What are you tweenage daughters asking for this year

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

rachellynn99
Black Friday Pro

What are you tweenage daughters asking for this year

Postby rachellynn99 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:11 am

I have an 11 year old and 12 year old daughter. I will of course ask them what they are wanting for Christmas- but so far they haven't had many suggestions. What are your tween aged daughters asking for this Christmas?

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Re: What are you tweenage daughters asking for this year

Postby drinkgreen » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:01 pm

my 11yr daughter wants a smart phone for christmas. I think we are going to wait until she turns 12 in July before she goes into the 7th grade.

So with that, not sure what she wants. She hasn't gotten into makeup yet (thank god) but she's out of normal toys and dolls. She mainly likes "screens"

rachellynn99
Black Friday Pro

Postby rachellynn99 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:02 pm

drinkgreen wrote:my 11yr daughter wants a smart phone for christmas. I think we are going to wait until she turns 12 in July before she goes into the 7th grade.

So with that, not sure what she wants. She hasn't gotten into makeup yet (thank god) but she's out of normal toys and dolls. She mainly likes "screens"

My daughters won't get a phone either. They also aren't into makeup, but like yours are out of the normal dolls and such. My 11 year old likes art so I may get a few small paint items, brushes and such from Michael's, but besides that I'm not sure!

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:33 pm

-A Polaroid or Fujifilm instant camera (since she doesn't have a smartphone to take pictures with her friends and whatnot). There are usually several great Black Friday deals on these, so keep an eye out as the ads are released.
-Echo Dot. They even have a Kids edition that was recently released.
-iPod
-Headphones/Earbuds
-Gift card to her favorite clothing/candy/any store.
-A box set of a series of books
-Lessons for something she's interested.....music, singing, dancing, art, cooking, etc.
-Nintendo DS/any type of video game system/game she's interested in.
-DVDS
-Build your Own sets (they have everything from slime to perfume and design your own water bottles!)

Hope some of these help.
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:35 am

My 12 year old daughter wants her first pair of Uggs (so expensive) and some clothes. Her phone is dying and she might get one of those too (still expensive). Other then that, I did not hear a peep from her.

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:38 am

SavannahSparkles wrote:-A Polaroid or Fujifilm instant camera (since she doesn't have a smartphone to take pictures with her friends and whatnot). There are usually several great Black Friday deals on these, so keep an eye out as the ads are released.

Last year at Michael's, I saw they had a great selection for a really good price. I am not sure if you can combine a Michael's or A.C. Moore coupon on Black Friday to get a deeper discount, but it may be worth trying. My daughter has one and she used all her film when she first got it. I highly recommend that camera for her.

rachellynn99
Black Friday Pro

Postby rachellynn99 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:44 am

SavannahSparkles wrote:-A Polaroid or Fujifilm instant camera (since she doesn't have a smartphone to take pictures with her friends and whatnot). There are usually several great Black Friday deals on these, so keep an eye out as the ads are released.
-Echo Dot. They even have a Kids edition that was recently released.
-iPod
-Headphones/Earbuds
-Gift card to her favorite clothing/candy/any store.
-A box set of a series of books
-Lessons for something she's interested.....music, singing, dancing, art, cooking, etc.
-Nintendo DS/any type of video game system/game she's interested in.
-DVDS
-Build your Own sets (they have everything from slime to perfume and design your own water bottles!)

Hope some of these help.

All great suggestions. They have both recently read the Harry Potter Series and liked that. I've seen some little knick knacks at Books a Million that are Harry Potter Themed they might like ( notebooks, illustrated books, tshirts, bags etc.).

The younger one has an instant camera her grandparents got her for her birthday- BUT she would enjoy some of those little stickers and frames and filters you can buy for them. I think she would really like a few accessories. Thanks!

