Waiting till 4:59 to run in

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

mckin
Black Friday Pro

Postby mckin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:19 pm

stores like this usually arnt your friends on BF anyway, and lines are the best stores imo,

but youd be surprised how many old ladies would be able to stop you. trust me.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Re: Waiting till 4:59 to run in

Postby cmac1337 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:39 pm

kevo wrote:So I camp out every year... There is always a bunch of people that run in as soon as the doors open. Im 6'2 250 so i mean if I just run in with my buddys who is going to stop me.... I know it is bad but every one else does it so Insted of freezing SHould I just do that????? :?:

i dare you to try this at our location...we have local PD with armed M4 carbine's in their vehicles guarding the doors and sitting in their cars beside the front entrance.... =D =D
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:45 pm

kevo wrote:So every one that is attacking me are you the one crazy bitch that is way in the back of the line that every time I get out to my car to warm up and I walk back to my spot your the only one makeing a huge seen and crying about it?

No as a matter of fact I have no problem with someone leaving for up to 1-2 hours, and i live in florida where its warm.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

kevo
Black Friday Pro

Postby kevo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:51 pm

I would hope there is no problem with cold in florda... that has nothing to do with my post

Jordan
Black Friday Pro

Postby Jordan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:39 pm

Where I am there actually aren't too many "line jumpers" and if someone does try,
usually, the people that camp out will call out the line jumper and then some manager or officer will ask them to leave...

what I hate is when (if) the line forms a puddle at the door...
So the people that were camping are mixed with the people that just arrived.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:40 pm

I'm just going to say &*ll yes!!! :twisted:

I have always waited in the Target line and everytime I round the corner to get in the door there is always a group standing by the door as if they think they are going to line jump casually or run in. However, there are always 4-5 target employees that stand their and "cup" the line so they cannot get in. With the voucher system at other stores (which Target did last year for a couple of items) that helps reduce the line jumpers. But there still are plenty of other things that could be gone if you were in the back of the 2 mile long line that the line jumper gets and thats wrong.

I understand your frustration!!! But I agree with another poster, use your size to help. I think in the long run, you will end up coming out ahead if you do. I would like to say that you could use your size to help us small ones but honestly I do hold my own for the most part. But I would appreciate a big strong guy helping me out if someone was taking advantage of my size and doing something bull*&^% to me. :wink:

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:08 pm

this issue is honestly why the doorbuster ticket system is so effective.

my advice....strength in numbers...more people you have sayin "WOHAHAHAH HE'S JUMPIN"

the more you have to argue.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

dita978
Black Friday Pro

Postby dita978 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:19 pm

I think standing in line is part of the fun. I always meet great people and get to scan the crowd for what I should grab first.

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:41 pm

got pepper spray and a tazer ready for you guys :lol:

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 pm

kevo wrote:yes pluto... people dont seem to have the brains I thought they would.... I think there the ones voteing for obama :roll:

Hmmm....look at my signature.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:29 pm

kevo wrote:yes pluto... people dont seem to have the brains I thought they would.... I think there the ones voteing for obama :roll:

kevo wrote:I would hope there is no problem with cold in florda... that has nothing to do with my post

Just like how your Obama-bashing had nothing to do with the topic... its a bit hypocritical don't you think :roll:??

But to try to address your question (and by try I mean to use the little Obama-voting brain that I have) the amount of people rushing the door seems to increase ten-fold each year. In the areas that don't use police help (Target and Walmart) there is really not much a person can do about it but to rally everyone who is waiting in line against the line cutters but a lot of people don't like confrontations.
As someone noted already, the ticket system is an improvement to trying to limit what line-cutters can or cannot get but there are always execptions.

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Kevo it was a bad idea to suggest that you would line jump but i admit when i saw that i got pretty mad you were even thinking of this but I understand you camp out and all and yeah you dont deserve for people to get all mad at you I think we just take all the anger out on people that say they are or have done that because every year we see it and its like UGH and we need to vent our frustration :D

This happned to me last year...i posted something saying i got 2 door buster tickets and i found i didnt need the other so i sold it and...well let me tell you the amount of people that hated me from that moment on.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:36 pm

The Zach101 wrote:Kevo it was a bad idea to suggest that you would line jump but i admit when i saw that i got pretty mad you were even thinking of this but I understand you camp out and all and yeah you dont deserve for people to get all mad at you I think we just take all the anger out on people that say they are or have done that because every year we see it and its like UGH and we need to vent our frustration :D

This happned to me last year...i posted something saying i got 2 door buster tickets and i found i didnt need the other so i sold it and...well let me tell you the amount of people that hated me from that moment on.

YOU SOLD IT! lol.....just pickin on ya :wink:

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 pm

The Zach101 wrote:This happned to me last year...i posted something saying i got 2 door buster tickets and i found i didnt need the other so i sold it and...well let me tell you the amount of people that hated me from that moment on.

I still havnt forgot about that!
:D
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:16 pm

think its silly to sit in the line Once you hit the mid 60's. No one will respect the line at that point and the door/entrance will become a massive orgy of soccer moms tweaked cuz they missed the "minimum quantity:5" print.
Last edited by Eddyisgreat on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic”