BFAds Black Friday 2019 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jynxy87
Black Friday Pro

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2019 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby jynxy87 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:43 pm

I know what LED pants are (I'm good at using a search engine :) ). I was confused because points had been given for "homemade" options. I think only one post had actual LED pants (the one with the little boy...and even those might have been glo stick necklaces lol). It looks like points have been given to any homemade options at this point so.... I guess it is what it is.
Gotcha! I misunderstood the question.
Honestly I haven't had the ability to look too closely at each item, mainly the ones marked in red, and to check if anyone has had questions. I can go back and take a look to see.

It was a tough search this year, and the items weren't too clear. I'll see if I can get better items for next year's. If I couldn't get a description out of the co-worker who submitted it, I kinda just had to wing it this year with lwmjr. Props to lwmjr for being ontop of everything, such a rockstar! 8)
Yes, definate thanks to lwmjr and you for doing this each year!!!
A huge thank you to everyone involved in this. It is always so much fun whether I am actually participating or just following along with everyone.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:53 pm

For #43 the neon sign mine has a red box on the tally spreadsheet, but it is the same sign that another person had posted on page 2.
yep, seems you are right about that.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:02 pm

If you can't tell by the paint splattered on my nose in my final pic, I have had a very busy week moving and painting :lol: Excited to get my free t-shirt and congrats to all the winners!!! Also props to Hazel and lw for keeping track of things! Looking forward to next year already :mrgreen:
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

twinkie023
Black Friday Pro

Postby twinkie023 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:12 pm

If you can't tell by the paint splattered on my nose in my final pic, I have had a very busy week moving and painting :lol: Excited to get my free t-shirt and congrats to all the winners!!! Also props to Hazel and lw for keeping track of things! Looking forward to next year already :mrgreen:
Same here! I always have a blast doing this with my family and seeing everyone's creativity in their interpretations of the different items. One of my favorites is still "6 rocks stacked on top of each other" and someone stacked 6 Dwayne Johnson figures!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Not to mention the fact that I still can't pass a Tesla, phone booth or a wood paneled station wagon without the slight urge to snap a pic with it :lol:

Thanks again to everyone who helps put this on each year, it is a highlight to our fall! Congrats to all of the winners!! Great job!!!

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:30 am

I know what LED pants are (I'm good at using a search engine :) ). I was confused because points had been given for "homemade" options. I think only one post had actual LED pants (the one with the little boy...and even those might have been glo stick necklaces lol). It looks like points have been given to any homemade options at this point so.... I guess it is what it is.
Gotcha! I misunderstood the question.
Honestly I haven't had the ability to look too closely at each item, mainly the ones marked in red, and to check if anyone has had questions. I can go back and take a look to see.

It was a tough search this year, and the items weren't too clear. I'll see if I can get better items for next year's. If I couldn't get a description out of the co-worker who submitted it, I kinda just had to wing it this year with lwmjr. Props to lwmjr for being ontop of everything, such a rockstar! 8)
Oh, it's fine. I know you guys are probably busy with all kinds of this and that. There's always different ways certain items can be taken (like that one year with the "Stack of rocks" and the one guy used a stack of some wrestling guy named Rock or whatever). Just think similar items should be accepted equally.

Thanks for this hunt year after year, it's a blast!, and thanks to all who have to painstakingly go through photo-by-photo and line-by-line of that spreadsheet. :)

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 am

Same here! I always have a blast doing this with my family and seeing everyone's creativity in their interpretations of the different items. One of my favorites is still "6 rocks stacked on top of each other" and someone stacked 6 Dwayne Johnson figures!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Not to mention the fact that I still can't pass a Tesla, phone booth or a wood paneled station wagon without the slight urge to snap a pic with it :lol:

Thanks again to everyone who helps put this on each year, it is a highlight to our fall! Congrats to all of the winners!! Great job!!!
LOL Funny you mentioned the rocks, because that came to mind for me too and was put in my post.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 am

Yup, same here! Between work and my silly car breaking every five minutes, I didn't even get to 50 this year. But I still have a chance at a golden shirt, so all is good!

Looking forward to next year when I'll hopefully have a functioning car and to see what crazy things the staff come up with. Thanks to Hazel and lwmjr for being on top of everything and running the hunt this year! And congrats in advance to all of the winners! I really enjoyed seeing all of your pics!

HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:14 am

Congrats to this years winners, and also amazing job you scavenger hunt rockstars!

You guys are all awesome, and I'm looking forward to next year with you all! Thank you again lwmjr for being awesome and keeping up with the point tally!

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Thanks again for putting on the hunt! To all the organizers and hunters - thanks, we had so much fun. :)

And jmbohler... you beat us by a few hours! Last year it was only a few days. So close! But hey, 2nd is great. We'll see what next year brings.

jmbohler2
Black Friday Pro

Postby jmbohler2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Thanks again for putting on the hunt! To all the organizers and hunters - thanks, we had so much fun. :)

And jmbohler... you beat us by a few hours! Last year it was only a few days. So close! But hey, 2nd is great. We'll see what next year brings.
Congrats to you!! :) I saw the remaining items and KNEW I had to find them as quickly as possible! :) Can't wait to see what next year brings :)

HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Just as a heads up, I was given the go-ahead to draw 3 names instead of just 1 for the golden tshirt raffle this year. Once the order for all the golden shirts makes it in, 3 of you are gonna get a surprise! 8)

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Congrats to all!

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Just as a heads up, I was given the go-ahead to draw 3 names instead of just 1 for the golden tshirt raffle this year. Once the order for all the golden shirts makes it in, 3 of you are gonna get a surprise! 8)
Fingers crossed!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:46 am

:shock: Omgoodness I’m so excited!!! Thanks for all you guys do for us :mrgreen:
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Sweet! Good luck to all in this!

Return to “Off Topic”