Are you ready??

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

mommyof4kids
Black Friday Pro

Are you ready??

Postby mommyof4kids » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:55 am

Hey gals and pals! Anybody out there ready to go? I'm a little scared this year. I have always managed to save a good chunk of change for the big shopping day by this time but this year I have zilch!! Is it just me or anyone else in the same predicament? Darn the gas prices!!! It's taken my play $ away!!!! :cry: :cry: Hopefully there are some great bargains out there this year. I might have to ride my bike for a while in order to save some pennies. Any other suggestions??? :)

once-a-year-shopper
Black Friday Amateur

Ride the bus to work!

Postby once-a-year-shopper » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:33 am

I've been riding the bus to work and it saves me a ton of money. I'm ready!

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:29 am

I am SOOOO ready!! Its still three months way, so I hope I don't wear myself out by then talkign about it (doubt it :D) I've been trying to save up but its hard with school starting soon!

But last year, for some extra $, I save up my rewards for my credit card and redeemed them for gift cards for BF. I think I ended up getting 2 $50 cards, one for Target and one for BB, and a $25 for Target.
Usually its pretty cheap/free for you through some banks. You should check into it, you may even be able to get enough points b/f BF!

tobinsky
Black Friday Pro

AmEx

Postby tobinsky » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:11 am

I'm also ready! I can't wait already. :o . I've never even really thought about BF in August until this year. And, "Mommyof4Kids", American Express has a card that will give you 5% cash back on Gas, groceries, and drugstore, and 1% on everything else. And on their website you can calculate how much you would have by BF. But, you have to spend $6500 at .5% to 1% cash back first. But, it still seems like one of the best cards out there. If you travel a lot, Expedia has a good card. Or, if you shop at Best Buy a lot, their MasterCard is good, too.

mommyofanangelbaby
Black Friday Pro

Postby mommyofanangelbaby » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:26 pm

OMG...well, I finally figured out how to get on here...lol but anywho, IM READY, IM READY!!! Ive been waiting patientlysince the beginning of August for the sites to update. My friend and I have been talking about it since then. Cant wait fo rmore ads to start coming out.

lucas204
Black Friday Newbie

Postby lucas204 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:50 pm

NOOOOOO! I love black friday but the cost of living is INSANE. And im 15 i dont have a job. All i want this year is a nikon d40. As for camping supplies, i got my lawn chairs and a new lantern. Lets rock.

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Happy!

Postby hays4cat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:12 pm

I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been checking the site forever!!!! Sorry to tell y'all but I have managed to save a chunk and can't wait for Black Friday....and the after Christmas sales........

August 15 was an awesome day!!!!! Found out I passed my certification exam, it was Happy Hippo Day and the first Black Friday ad posted!!!!! it's a sign!!!
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

3boys
Black Friday Newbie

Postby 3boys » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:23 am

Hi.. I am new to the site but an old hat at BF... I have been shopping BF since I was a little girl with my mom... I was a lurker last year on the posts but wanted to get in on the fun this year!!!!
I am so glad to see I am not the only one who looks forward to shopping on BF... I mean seriously its August and I am soo ready for great deals and crazy people :twisted: bring it on!!

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:13 am

I am ready. I want a new LCD TV. :)
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:46 am

g-man430 wrote:I am ready. I want a new LCD TV. :)

I'm going to go for another GPS and computer this year.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

tessa59
Black Friday Pro

Postby tessa59 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:05 pm

I started thinking about it in July this year - what is UP with that? DD and I are already planning the day. It has been a tradition for us for 9 years now - since she was 15 and convinced me to get up at the ungodly hour to shop. It has become a part of our Christmas tradition. Love it!

Started making my spreadsheets..... this is a late Turkey Day this year, couple that with the economy and the election year and I am predicting retailers pulling out all stops to kick the season into gear.

Start saving you pennies!

T

3boys
Black Friday Newbie

Postby 3boys » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:57 am

I agree about the late Thanksgiving and the economy. Let's just hope we can reap the benefits...
my Wish list:
Dig camera
small LCD tv(hopefullt I can get 2)
super deal on a vacuum
new gaming system for my five year old son.... any suggestions on what to start him with would be helpful?!?
cheap board games

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Almost time to bookmark this URL again. Even though the temps are high I'm high on BF.

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:35 pm

Although I'm massively excited (I loooooooove bf and this site adds so much to the experince), I am slightly bummed b/c I don't know of a doorbuster I need. We already have 3 laptops and a desktop computer and there are only 2 of us! I hope the sales are sooooo good I see things I don't yet know I need! :D :D :D
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

hoopla
Black Friday Pro

Postby hoopla » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:37 pm

I am ready.
BF2008 directory created to store ADscans locally for stores where I plan to go.
A book mark category created.
A large black white map printed. I will mark stores to visit and their times.
A text file created to write down the things to buy from each store.
And yes ... cleared my cup holder to hold the bear can

Return to “Off Topic”