BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jenmh07
Black Friday Pro

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2018 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby jenmh07 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:32 am

I’m missing points for #43. Reading to 3 plus kids in a library. Page 9 on entry thread. #54. You at a payphone. Also page 9 but separate post from #43.were they just overlooked or was there something wrong with the pictures? Thanks!

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:41 am

Ok, so first I will start with the sombrero..... it's a party hat! It does stay on your head with the string!! 8) and you guys accepted a dog hat. :lol:

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:28 am

lwmjr wrote:
justhangingout528 wrote:I would just like to say that card houses can kiss my buns. Arrrrrgh! :evil:

love your house of cards, not sure if HazelnussKaffee feels the same though

Thanks. Figured it was worth trying by submitting it. But yeah, I get it, it's not fair to those who actually built theirs. I'm going to fight them again later. :)

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:09 pm

justhangingout528 wrote:
lwmjr wrote:
justhangingout528 wrote:I would just like to say that card houses can kiss my buns. Arrrrrgh! :evil:

love your house of cards, not sure if HazelnussKaffee feels the same though

Thanks. Figured it was worth trying by submitting it. But yeah, I get it, it's not fair to those who actually built theirs. I'm going to fight them again later. :)

I feel your pain... I swear I almost lost my salvation taking that pic, especially with my kids running around me. If it helps, I had to combine tips from a few different youtube videos to finally get my house - and just barely. I used a towel to serve as a grip base for the bottom, and then I used a T-shaped base another video recommended, and then I built as big a base as possible so that it would still stand even if a few cards fell... which they inevitably did. The big base also allowed me to make the next stories slightly smaller, which seemed to help. And used cards help. Whoever used their uno cards or phase 10 is genius. I should have thought of that. And to those who built the symmetrical triangle looking ones... I don't even know how they did that... I couldn't get a first row standing, let alone a second story. My house was ugly, but it stood. :)

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

Postby wwefk » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 pm

I just checked the spreadsheet and I didn't get my points for the website being on store displays :?
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)
Wrapping up packages and writing out cards
(Office work, out of sight!)

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:20 pm

wwefk wrote:I just checked the spreadsheet and I didn't get my points for the website being on store displays :?

Thanks, got your store display taken care and removed the points that were inadvertently marked off.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:21 pm

clubing25 wrote:Ok, so first I will start with the sombrero..... it's a party hat! It does stay on your head with the string!! 8) and you guys accepted a dog hat. :lol:

I'm just saving you some heart ache if it comes down to the wire :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

Postby wwefk » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:52 pm

lwmjr wrote:
wwefk wrote:I just checked the spreadsheet and I didn't get my points for the website being on store displays :?

Thanks, got your store display taken care and removed the points that were inadvertently marked off.

That's what happened :lol:
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)
Wrapping up packages and writing out cards
(Office work, out of sight!)

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:06 pm

clubing25 wrote:Ok, so first I will start with the sombrero..... it's a party hat! It does stay on your head with the string!! 8) and you guys accepted a dog hat. :lol:

Not to sound nitpicky, but a.) The dog sombrero was made out of straw like a real sombrero, whereas yours were paper, and b.) I have absolutely no chance of winning any of the cash prizes so the point I received is moot anyways.

In fact, after tomorrow, I'm quitting hunting. I have one place in my tiny little area of PA to check yet for a few of the antique-type items and even if I find them and sort of catch up to you 3, it won't matter since it goes by when the points were posted and you all are way ahead of me.

I can say right off the bat that I'm not getting the conga line, bowling, reading to 3 kids in a library and identical twins since all of my friends backed out of those 4 because they didn't want their pictures taken, so I will never ever catch up. Hence why I'm throwing in the towel.

I do have a few more pics to post, but seeing how you are all 20 points ahead of me, it's all just for fun now.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:32 pm

bmedeiros wrote:
justhangingout528 wrote:
lwmjr wrote:love your house of cards, not sure if HazelnussKaffee feels the same though

I feel your pain... I swear I almost lost my salvation taking that pic, especially with my kids running around me. If it helps, I had to combine tips from a few different youtube videos to finally get my house - and just barely. I used a towel to serve as a grip base for the bottom, and then I used a T-shaped base another video recommended, and then I built as big a base as possible so that it would still stand even if a few cards fell... which they inevitably did. The big base also allowed me to make the next stories slightly smaller, which seemed to help. And used cards help. Whoever used their uno cards or phase 10 is genius. I should have thought of that. And to those who built the symmetrical triangle looking ones... I don't even know how they did that... I couldn't get a first row standing, let alone a second story. My house was ugly, but it stood. :)

"I swear I almost lost my salvation" :lol: :lol: This cracked me up so much! I say something along those lines too when I'm feeling tested :P

Agreed with everything you said. The towel as a grip base was genius (I wish I had thought of that), and a large first level to make a strong base. Make the next levels slightly smaller each time. Fifth level is the easiest because you just need two cards together.
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:50 pm

lwmjr wrote:

I'm just saving you some heart ache if it comes down to the wire :)

Lol ya I appreciated that!!! I got it covered! :D

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:53 pm

carmenslackey wrote:

Not to sound nitpicky, but a.) The dog sombrero was made out of straw like a real sombrero, whereas yours were paper, and b.) I have absolutely no chance of winning any of the cash prizes so the point I received is moot anyways.

In fact, after tomorrow, I'm quitting hunting. I have one place in my tiny little area of PA to check yet for a few of the antique-type items and even if I find them and sort of catch up to you 3, it won't matter since it goes by when the points were posted and you all are way ahead of me.

I can say right off the bat that I'm not getting the conga line, bowling, reading to 3 kids in a library and identical twins since all of my friends backed out of those 4 because they didn't want their pictures taken, so I will never ever catch up. Hence why I'm throwing in the towel.

I do have a few more pics to post, but seeing how you are all 20 points ahead of me, it's all just for fun now.

Lol no it's all good with the dog hat... believe me I looked for it! No worries!!

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:55 pm

SavannahSparkles wrote:
bmedeiros wrote:
justhangingout528 wrote:

"I swear I almost lost my salvation" :lol: :lol: This cracked me up so much! I say something along those lines too when I'm feeling tested :P

Agreed with everything you said. The towel as a grip base was genius (I wish I had thought of that), and a large first level to make a strong base. Make the next levels slightly smaller each time. Fifth level is the easiest because you just need two cards together.

I tried the towel trick also, but it didn't work for me either. Those phase 10 cards were my Salvation because I tried at least 50 times with regular cards.

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:58 pm

bmedeiros wrote:
justhangingout528 wrote:
lwmjr wrote:love your house of cards, not sure if HazelnussKaffee feels the same though

I feel your pain on this one! Spent hours trying to make a house with triangles (got to 3 levels and rejoiced before giving up on going higher) Then looked online for tips and found the towel and octagonal shape ideas. Finally got it but it took a few days... and I had a toddler running around me :lol: :lol:

jmbohler2
Black Friday Pro

Postby jmbohler2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:04 pm

2 questions:
1- I see someone got a point for the zack morris phone, I wanted to take a look to see what was accepted, but I cannot find it? Can someone point me to the page it is on?? Thanks!

2- So can we just create the GO board game? That would make this much easier!

Return to “Off Topic”