Tablet for toddlers

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Tablet for toddlers

Postby Sparkle2217 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi All,

After debating with myself for weeks :shock: :lol: I have finally decided to get my 2yr old a kid friendly tablet. I am looking at one that has educational content, games, and videos you can play and watch offline so he can stay busy while at church or when I am grocery shopping etc.

I looked at the $29 fire tablet but a good portion of reviews said you need an internet connection and if you don't have one it's pointless when your out and about.

Any suggestions?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Tablet for toddlers

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:42 pm

I'd go with the Fire tablet. First and foremost their warranty is unconditional. With a toddler, that's worth its weight in gold right there. It comes with a 2yr no questions asked warranty.

You can download games on it and play it when you're away from an Internet connection. You don't have to be connected to play most of the content on the device, just download content.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:38 pm

teknoge3k wrote:I'd go with the Fire tablet. First and foremost their warranty is unconditional. With a toddler, that's worth its weight in gold right there. It comes with a 2yr no questions asked warranty.

You can download games on it and play it when you're away from an Internet connection. You don't have to be connected to play most of the content on the device, just download content.

Ditto this. We have a Kids Fire for our almost 3 year old. We've had it about a year and a half and we love it. The included case is exceptional so no matter how rough he handles it, or even when he drops it on accident, the device does not get damaged. Although the warranty is awesome, and one of the reasons we decided to purchase a Kids Fire, we have not had to use it!

We purchased the FreeTime subscription after our trial ran out and it's been worth it. We can either connect to the wifi at home and let him browse books, apps, and videos that I've set for his age range or download content to the Fire and when we disconnect from wifi he can still read/watch/play those items. I think as he gets older we may just download certain items we want him to access and limit his browsing through wifi. There is a pin code you have to enter to turn the wifi on and off so it should be a while before he learns to hack it :lol:

He doesn't get a lot of screen time so it has been a great resource when we decide to go out to eat or on long car trips. Also, I have a user profile set up on the Fire for myself so when he's not using it, I can - just like any other adult version!

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:48 am

Tacs wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:I'd go with the Fire tablet. First and foremost their warranty is unconditional. With a toddler, that's worth its weight in gold right there. It comes with a 2yr no questions asked warranty.

Ditto this. We have a Kids Fire for our almost 3 year old. We've had it about a year and a half and we love it. The included case is exceptional so no matter how rough he handles it, or even when he drops it on accident, the device does not get damaged. Although the warranty is awesome, and one of the reasons we decided to purchase a Kids Fire, we have not had to use it!

We purchased the FreeTime subscription after our trial ran out and it's been worth it. We can either connect to the wifi at home and let him browse books, apps, and videos that I've set for his age range or download content to the Fire and when we disconnect from wifi he can still read/watch/play those items. I think as he gets older we may just download certain items we want him to access and limit his browsing through wifi. There is a pin code you have to enter to turn the wifi on and off so it should be a while before he learns to hack it :lol:

He doesn't get a lot of screen time so it has been a great resource when we decide to go out to eat or on long car trips. Also, I have a user profile set up on the Fire for myself so when he's not using it, I can - just like any other adult version!

Have you had trouble with it freezing or it taking too long to load?

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Sparkle2217 wrote:
Tacs wrote:

Have you had trouble with it freezing or it taking too long to load?

Nope, not really. There are times after we sign in it will load the homepage but won't play anything so we've had to restart it. But then it works just fine. My toddler is not very patient and it's fast enough for him! Side note: We never turn it off - just sleeps unless we have to reboot it so that issue may be our fault.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Interesting okay thanks Tacs!!

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Ok I gave in and order the fire 7 tablet for kids. It's on back order but it will be here before Christmas

Return to “Off Topic”