Walmart Savings Catcher

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Walmart Savings Catcher

Postby SavannahSparkles » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Does anyone else use this? I usually save all my reward dollars for the year to spend on Blacksgiving, but if I understand the email they sent out correctly--starting October 29th, you will no longer be able to scan receipts/earn reward dollars OR use previously earned reward dollars unless you sign up for Walmart Pay. Am I right or did I misunderstand?
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Walmart Savings Catcher

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:30 am

My wife got the same email. We've gotten several hundred dollars from this. I don't know much about it since she uses it and not me but she doesn't think it'll effect us since we buy everything online. We order our groceries online from Walmart so she thinks we'll still get to use it then.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 am

I dont want to link a card to my phone!!!

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:57 pm

I hope this is not true! I do the same thing, save up my reward dollars for Black Friday. I hope they can reverse this :|

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Agreed--I really don't want to sign up. I'm sad about not being able to scan paper receipts in the future, but I'm more upset about possibly not being able to use my accrued dollars from the past year on Blacksgiving. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:48 am

It does seem that you have to use Walmart Pay in order to redeem the reward dollars after Oct. 29th. They won't be allowing you to pay with cash or check. :(

I think that this is a good explanation of the new program:
http://couponsinthenews.com/2018/09/19/ ... s-catcher/

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Irishmaire wrote:It does seem that you have to use Walmart Pay in order to redeem the reward dollars after Oct. 29th. They won't be allowing you to pay with cash or check. :(

I think that this is a good explanation of the new program:
http://couponsinthenews.com/2018/09/19/ ... s-catcher/

The not using cash/check is not an issue since we're a cashless family (nobody in our family ever uses cash, for anything) and we haven't used checks in probably 15 years but the Walmart Pay is interesting... I use Samsung Pay for everything possible. I assume Walmart pay is the same way? We only shop Walmart for groceries since they're the only place near us that has online grocery ordering. I am going to have to check it out.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:53 pm

It's like free money and with price matching a thing of the past it'e the way for me to accumulate bucks til Blacksgiving.

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:00 am

I checked it out yesterday, and from what I can tell it is forcing me to set up Wal-Mart Pay now to convert my Savings Catcher balance to a gift card on my phone. So I guess I'll do that this time, just to use up my balance, but I'm not going to be linking my card in the future to continue using the Savings Catcher.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:19 pm

SantaShopper wrote:I checked it out yesterday, and from what I can tell it is forcing me to set up Wal-Mart Pay now to convert my Savings Catcher balance to a gift card on my phone. So I guess I'll do that this time, just to use up my balance, but I'm not going to be linking my card in the future to continue using the Savings Catcher.

I didn't even realize that this would be an issue because I literally haven't used my rewards since last Blacksgiving.

I spoke to a Walmart Savings Catcher customer service agent just now. I asked if they were able to resend an email that had my e-gift card balance with a barcode to scan at the register (the way it used to be) or if I'm able to use my smartphone to scan at the register in some way that wasn't obvious to me. He informed me that since February of this year that the only way to use reward points was to set up Walmart Pay on the app OR to use your points on the website.

So I guess the only thing that's really changing at the end of the month is the ability to scan receipts and get cash back--you will have to use Walmart Pay for that as well. Bummer :(

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:32 pm

SavannahSparkles wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:
So I guess the only thing that's really changing at the end of the month is the ability to scan receipts and get cash back--you will have to use Walmart Pay for that as well. Bummer :(

Since I know nothing about the program since my wife does it, this may be a dumb question... Since we buy our groceries online and don't scan an actual receipt, will be still be able to put in our TC number for the rewards/price match/whatever? We still get the number to do this even though we don't get a physical receipt.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:00 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Since I know nothing about the program since my wife does it, this may be a dumb question... Since we buy our groceries online and don't scan an actual receipt, will be still be able to put in our TC number for the rewards/price match/whatever? We still get the number to do this even though we don't get a physical receipt.

I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that you can only use the Wal-Mart Pay app for in-store purchases. It was made to make checkout in the store quicker and easier. So if Savings Catcher is a part of Wal-Mart Pay, I'm guessing no :( .

Return to “Off Topic”