Santa Gifts

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Santa Gifts

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:09 pm

How does everyone do Santa gifts? My mom always left our Santa gifts unwrapped, but my little loves to unwrap things so I think it would be more fun if they were wrapped. I’ve also seen those huge Santa bags but not sure I could find one this late.

hiker
Official Zipper

Re: Santa Gifts

Postby hiker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:38 pm

We always wrapped them with different wrapping paper than rest off gifts, a very fancy ribbon and bow, and printed Santa label

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:53 pm

I always grew up with my gifts unwrapped and loved that. My wife likes to wrap my boys and I hate it. But as usual, she wins.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:04 pm

either unwrapped or in special paper.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:51 pm

I've always wrapped them in different paper than the other gifts. Leaving them unwrapped just doesn't make it very fun for the little one on Christmas morning. My ex would make it even more amusing by putting smaller gifts in big boxes, sometimes even multiple boxes. I always thought that was a bit cruel myself, but never said anything.

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:14 pm

cinemike16 wrote:I've always wrapped them in different paper than the other gifts. Leaving them unwrapped just doesn't make it very fun for the little one on Christmas morning. My ex would make it even more amusing by putting smaller gifts in big boxes, sometimes even multiple boxes. I always thought that was a bit cruel myself, but never said anything.

I did this with the gift my son wanted most last year. It was probably at least 8 layers of boxes and gift bags. He thought it was something big, too, because the outside box was huge. ...The real gift was a video game. He would have known what it was if I just wrapped that little thing as is.

I mixed it up with gifts a bit this year. Some I just wrapped in boxes that are way bigger than the actual item. Some are double wrapped in different boxes. ...Teens don't get as many items because they want more expensive stuff, and a lot isn't toys and "Fun" stuff, so this adds a bit of fun to the unwrapping. He can't guess the gifts either. :)

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:22 pm

prettyinpink2904 wrote:How does everyone do Santa gifts? My mom always left our Santa gifts unwrapped, but my little loves to unwrap things so I think it would be more fun if they were wrapped. I’ve also seen those huge Santa bags but not sure I could find one this late.

We never did Santa with my son because my husband never liked that idea. I still put out gifts from us on Christmas Eve after he's in bed, because it's fun to wake up to gifts that weren't there the night before. Gifts from other relatives are put under the tree as we receive them throughout the month.

When I was a kid my mom just made everything from Santa. (We were taught that parents pay Santa, which is why some kids get more or more expensive items, so I always thought of it as the payment was from mom, and Santa just decided what to get. LOL.) Everything was wrapped, and nothing was put out until we were asleep on Christmas Eve.

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Santa has a special paper for each kid and tucked their pattern in top of their stocking (only put candy in the stockings.) The kids always loved going to their stocking to see which paper was theirs.

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:49 am

My parents did not distinguish Santa gifts from Mom and Dad gifts. Also, my husband and I never implied Santa brought any gifts because my children were not interested in Santa.

Return to “Off Topic”