Cooling mattress toppers? Help..pls

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

shopmom30
Black Friday Pro

Cooling mattress toppers? Help..pls

Postby shopmom30 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Do you own a cooling mattress topper? Does it bring joy and sweatless nights to your life? Does it hold and cradle you like a new born babe? Do you wake at 3 in the morning and think "Wow, that barking dog is annoying but atleats my back is dry!"?

Then please tell me the secret you hide beneath your sheets! :twisted: Please! I want to jump for joy and yell to the world, "I no longer wake with swampy pj's!"

My husband loves our stupid foam mattress but it hold heat like the core of the earth! So help a gal out and let me know what you know about COOLING mattress toppers. Thanks :D

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Cooling mattress toppers? Help..pls

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 pm

I'm looking for one too and hoping to find one on black friday.
A sort of friend of mine bought a columbia one from Kohls and loved it right away but i haven't heard anything since if she still likes it.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:10 pm

shopmom30 wrote:Do you own a cooling mattress topper? Does it bring joy and sweatless nights to your life? Does it hold and cradle you like a new born babe? Do you wake at 3 in the morning and think "Wow, that barking dog is annoying but atleats my back is dry!"?

Then please tell me the secret you hide beneath your sheets! :twisted: Please! I want to jump for joy and yell to the world, "I no longer wake with swampy pj's!"

My husband loves our stupid foam mattress but it hold heat like the core of the earth! So help a gal out and let me know what you know about COOLING mattress toppers. Thanks :D

We must be lucky, we have AC :mrgreen:
And,
there is a solution to those swampy pj's :wink:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Rainman693
Black Friday Pro

Postby Rainman693 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 am

I have a pillow top mattress, its pretty comfy

shopmom30
Black Friday Pro

Postby shopmom30 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:39 pm

[/quote]
We must be lucky, we have AC :mrgreen:
And, there is a solution to those swampy pj's :wink:[/quote]

What is this AC you speck of? :lol:
I keep my ceiling fan fan running but it's just my back that sweats. Sometimes I wonder if a pillow top would help. Maybe just having a couple inches between the foam and my skin would allow a little air flow.

shopmom30
Black Friday Pro

Postby shopmom30 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Rainman693 wrote:I have a pillow top mattress, its pretty comfy

Do you know how thick it is or which brand?

shopmom30
Black Friday Pro

Postby shopmom30 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:42 pm

bfaddict wrote:I'm looking for one too and hoping to find one on black friday.
A sort of friend of mine bought a columbia one from Kohls and loved it right away but i haven't heard anything since if she still likes it.

hmm....I may have to take a look at kohls and roll the dice lol. Good luck with your hunt.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:42 pm

I've had regular mattresses, foam mattresses and now I have a sleep number and I keep the AC pretty low, have a ceiling fan on AND a table top fan blowing on me and only use a pretty thin comforter to sleep with and I even then some nights I still get pretty warm.
I so badly want a weighted blanket but I think I'll roast. There's a company that has good reviews for a cooling one but it's $$$. So I'm hoping for a decent black friday deal from them.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:48 pm

shopmom30 wrote:Do you own a cooling mattress topper? Does it bring joy and sweatless nights to your life? Does it hold and cradle you like a new born babe? Do you wake at 3 in the morning and think "Wow, that barking dog is annoying but atleats my back is dry!"?

I bought one from Kohls in 2016. It is made from foam but has cooling gel. They have a similar one listed this year on page 22 of their ad for $34.99, and the only difference between it and the one that I bought is that it has 5 "comfort zones" and costs $5 more than what I paid. Here is a picture of the product:

I love ours. It has made our bed so much comfier, and the cooling gel has been awesome because I am a hot sleeper too. Hope this helps!
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

Rainman693
Black Friday Pro

Postby Rainman693 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 pm

shopmom30 wrote:
Rainman693 wrote:I have a pillow top mattress, its pretty comfy

Do you know how thick it is or which brand?

Serta, about 6" thick, we had to buy deep pocket sheets to fit the mattress,

shopmom30
Black Friday Pro

Postby shopmom30 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 am

Serta, about 6" thick, we had to buy deep pocket sheets to fit the mattress,

Thank you!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:16 pm

So I asked my friend(ish) if she still liked her cooling mattress topper and she said she still likes it and while it's not the best solution it still helps.
this is what she bought https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-30445 ... sp?prdPV=2

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:58 pm

We had the egg crate one, and it was ok, but when i worked at Kohls we stacked deals and bought a better one from Serta on clearance. It was like this one, I think it is a 3 inch (its the in between size) https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2168952/serta-3-in-deep-pocket-gel-memory-foam-mattress-topper.jsp?prdPV=2 We've had it a year and really like it. We got it more because our mattress is hard as a rock lol Its held its shape, and it comfy!

Return to “Off Topic”