Who Has Snow?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

heather3781
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Who Has Snow?

Postby heather3781 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:34 pm

coco76 wrote:Bored again...b/c there are still no good ads...so I thought I would ask you all this: Who here has snow for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas?

I'm in NE Texas, so I don't get snow for any of the holidays. The last time I remember a lot of snow near a holiday was either in '02 or '03, the day after Christmas. We usually don't get our winter weather until after the first of the year, but then it's only freezing rain and sleet...more dangerous than pretty.

I'm in VA now, and no snow since I moved here. Growing up in Baltimore, I can only remember a couple of Christmas' with snow...and it wasn't much.

carolinagal
Black Friday Pro

Postby carolinagal » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:35 pm

g-man430 wrote:I'm in South Carolina. What's snow? :? :lol:

Snow...Never heard of it. :lol:. I know what ice is... :D

kevo
Black Friday Pro

Postby kevo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:45 pm

It snowed last week for a day or so... it all was gone when a good sun came out :cry:

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Postby coco76 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:30 pm

cddd wrote:
coco76 wrote:Bored again...b/c there are still no good ads...so I thought I would ask you all this: Who here has snow for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas?

I'm in NE Texas, so I don't get snow for any of the holidays. The last time I remember a lot of snow near a holiday was either in '02 or '03, the day after Christmas. We usually don't get our winter weather until after the first of the year, but then it's only freezing rain and sleet...more dangerous than pretty.

Hey, Coco, you didn't get any snow last Thanksgiving. I'm in Texas too, and it snowed on Thanksgiving last year. It was awesome....It covered everything. It was so pretty. My dad had just died and it was going to be a very depressing Thanksgiving for m...but then it started snowing and it was so beautiful....I just cried. It was kind of refreshing...if that makes any sense :)

I pray for a white Christmas EVERY year.....I'm praying for one this year too.

It's so funny, because here in Texas, when we do (very rarely) get snow, it pretty much shuts us down...the schools close...all the stores are cleaned out.....no one knows how to drive in it, so everyones running into eachother. lol

Nope, we sure didn't. We have a hard time getting anything to come east of D/FW. It's like it hits the heat island and just craps out. LOL What you said about the snow helping through Thanksgiving made perfect sense. Sorry you had to go through that on what is supposed to be a happy occasion. OMG, I wish no one any harm, but it's kinda funny watching the news during our rare winter weather b/c I think they try to catch every single sliding or crashing car.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:00 pm

Snow?
I have seen it on TV before and in person for about 10 minutes when I was about 3 years old.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

Jeffg
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Jeffg » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:52 pm

Its a crapshoot for us in Colorado... Sometimes we will get snow for Christmas, but rarely ever for Thanksgiving... A few years back it did snow pretty good on BF... I used 4-wheel Drive to get to the stores and they were empty...

nshah
Black Friday Pro

Postby nshah » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:30 pm

Bexx wrote:OMG I thought you were asking who had snow TODAY.

I have snow for the holidays in Michigan....usually more than I want for sure!

I'm in SE mich.

I'd guess about 10% chance of having snow on the ground for BF? 70% for Christmas.

It's usually pretty cold around BF, that's the biggest issue about camping out IMO. Maybe a few flurries, but I don't think we generally have any significant winter weather during BF

Despite our 70+ temps today and the last few days, accuweather.com's 15day forecast has a high of 38 for Nov. 20th.. brrrrr

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:41 am

Hey nshah are you near Ann Arbor?

I think the last Christmas I remember without at least a dusting of snow was about 4 years ago! But BF is COLDDDDDDDDDD I froze my butt off last year!

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:44 am

I'm in Austin and we get snow maybe once every 4 yrs or something. We do get some ice though and people drive on it like it's a nice sunny day to work and wonder why their car slid into the guy in front of them and the ditch.

Anyways it was 90 here

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:56 am

It snowed overnight here in Minnesota...it blanketed the ground, houses...maybe about 2 inches or so...luckily the roads are just wet/slushy

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:01 am

heather3781 wrote:
I'm in VA now.

Where in Virginia are you Heather?
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bjbarrick
Black Friday Pro

Postby bjbarrick » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:33 pm

East Central Iowa....snow today, probably snow Thanksgiving, most likely snow Christmas, likelihood of snow on Easter. It snowed last year for my hs daughter's prom!

bjbarrick
Black Friday Pro

Postby bjbarrick » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:35 pm

East Central Iowa....snow today, probably snow Thanksgiving, most likely snow Christmas, likelihood of snow on Easter. It snowed last year for my hs daughter's prom!

heather3781
Black Friday Amateur

Postby heather3781 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:09 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
heather3781 wrote:
I'm in VA now.

Where in Virginia are you Heather?

Roanoke

Return to “Off Topic”