Did you ever get "the last one"?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

tys55
Black Friday Newbie

Postby tys55 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Last yeat at BB I thought I was too late but... Went back toward the end of the early time and found a "Manager" returning a TV to the shelf- that some persons did not buy- the register. Got it at the sale price. Good gift for my wife- what I had realy wanted from all of the BF shopping.

wolvesgod
Black Friday Pro

Postby wolvesgod » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:27 am

Last year at staples I waited in line for a GPS and decided to get my sister a digital camera since she wanted one so bad. They had a really nice Sony one. I was third in line and got it. The guy behind me wanted one too, the bad news was they only had the one camera.

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am

With the ticket system at Staples, i got the last ticket for the cheap laptop last year :D

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:08 pm

One year I went to Office max and was the first one there, got there 1 hour before they open to get a color laser printer. People started to show up 15 - 20 minutes before opening.

Somehow I went from being first in line when they opened the doors to the last person to get one of the printers. They didnt have a ticket system.
Last edited by MikesTooLz on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

gseclipse11
Black Friday Pro

Postby gseclipse11 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:29 pm

the 2nd time I went for a laptop I was the last to get a voucher

danimustng
Black Friday Pro

Postby danimustng » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:42 am

Not 100% I was the "last" one but BF2007 online @ BB They had the sale at mid-nite for the HP laptop for 400 something. I bought it then checked right after and it was sold out.

Jaric
Black Friday Pro

Postby Jaric » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:37 pm

The closest I've come was when the Xbox 360s first came out, I remember it was around Christmas time. I happened to be in Wal-Mart and heard someone come over the PA system and announce that they had one 360 left in the electronics department. Apparently though I was the only one who heard or realized what they said because I was able to pick it up. I ended up turning around and selling it for about $800 on ebay.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:40 pm

Yes, some years ago during BF - was standing in line at a toy store buying the Gamecube - Walmart had it for 50 dollars less than everyone but the store did a price match as long as Walmart had it in stock.

Literally, I was right in front of the Manager at the register when the guy over the walkie talkie said: "Walmart is out of Gamecubes, discontinue the pricematch" - I looked at him with a shocking look and he smiled and said to me: "You are the last one!"

windowcleaner
Black Friday Amateur

Postby windowcleaner » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Got the last SonyVaio last year,and the people behind me were pissed after standing there all night. This year i wont have to worrycause I am first in line.

bluegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby bluegirl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:27 pm

BF 2002 got the last Emachine computer at BB. This was my first year of BF shopping and we arrived about 30 minutes before opening. As the doors opened and we were all walking inside my mom heard the BB employee mention something about a ticket. I kept walking into the store but she stopped and asked what he was talking about. He asked her what she wanted and she told him the computer. He said here's the last ticket! I'm standing inside the store mad at my mother for holding me up when she comes in the store saying I got it, I got it!!

segaslave
Black Friday Pro

Postby segaslave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Last year I got the last HDdvd player at sears. I ordered a bunch of stuff online with in store pickup but couldnt do the HDdvd player online. I waded into the crowd to look for a player, none on the floor so I asked someone. He went and found me one, later I found out there was a long line of people waiting for them at a certain register and I got the last one... :twisted:

Return to “Off Topic”