I'll have to look into the Echo Dot kids edition, they might like that. Great suggestions.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:24 pm

My pre-tween (11yo) got a phone last year when she moved out to Washington State with her mom, mainly so we can stay in contact (got her on my family plan so there's no LD charges btwn us). Her mom is renting a really nice ranch home in the country, with attached stables, so naturally they got a horse - so she's been into that a lot this summer (taking horseback lessons, going to horse shows, and all that). She hasn't come out and asked for anything directly, but I figure I'll get her new a saddle blanket and boots even though I'm sure she already has those items.

llamagrl
Black Friday Pro

Postby llamagrl » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:03 pm

My 12-year-old daughter wants a old-school flip phone for Christmas. She has an iPod touch so doesn’t want a smart phone. She also wants a copy of the US Constitution, a bunch of Doctor Who and Pride and Prejudice themed items. She’s my old soul.

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Well, I haven't heard anything about Christmas but my daughter and I did go shopping at Claire's with a gift card. She bought head wraps. She was looking for a charm bracelet with the lobster clasp charms but they didn't have any. So I'll be looking for that as a Christmas gift. :D

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 pm

llamagrl wrote:My 12-year-old daughter wants a old-school flip phone for Christmas. She has an iPod touch so doesn’t want a smart phone. She also wants a copy of the US Constitution, a bunch of Doctor Who and Pride and Prejudice themed items. She’s my old soul.

I would love to know if you find a flip phone. We looked for them a few years ago and I couldn't find them. I did hear that they are making a come back.

About 10 years ago we did a trip to Philadelphia and they have a National Constitution Center there. We didn't go b/c we had little ones. You might want to check out their online gift shop for a copy of the US Constitution.

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:37 pm

My 11 yr old niece is asking for Hatchimals and a Nintendo Switch. Does anyone have a suggestion what I can get her that is somewhere between these two (not so over-hyped/over it in 5 minutes vs. not so expensive)??

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Tacs wrote:My 11 yr old niece is asking for Hatchimals and a Nintendo Switch. Does anyone have a suggestion what I can get her that is somewhere between these two (not so over-hyped/over it in 5 minutes vs. not so expensive)??

Does she have any interest in fitness trackers? We got my daughter (same age as your niece) a FitBit because my husband and I both had them as well, and she wanted to see how many steps she was getting in a day. She still loves it a year later and wears it everyday, she gets really excited every time she hits 10,000 steps! We got a great deal on one from Kohls, plus got Kohls cash in return. If she doesn't have a tablet/cell, her parents can download the app on their smartphones.

A tablet is a good item as well, if her parents approve. My daughter has a Samsung Galaxy (but of course any brand will do). She uses it for her FitBit app, to watch Netflix/Hulu, and to play a bunch of free kid apps.

And as I previously suggested, tween girls without smart phones would probably really like the Polaroid or Fujifilm instant camera to take pictures with their friends. A lot of stores will have this as a doorbuster as well.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:54 pm

SavannahSparkles wrote:
Tacs wrote:My 11 yr old niece is asking for Hatchimals and a Nintendo Switch. Does anyone have a suggestion what I can get her that is somewhere between these two (not so over-hyped/over it in 5 minutes vs. not so expensive)??

Does she have any interest in fitness trackers? We got my daughter (same age as your niece) a FitBit because my husband and I both had them as well, and she wanted to see how many steps she was getting in a day. She still loves it a year later and wears it everyday, she gets really excited every time she hits 10,000 steps! We got a great deal on one from Kohls, plus got Kohls cash in return. If she doesn't have a tablet/cell, her parents can download the app on their smartphones.

A tablet is a good item as well, if her parents approve. My daughter has a Samsung Galaxy (but of course any brand will do). She uses it for her FitBit app, to watch Netflix/Hulu, and to play a bunch of free kid apps.

And as I previously suggested, tween girls without smart phones would probably really like the Polaroid or Fujifilm instant camera to take pictures with their friends. A lot of stores will have this as a doorbuster as well.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks, SavannahSparkles. She did have a fitbit last year but it only lasted about a month before she lost interest. Her mom won't let her have a tablet (she hasn't shown to be responsible with the internet yet) but I did take notice of the camera suggestion. Will be on the look out for that and searching for any other ideas that pop up!

Return to “Off Topic”