had to hide stuff we started stashing it at his parents house. His sister loves wrapping so she offered to wrap them for us. So now that's how we do it every year. As we buy stuff we just drop it off over there and its wrapped by Christmas Eve when he goes to pick it up after the fellas are in bed.

fentrio
Black Friday Pro

Postby fentrio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:01 am

By the way, ya'll that have them all wrapped and under the tree before Christmas..what's up with that?

Are they not from Santa or does he leave them early for some reason or?

jovilover
Black Friday Pro

Postby jovilover » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:13 am

My kids are all past the Santa stage but this year I won't put their "big" gifts (a laptop for my oldest and DS's for my younger 2) till Christmas eve.
When they still believed in Santa we put all the stuff under the trees except Santa gifts. They went out after they were all in bed and they were wrapped in different paper of course. LOL

fentrio
Black Friday Pro

Postby fentrio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:14 am

Ooooh, so the ones already under the tree are from the parents?

I wonder if I'm the only one that doesn't give anything from us?

jovilover
Black Friday Pro

Postby jovilover » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:20 am

We always bought stuff from us....then the #1 item on their list was always the thing that Santa gave them. Then a few years ago I was getting tired of "Santa" getting all the credit for the really good presents so I switch and gave Santa the gifts that are not #1.
But now all 3 of girls are older (16, 12 and 10) and know we are Santa....so no more Santa gift.
I also read your other thread and I ALWAYS wrapped my Santa gifts.

Return to “Off Topic”