BFAds Black Friday 2019 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2019 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:32 pm

Missing my extra point for #1. Page 4 3rd picture

Thanks
found it
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:32 pm

Updated, check the spreadsheet.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Can you just not tell if the lights are LED or what's the deal?

Are jmbohler's actual LED pants? Just curious as to what you're looking for.

Thanks.
Good question, As far as I can tell, it is clothing with led lights, (which should be battery or solar power) Not sure if this really answers your question

As always hazelnusskaffee has the final word
Pants that have led strip or string lights in them, similar to these items:
https://www.amazon.com/Baseball-Jacket- ... B07YZFHRBK; https://www.amazon.com/Hsctek-Light-Fig ... B07T2WXF5X; https://www.amazon.com/beroy-Runing-Wor ... B07HVS5RMP

Basically, not lights taped or wrapped around random pants, but actual pants made to light up.

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Can you just not tell if the lights are LED or what's the deal?

Are jmbohler's actual LED pants? Just curious as to what you're looking for.

Thanks.
Good question, As far as I can tell, it is clothing with led lights, (which should be battery or solar power) Not sure if this really answers your question

As always hazelnusskaffee has the final word
Pants that have led strip or string lights in them, similar to these items:
https://www.amazon.com/Baseball-Jacket- ... B07YZFHRBK; https://www.amazon.com/Hsctek-Light-Fig ... B07T2WXF5X; https://www.amazon.com/beroy-Runing-Wor ... B07HVS5RMP

Basically, not lights taped or wrapped around random pants, but actual pants made to light up.
I know what LED pants are (I'm good at using a search engine :) ). I was confused because points had been given for "homemade" options. I think only one post had actual LED pants (the one with the little boy...and even those might have been glo stick necklaces lol). It looks like points have been given to any homemade options at this point so.... I guess it is what it is.

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:21 pm

I'll be honest that we totally lucked out and happened to know a family whose kid chose to be a stickman for Halloween. I had never heard about it, but apparently it's a 'thing' with the kids. Yes, my age is showing. :) Otherwise, we would not have found LED pants at all!

https://glowyzoey.com/collections/led-s ... e-costumes

Regardless of how this is ruled, we had fun - and this has become one of our favorite family traditions. Thanks to everyone (hunters and organizers alike) for keeping it alive!

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:41 pm

I am missing point for book printed before 1950, which is on page 4. The point was there before but magically disappeared... :lol:

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm

I'll be honest that we totally lucked out and happened to know a family whose kid chose to be a stickman for Halloween. I had never heard about it, but apparently it's a 'thing' with the kids. Yes, my age is showing. :) Otherwise, we would not have found LED pants at all!

https://glowyzoey.com/collections/led-s ... e-costumes

Regardless of how this is ruled, we had fun - and this has become one of our favorite family traditions. Thanks to everyone (hunters and organizers alike) for keeping it alive!
Those costumes are awesome!!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:03 pm

Ah, just my luck... My car gets fixed (finally!) and then it's never-ending work since then. I have a small break tomorrow, so I *may* try to get a few more in before the cutoff.

I actually just came here to say that clubing's funny street sign had me rolling! We need one of those in my town! :lol: :lol: :lol:

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Ah, just my luck... My car gets fixed (finally!) and then it's never-ending work since then. I have a small break tomorrow, so I *may* try to get a few more in before the cutoff.

I actually just came here to say that clubing's funny street sign had me rolling! We need one of those in my town! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right, I knew the street existed but had never been there to look at sign. Apparently Harry Baals was the Mayor in the early 1900. However I don't think I could take someone serious with that name...lol!!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:24 am

updated

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:23 pm

I wussed out and didn't ask my friend for a picture with his blue hair. :|

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:37 pm

I wussed out and didn't ask my friend for a picture with his blue hair. :|
There's a woman at work with her hair dyed like a rainbow. I think I counted 5 unnatural colors (including blue). I would wuss out too though (if I were playing). But I don't want a t-shirt and I would never have a chance at the top prize so I don't bother. :)

HazelnussKaffee
Black Friday Pro

Postby HazelnussKaffee » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:41 am

I know what LED pants are (I'm good at using a search engine :) ). I was confused because points had been given for "homemade" options. I think only one post had actual LED pants (the one with the little boy...and even those might have been glo stick necklaces lol). It looks like points have been given to any homemade options at this point so.... I guess it is what it is.
Gotcha! I misunderstood the question.
Honestly I haven't had the ability to look too closely at each item, mainly the ones marked in red, and to check if anyone has had questions. I can go back and take a look to see.

It was a tough search this year, and the items weren't too clear. I'll see if I can get better items for next year's. If I couldn't get a description out of the co-worker who submitted it, I kinda just had to wing it this year with lwmjr. Props to lwmjr for being ontop of everything, such a rockstar! 8)

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Gotcha! I misunderstood the question.
Honestly I haven't had the ability to look too closely at each item, mainly the ones marked in red, and to check if anyone has had questions. I can go back and take a look to see.

It was a tough search this year, and the items weren't too clear. I'll see if I can get better items for next year's. If I couldn't get a description out of the co-worker who submitted it, I kinda just had to wing it this year with lwmjr. Props to lwmjr for being ontop of everything, such a rockstar! 8)
Yes, definate thanks to lwmjr and you for doing this each year!!!

jynxy87
Black Friday Pro

Postby jynxy87 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:41 pm

For #43 the neon sign mine has a red box on the tally spreadsheet, but it is the same sign that another person had posted on page 2.

Return to “Off Topic”