Toys for the kids
10%
Other
13%

Total votes: 39

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:29 am

I'm not really looking for anything in particular. Next year I'll be looking for a bigger LCD TV as I'll have my own place. Right now the current one I have will suffice in my bedroom with the parents. I may look for good deals on a PS3 or 360 as I've had my Wii for a while and looking for something else. I'm mainly interested in a combo deal like they did with the 360 last year. Oh yeah, possibly a laser printer.

I know, I'm such a geek, but I have a $100 gift card to Circuit City with nothing really needed to purchase. I've had the card since June, but figured I would wait until November to use it when I could buy things much cheaper seeing as I didn't really need anything.

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:52 pm

I had to think about this for a few days but for this year it looks like IM going to be looking for a cheap cheap laptop just for internet browsing and IMing becuase the laptop I bought 2 years ago on BF seems to be falling apart. On top of that I think I willl be looking for some things to go with my new Laptop as well as a LCD Monitor (22")

cambo357
Black Friday Pro

Postby cambo357 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:07 pm

I just thought of another item I would really like to find.

a car stereo with CD, built in HD tuner, and iPod control. full control, not just an aux input. bluetooth would be nice, but is not a deal breaker. a decent one for $100-120 would be in my price range.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:51 am

Well it was chilly enough this morning that I needed my leather jacket and I'm trying to decide if I need a new one. So I'm hoping that JC Penny does the leather jacket sale again this year.

lots of friends with kids this year for Christmas, so I'm looking for some great deals on baby toys.

and clothes, shoes, and jewellery are always on the list.
DVD's

Oh If Target has the 1000 thread count sheets again on sale that would be awesome!!! I'd get a couple of sets.

I really hope someone has Webkinz on sale. Did anyone find Webkinz last year cheap?

I'm sure my list will get longer. :D

I noticed everyone was putting lap tops on their list. What do they normally go for on BF?

Adding to my list. I'm hoping somewhere has that bounce and learn pony on sale. I'd really like to get one for my girlfriend's little one. (unless my gf ends up coming with me, then I dunno). and one of the girls I work with is ALWAYS loking for Star Wars lego (that stuff is expensive), so I hope some of the ads have those too.
Oh and I want Monopoly Here and now, so that too. hmmm not sure if my $300 I have is gonna cover my wish list. And it's only Oct. :roll:
Last edited by BFPrincess on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mmalone618
Black Friday Newbie

Wii advice

Postby mmalone618 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:54 am

For all you wii chasers....
I waited at Toys R us last year weeks before x-mas. I did not get one there so I went and waited at circuit city(they open later), I got one there. Unfortunately mine was stolen this year and my kids were devastated. Here is how I got a new one.
I opened an email from walmart (who has the cheapest price by pennies) and they said it was in stock. So I ordered it to be shipped to my house and I had it in less than a week. ****Timing is everything with the wii. *****
Oh as far as it being on sale on BF you can forget it. Pay the normal 249.99 because no one will run a BF sale on it. Stores dont have to...it flys off the shelf at the normal price. Good luck to all that are searching for it. It was even worth waiting in line for at 3:00 in the morning in snow.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:15 am

We have a decent list this year am hoping things straighten out a bit before BF.

for Santa's list
Wii , fit, rock band and Mario Kart
19-22 in flat panel for hubby's work trailer

finances permitting a 32-37 in LCD for house
laptop for hubby

small door buster items

if all that works out will repair my old dell and hubbys old hp for kids

steff

Kento87
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kento87 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:39 am

My list is................ I have no idea at all for this year. I just bought a house so all my funds are shot for this year. Maybe so specialty items for my H-D but other then that, I am not needing anything at all. This SUCKS!! Im off on Tday and Friday after and nothing to buy!!!! OMG!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

gseclipse11
Black Friday Pro

Postby gseclipse11 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:00 am

I'm not in desperate need of anything this year but I'd be interested in:

Camcorder
Flat Screen Monitor
Maybe a Flatscreen TV for the bedroom
Maybe a few cheap Hard Drives or other computer equipment
DVD seasons
Blu-Ray player
Surround Sound

MammaTina
Black Friday Pro

my list

Postby MammaTina » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:32 pm

with 4 kids in the house ages from 4 to 12 I am looking for: toys. clothes,& legos!

of course the man of the house always wants some sort of a tool or " thing" of some sort for his shop area. Last year I picked him up an air compressor from Menards! He still loves it! ( maybe he will just get clothes this year!)

My Mom would like some new bath towels...so I am hoping that JCPenny or khols does something there.

I never have any ideas for my Dad....It has become a joke since I was little for me to get him socks and underwear. But I always like to get him something more (and better).

as for his family....we have to wait for the lists, or they wont like what we got them!

for myself.....I am the worst to shop for! I always want things like spa days or new bras...things that are really hard to shop for or nearly impossible to pick up on a "good sale". So I usually ask for gift cards....easy to shop for , but no deals.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:24 pm

I need a washer and dryer and some home furnishings (couch, bedroom set). What do you all think about great deals on BF for those? Is it a possibility?

MammaTina
Black Friday Pro

Postby MammaTina » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 pm

Home furnishing maybe.......washer and dryer, I dont think I have ever seen those in a door buster! Good luck

NeoJew
Black Friday Pro

Postby NeoJew » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:16 pm

LCD HD TV for my room hopefully 32"
Random DVDs/Blu-Ray
Digital Camera, although I'm hoping to get someone else to buy it for me :P
Computer hardware, friend just put together a HTPC so maybe something for him on Christmas and stuff for myself too
Some clothes if I can get good deals online, hate buying clothes in store

jovilover
Black Friday Pro

Postby jovilover » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:22 pm

I just hope to have the money to do ANY kind of Black Friday shopping! LOL
We don't have credit cards any more....so we shall see what we can do.
I think in January I am gonna start a christmas fund....it sux when you have to scrounge for money! LOL

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 pm

I really want a new GPS unit

jgm8
Black Friday Pro

What is on Your list - ??

Postby jgm8 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:03 pm

I am having some problems with that - I have a daughter that just turned 11. The last two years were bad enough. When she was nine, she asked for books. Not many BF sales on books. She read all 30 books within six or seven months! Last year was a laptop, great deal on a Dell. Now what? She can't think of anything! It was so much easier when you could get toys. Anyone have any ideas?

I am hoping for :roll: - Same problem.

I would like some things for the house, but usually not a BF thing.

Last year we got a 67" DLP HDTV, Blu Ray Player and Home Theater Surround. Maybe that theater seating. :o

Return to “Off Topic”