Please Help!!!!!!!!!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

Guada
Black Friday Newbie

Please Help!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guada » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:22 am

Hi! I'm from Argentina and I'm planning my vacations this year to Miami.
I never been on a Black Friday!!! I dont understand very well all!!
Can any body explain us when is the exactly day of Black Friday this year????????
I think that is on 28th november 2008 and we arrived that day in the morming to Miami.
Please help us! We need more information!
Thanks and I apology for my poor english!

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:41 am

Black friday is the day after thanksgiving every year

Guada
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Guada » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:20 am

Yes I know that, but as we dont celebrate thanksgiving that why I'm asking!
and is all the day after or the shops close at some time

abbydreyer
Black Friday Pro

Postby abbydreyer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:32 pm

It IS the 28th. However, if you are arriving that morning, you will be missing out on the best sales. If you go out in the afternoon, you will still be able to find some bargains, but selection will be very limited. You will also be dealing with a LOT of tired and stressed out people, both store employees and shoppers. It will not be a good representation of the American people (you will be seeing us at our worst behavior! haha). Also, not something I would suggest doing if you have never even been here before. You are certainly more than welcome to join in, but just be prepared!

Lady Christmas
Black Friday Pro

Postby Lady Christmas » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:34 pm

It will be on the 28th and is considered the biggest shopping day of the season.Stores have special sales with we what we hope are items that we want or need. The earlier you can get into Miami the better because lines begin on the Thursday before,especially the electronic stores(as ads come out you will see why).Be sure and learn where the stores you want to shop are and have plenty of money and have fun. Keep at this site for ads to be posted. It is the best place to keep watch. :)

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Lady Christmas wrote:It will be on the 28th and is considered the biggest shopping day of the season.Stores have special sales with we what we hope are items that we want or need. The earlier you can get into Miami the better because lines begin on the Thursday before,especially the electronic stores(as ads come out you will see why).Be sure and learn where the stores you want to shop are and have plenty of money and have fun. Keep at this site for ads to be posted. It is the best place to keep watch. :)

I live in Miami and will be out at the stores on thursday, be sure to check out my wifi car webcam. You will be able to see what the lines are like ahead of time. If you have a laptop or iphone you can watch while you are waiting at the airport.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Guada
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Guada » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Thank you for all the answers.
I think that I understand what all you are meaning. When I will arrived the best deals will be out of stock so I think I will tried to change the date of my flight! lol
Is some you live in Miami can help me saying where to go to buy a Laptop and GPS.
Ahh another thing... there are the some prices in Internet or is better to go to the shop.
You make lines for all night but when do shops open ?
Thanks again for you help, It's very usefull for me.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Guada wrote:Thank you for all the answers.
I think that I understand what all you are meaning. When I will arrived the best deals will be out of stock so I think I will tried to change the date of my flight! lol
Is some you live in Miami can help me saying where to go to buy a Laptop and GPS.
Ahh another thing... there are the some prices in Internet or is better to go to the shop.
You make lines for all night but when do shops open ?
Thanks again for you help, It's very usefull for me.

Lines normaly start that thursday around noon for Bestbuy and CircuitCity. The staples line starts later that night, and then Office Max, Office Depot, and Radio Shack start early friday morning a few hours before the stores open.

For a laptop you will probably get the best deals at Bestbuy, CircuitCity, Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, or CompUSA.
For a GPS you will most likely see good deals at Bestbuy, CircuitCity, Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, RadioShack or CompUSA.

As for shopping online, not all of the door buster items(best deals) go on sale online. Also you may have trouble getting what you want with everyone else in the US trying to buy them at the same time.

Guada
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Guada » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssss
Another question!
All the deal apperars before BF in some place? Newspaper? Or you know them when you get in the stores?
Sorry about my stupit questions but I think you may understand I'm not from USA!

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:44 pm

There is no stupid questions,

usually the ads are released the Sunday before thanksgiving in the Sunday Newspaper or at the store. Most of the time you can find all the ads here.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:54 pm

Yes, the ads are in the paper right before black friday.

However most of them get posted online by workers or people that have access to the ads before then. Just keep watching this website and you will get them early and know what stores will have what and for what prices. They already have the ads for Harbor Freight posted but you may not be interested in that ad since your looking for electronics.

If you want to have the ads emailed to you sign up for my mailing list (bfemails.com)

Guada
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Guada » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:34 pm

This is a very active forum! I like all you answers.
I'm not interesting just in electronic! My husband want to buy the laptop and the GPS! I'm looking for clothes, shoes, make up, creams and all things that women like! lol =)

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:11 pm

You may want to check out the local mall when you are in town. They usually have a lot of good deals and are open at midnight.

Ghost3B
Black Friday Pro

Postby Ghost3B » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:53 am

I hope you aren't planning on taking the GPS back to Argentina, because it won't work there.

Guada
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Guada » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:41 am

Why not? I have to buy one Garmin and here I could download the softwares of Buenos Aires!
I know people who bought there a GPS and the used here without problem.

Do you think sawgrass is a good mall to choose? Or is better going to another mall in Miami???

Thanks all!

Return to “Off Topic”