Forum Issues

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Forum Issues

Postby SavannahSparkles » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Is anyone else experiencing forum issues? These are the problems I've been encountering for the last little while and I'm wondering if it's just me..

For about a month, some of the emojis have just been blank boxes:

If I click the blank box, the coding still appears in my subject box, but once it's posted, it still shows a blank box:

Also, when quoting someone in a reply, their name no longer appears so you have no idea who is being quoted:

This is a picture of past quotes, where names still appear and you know who is being quoted:

The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Re: Forum Issues

Postby Irishmaire » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Is anyone else experiencing forum issues? These are the problems I've been encountering for the last little while and I'm wondering if it's just me..

For about a month, some of the emojis have just been blank boxes:

If I click the blank box, the coding still appears in my subject box, but once it's posted, it still shows a blank box:

Also, when quoting someone in a reply, their name no longer appears so you have no idea who is being quoted:

This is a picture of past quotes, where names still appear and you know who is being quoted:

Yes, I've had the same thing. I thought it was my computer. I see :D for the grinning face and :wink: for the winking face. In other posts, it doesn't show who is being quoted.

Now with your post, I'm quoting you. It shows that I'm quoting you in the reply box. Let's see if your name shows up when I hit the submit button.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:18 pm

I see some broken image icons next to the characters that would be typed (for example colon parentheses)

Also, I noticed a couple forums (hot deals and retail stores) say I don't have permissions to view them. Maybe that's on purpose but it's kind of annoying when it shows I have an unread and then won't let me read it...

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Also, I noticed a couple forums (hot deals and retail stores) say I don't have permissions to view them. Maybe that's on purpose but it's kind of annoying when it shows I have an unread and then won't let me read it...
I was just coming here to report this. I'm glad (maybe?) to know that I am not the only one that is experiencing this issue.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:30 am

I see some broken image icons next to the characters that would be typed (for example colon parentheses)

Starting with this issue first....

Can you both view those forums now?
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:37 am

Starting with this issue first....

Can you both view those forums now?
I can view both of those forums now - thanks :). I went through the whole list and Rants&Raves appears to be locked too.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:24 am

The boxes should be gone now and you should be able to use the smiling emoji's. Let me know if you still have problems.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:47 pm

The boxes should be gone now and you should be able to use the smiling emoji's. Let me know if you still have problems.
The boxes are gone and I can see all the emojis now, thanks!

But I still can't see who is being quoted. Makes it hard to know who someone is replying to.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:56 am

The boxes are gone and I can see all the emojis now, thanks!

But I still can't see who is being quoted. Makes it hard to know who someone is replying to.
The theme that BFAds is running is not validated for this version of phpBB so it's not going to work, unfortunately until they switch themes.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:02 am

I had noticed the same restrictions yesterday. Seems ok today. Is anyone going to fix the nonexistent moderators listed for each section and list the ones who actually participate here?

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:40 am

Everything works for me now. Or at least, everything I am aware of.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:58 pm

I am unable to use the Spam button to report, every time I click it I am brought to an error page.

Return to “Off Topic”