How much do you spend on black friday?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

How much do you spend on black friday?

Postby wwefk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:58 am

Admittedly it's none of my business, I'm just curious what everyone budgets for black friday. Do you save up in preparation or slide the card and worry later? Do you spend less now than in years past? What's the most you've spent on black friday? Do you remember your best score? DISCUSS!
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)
Wrapping up packages and writing out cards
(Office work, out of sight!)

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

Re: How much do you spend on black friday?

Postby wwefk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:03 am

For me, I try to work as many hours I can so the "black friday check" aforts me shopping money. It didn't work out that way this year. Last year I spent over $300 on black friday, but had to return around $100 in clothes for the kid that the wife didn't like. My fav score was last year's crockpot brand version of a instipot for $50. I haven't seen it at that price since! :shock:
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:22 am

wwefk wrote:but had to return around $100 in clothes for the kid that the wife didn't like.

Do you mean your wife's least favorite child or was it the clothes that she didn't like?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:40 am

Since our Christmas shopping is always complete before October, our Black Friday shopping list is always us just going out buying things we want. I think last year we spent around $4,000 but hopefully won't spend that much this year. We are about to take 2 cruises so we need to get them paid off rather than buying a bunch of junk. Hopefully this year will only be around $1,000-$1,500. That's the goal at least.

The best item, hmmm... The item that I think I USE the most would be the Arlo cameras I bought from Walmart last year. Aside from that, probably a $75 keyboard I bought from Staples years ago. That thing lasted forever. I think I kept it 12 years or so before finally replacing it. When I replaced it, it still worked, I just wanted something new.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:13 pm

I'd say somewhere between $200 and $300 has been spent in the past. We set a budget in September and stick to it. As the children get older, they don't want as many things so we are doing less shopping.

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm generally done holiday shopping by October/November so I just try to grab the freebies from the drugstores. There's a few things that caught my eye at Menards this year so I may try to grab a few after work!

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:38 pm

My budget is always around $200.. So every year I spend probably around $1500... except last year, I went all out and purchased parts for a new computer in addition to my normal spending.. think my final tally was about $4500. I am very bad with Black Friday.. I just want to buy, buy, buy.

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

Postby wwefk » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:30 am

jeanerz13 wrote:
wwefk wrote:but had to return around $100 in clothes for the kid that the wife didn't like.

Do you mean your wife's least favorite child or was it the clothes that she didn't like?

She didn't like the clothes, your thinking of the kid my wife DOSEN'T like. :wink:
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:00 pm

I only budget ~$500-600 for BF, some years I go over (way over, oops) but the last couple years the sales have been really lame and I walk away only spending a max of $100. Best score was probably the 500pc Craftsman mechanic set I bought the kid a year or two ago, ~$80 well spent on tools that will last her a life time.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:16 pm

I think I average $400-$500 because I suck at budgeting and real bad with impulse buying. This year everything I want is near or over $100 so that hurts a bit!
All I can say is thank god Younkers is closed.

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 pm

We usually spend between $500 -$1000. Since my husband passed away a few months ago, we were Black Friday aholics and both loved it and even camped out years ago at Best Buy. I am actually not going to any stores this year and only buying on line. I think I have only spent about $250 so far. I do need new tires for the car and might get the BF sale at Walmart for those if I go out.

I can't think of the best deal because every year we would find a deal or two that were very good. Maybe it was the early years when we camped out for a computer. This year the news showed the Best Buy at noon for a 5PM opening and no one was there yet. Unheard of for Best Buy around here.

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:45 pm

mabrey wrote:We usually spend between $500 -$1000. Since my husband passed away a few months ago, we were Black Friday aholics and both loved it and even camped out years ago at Best Buy. I am actually not going to any stores this year and only buying on line.

I'm sorry to hear that your husband passed away this year. Today must be bittersweet.

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Irishmaire wrote:
mabrey wrote:We usually spend between $500 -$1000. Since my husband passed away a few months ago, we were Black Friday aholics and both loved it and even camped out years ago at Best Buy. I am actually not going to any stores this year and only buying on line.

I'm sorry to hear that your husband passed away this year. Today must be bittersweet.

Thank you Irishmaire. It is very bittersweet as this was our thing. We loved the planning , saving and yes even the waiting.

Rainman693
Black Friday Pro

Postby Rainman693 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:57 am

Too much :oops:

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:07 pm

way too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Off Topic”