Would vending my own hot choclate for people....be legal?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

NJ__Jon
Black Friday Pro

Would vending my own hot choclate for people....be legal?

Postby NJ__Jon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:37 pm

Ya'll! Ok...you all know those cold friday shopping nights! I can probaly get a small truck that can hold all i need ....but would I get in trouble if I setup in a parking lot and charged for hot choclate....../???? ....I mean I am helping others.... :wink:

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:38 pm

I think it depends on the place your doing it at and the store.

svngpvtry
Black Friday Pro

Postby svngpvtry » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:38 pm

You would probably need to have the proper business license and health code certification for street vendors.

It also depends on where the business is located and if the owners of said property have a policy against it.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:41 pm

agreed with the comment above entirely. it depends on the previously stated.

be careful too...could cause chaos. lol.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

NJ__Jon
Black Friday Pro

Postby NJ__Jon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:48 pm

The Zach101 wrote:I think it depends on the place your doing it at and the store.

So a huge empty space in a wal-mart parking lot, WOULD NOT WORK? :wink: Yes I know I know - Liability SilLiability

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Are you planning on picking a store, waiting in while also selling stuff from a truck in the parting lot? or are you just planning on going around in a truck selling stuff?

Here is a cool idea, Get those cans of hot chocolate/coffee that are self heating. You can just sit in line with a box of them and a sign. Or if you want to drive around and sell them, just drive down the lines at all the stores holding one out the window and yell "Hot Chocolate" or "Hot Coffee". People that want one will jump out of line and run up the get one.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

NJ__Jon
Black Friday Pro

Postby NJ__Jon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:10 pm

MikesTooLz wrote:Are you planning on picking a store, waiting in while also selling stuff from a truck in the parting lot? or are you just planning on going around in a truck selling stuff?

Here is a cool idea, Get those cans of hot chocolate/coffee that are self heating. You can just sit in line with a box of them and a sign. Or if you want to drive around and sell them, just drive down the lines at all the stores holding one out the window and yell "Hot Chocolate" or "Hot Coffee". People that want one will jump out of line and run up the get one.

Never heard of self-heating but that sounds awesome. I could even car it and pick a parking lot island with a table ....haha

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:14 pm

http://store.ontech.com/
here is a link to one of the brands( i did a google search) I'm not really sure what brands are best/cheapest as I have only seen one of them in person. It does work pretty good the cub gets around 145 degrease. You press in the bottom of the can and then let it sit for a minute while it heats up, then you open the top and drink it.

I did see them at target once, not sure what local retail stores sell them but let me know if anyone knows. I may just pick some up for myself.

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:38 pm

NJ__Jon wrote:
The Zach101 wrote:I think it depends on the place your doing it at and the store.

So a huge empty space in a wal-mart parking lot, WOULD NOT WORK? :wink: Yes I know I know - Liability SilLiability

Yeah well the Parking lot is owned by Wal*Mart so they may not appreciate u selling stuff then again they may not care u might want to ask them first so the cops dont show up lol.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:41 pm

If you ask ahead of time I dont think any of the stores would have a problem. They want BF shoppers to be as happy as possable and avoid as much commotion as possable. The bestbuy near me even tells us that they have free donuts and coffee for us on the way( 1-2 hours before opening) however every year we never seem to get the coffee and donuts that were promised.

Target gave us popcorn and bottled water, lol

NJ__Jon
Black Friday Pro

Postby NJ__Jon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:42 pm

MikesTooLz wrote:If you ask ahead of time I dont think any of the stores would have a problem. They want BF shoppers to be as happy as possable and avoid as much commotion as possable. The bestbuy near me even tells us that they have free donuts and coffee for us on the way( 1-2 hours before opening) however every year we never seem to get the coffee and donuts that were promised.

Target gave us popcorn and bottled water, lol

NOW THATS SHOWING SOME LOVE. haha. Thanks for the replys!

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:12 pm

few years ago our Toys "R" us gave us oragne juice and donuts

DotCom
Black Friday Pro

Postby DotCom » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Most people bring their own. Plus, others often make coffee/chocolate runs to near by gas stations. If you estimate the cost by the probable amount you'd sell, it more than likely wouldn't be worth the late night.

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:52 pm

*Dont mean to Post so many posts on this one topic but I have something else to say lol*

Couple years ago we were in line and me and my mom left to go get coffie and donuts for everyone and they kept our place in line lol. You may just want to sit in line and ske people of they want some coffie and go fetch some lol

NJ__Jon
Black Friday Pro

Postby NJ__Jon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:22 pm

The Zach101 wrote:*Dont mean to Post so many posts on this one topic but I have something else to say lol*

Couple years ago we were in line and me and my mom left to go get coffie and donuts for everyone and they kept our place in line lol. You may just want to sit in line and ske people of they want some coffie and go fetch some lol

I was thinking about that.....the one night me and my friend split and hit up another store.....

Return to “Off Topic”