I am going nuts.

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

Do you have a set schedule you adhere to on BF, or just run wild?

I use a set schedule
50%
I just run wild based upon what's on sale
50%

Total votes: 40

teknoge3k
Forum geek

I am going nuts.

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:57 am

Ok, the ads are coming very slow this year.. Like someone else, (I think it was Bexx, but I am too lazy to look) I come on this site all year in anticipation that something will be posted. Even though, I know it won't.
I know there's another post about the ads coming slow, and this isn't intended to be a duplicate post, but... I NEED MY ADS
I feel like a crackhead going through withdraws right now, because no good ads are coming out, which stinks.
With that being said, as of the date of this post... We have 22 days left.
We have 384 days until Black Friday 2009.

Maybe I am too into this. :?

On Black Friday, we always hit JC Penny first, to get our snow globe. Then we run over to Wal-Mart to stock up on their $2 DVDs, and get anything else good they have. Then we go to Staples, and my wife drops me off, while she runs to K-Mart. After that, we hit Lowes, then go to Cracker Barrel to eat, then we go home to put up our Christmas decorations. Does anyone else have a set schedule they typically adhere to on BF?

< / end of ramble >
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:06 am

I kind of set a schedule, but it is different every year based on what I want the most.......I will be camping at best buy, but I always stop at meijers, kmart, targer, walmart, kohls, and any other that I think I need something from. But the order of those will be based on the ads that are NOT coming out!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:10 am

Bexx wrote:I kind of set a schedule, but it is different every year based on what I want the most.......I will be camping at best buy, but I always stop at meijers, kmart, targer, walmart, kohls, and any other that I think I need something from. But the order of those will be based on the ads that are NOT coming out!

We don't have a Kohls or a Meijers here... We usually hit the same stores in the same order. Sometimes you can throw Office Max in my schedule based on what they have. :)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:21 am

I just run wild from store to store. Sure, I have a schedule of which stores I am hitting in which order, but that depends upon what they have each year. I don't stop at a store simply because it's on my schedule. If it doesn't have anything, I skip it and head to the next.

gseclipse11
Black Friday Pro

Postby gseclipse11 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:32 am

guitarist19862005 wrote:I just run wild from store to store. Sure, I have a schedule of which stores I am hitting in which order, but that depends upon what they have each year. I don't stop at a store simply because it's on my schedule. If it doesn't have anything, I skip it and head to the next.

I'm the same

ncshop
Black Friday Pro

Postby ncshop » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:52 am

We set a schedule on T day every year. We sit down to make our list and figure out when and where to go. Last year my sister and I camped out at BB. This year I don't think we are camping but we will be going out around 3:00am. I can't wait to see if the sales are going to be really good or if they will be so so. It really does not matter though because we still go every year. I love BF!

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 am

gseclipse11 wrote:
guitarist19862005 wrote:I just run wild from store to store. Sure, I have a schedule of which stores I am hitting in which order, but that depends upon what they have each year. I don't stop at a store simply because it's on my schedule. If it doesn't have anything, I skip it and head to the next.

I'm the same

Me, too. This is the first year in a long time that hubby will be able to go with me (assuming nothing goes awry) so I won't be alone. It'll be nice to have some company with me while I'm slowly turning into a people-sicle. :lol:

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:58 am

Calm down. Drink a Red Bull. :D
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Postby coco76 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:01 pm

g-man430 wrote:Calm down. Drink a Red Bull. :D

:lol:

ajp-wbm
Black Friday Amateur

Postby ajp-wbm » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Last year I was at Kohls when it opened at 4am and out by 4:15. Then right to the Walmart line where it opened at 5am and was out by 5:30. Over to Target next door when it opened at 6am then to another Target then to K B Toys then to another Walmart.

Sent my husband to Circuit City and Staples, my father to Toys R Us and Best Buy (he decided against it after seeing the line) and my brother to Macys and Sears. We split up the stores so we can be at more when they open.

I so agree with some of the other posts - I can't wait for the ads. It is killing me that I don't have more in my hands.

Oxford03
Black Friday Pro

Postby Oxford03 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:19 pm

The Hubby and I always set a schedule/list of stores we will go to and what exactly we need at each store. I am really waiting for the TRU add. With three kids that is usually my first, and most important stop!

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:33 pm

The ads are what makes up our schedule.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:37 pm

I used to love it when they staggered start times. Now everyone around here, opens at 5AM = ( so its hard to get from one to the other and still get doorbusters.

mnbartman
Black Friday Pro

Postby mnbartman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:46 pm

My wife and I split up where we go, to cover more stores that open at the same time. Ussally all the kids go with us. They the crowds and camping out at BB.

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 pm

We split up. I let hubby get the easy stuff so he can go back to bed. He gets excited about it but wants it over quickly. He just doesn't fully understand. Maybe one day...........Otherwise it depends on what I need as to which stores to go too.

Return to “Off Topic”