KMART Thanksgiving Day??

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

kmwjdizlh
Black Friday Pro

KMART Thanksgiving Day??

Postby kmwjdizlh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello!! This may be asked on another post & if so I apologize but I didn't see one... Kmart has always done a Thanksgiving Morning BF sale - are they doing one this year? I haven't seen an ad for it...

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: KMART Thanksgiving Day??

Postby Shopper X » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 pm

I don't know the definitive answer, but I am beginning to suspect that Kmart will not have a Thanksgiving Day sale this year. Their web site is advertising only the 6pm Thursday to 2 pm Friday sale.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:19 pm

I don't know if it's a national thing or not, but KMart is closing a TON of stores on or around January 22, 2018. Ours was one of the only remaining in our part of PA and is closing now. Our Sears closed back in April. I'm sad to say it, but I do believe that KMart and Sears may be completely out of business in the next couple of years. They may remain online, but it's not for me to predict that. I know that our Kmart is currently going through liquidation. We don't even get the Thanksgiving Eve/BF sale here since they're emptying out the entire store, right down to the last shelving unit and light fixture. They did the same with our Sears when that closed.

Don't know if that will help you or give you some sort of an answer to your question, but thought I'd say something anyways.

kmwjdizlh
Black Friday Pro

Postby kmwjdizlh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks guys!! I appreciate your response. I don't live close to the one I normally go to on Thanksgiving morning but I do know that it's the last one around the area. It's a sister tradition for my sister and I to go but hasn't seen any ad :(

Thanks guys & I hope you all have a Safe & Happy Thanksgiving & BF!!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:43 am

They've closed all of the Kmarts around here, they may have a sale for the remaining ones but I don't know.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 am

Our local stores will be open at 6 AM Thanksgiving day so I still have hopes a thanksgiving day sale ad will appear. Seems weird they would open early for nothing (normal opening time seems to be 8 am every other day).
So here they will be open 6 am Thursday - Midnight Friday.

You can check their website and look up your local store to see the hours.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:24 pm

I looked over the Kmart and Sears press releases. The only one mentioning their Thanksgiving and Black Friday plans was posted November 7, 2017. It specifically mentions the 6 pm Thursday to 2 pm Friday doorbusters and does not mention any other Thanksgiving day sale.

https://searsholdings.com/press-releases/pr/2063
Kmart Thanksgiving/Black Friday Hours and Doorbuster Deals

Kmart stores will open at 6 a.m.Thanksgiving Day and close at 10 p.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 24.* Some stores will close at midnight and others will close at 2 a.m. and re-open at 6 a.m. on Nov. 24. For local store hours, shoppers can visit Kmart.com/stores.

Kmart will feature extra discounts on already low Holiday Blowout prices from Thurs., Nov. 23 through Sun., Nov. 26. Members can enjoy savings such as 50 percent off apparel; 50 percent off Christmas tree lighting; 40 percent off bath towels and rugs, sheets, quilts, comforters, blankets, bedspreads, bed-in-a bag; and 50 percent off ladies and kids fashion boots.

Kmart doorbusters will be available in store and online from 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving until 2 p.m. on Black Friday. Deals include:

- Save $200 on a Samsung 55" class smart 4K UHD TV – $499 plus $50 CASHBACK in points; reg. price $699
- Save $30 on 1,000 Thread Count Sheets– now $19.99 any size; reg. price $59.99
- Save 50 percent on Select Small Kitchen Appliances– now $4.99; reg. price $9.99
- 6' pre-decorated American Pine Tree– $49.99; reg. price $99.99
- Barbie – now $1.99; reg. price $6.99-$9.99
- Save 50 percent on Skullcandy Uproar Bluetooth on-ear headphones– now $24.99; reg. price $49.99

Shoppers can preview Sears and Kmart's highly anticipated Black Friday ads at Sears.com/localad and Kmart.com/localad. The stores' most popular holiday catalogs are also available online with interactive, dynamic and sharable list features. View the re-introduced Sears Wish Book at sears.com/wishbook and the Kmart Toy Book at kmart.com/toybook.

[...]

*Some exclusions apply. See store or sears.com for details.
**Stores in ME, RI, MA and certain other stores open midnight 11/24/17 or later.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm

This is so sad. I remember Kmart was one place I always got excited about because they always had a really good sell on things on my list, and their clothing used to be really decent and my kids liked them. I'd always go Thanksgiving morning for the sale at 6am, then stop at the grocery and grab my newspaper w/ads. Gone are the days, as our Kmart is closing as well. I worked at this store years ago, and have been shopping at it for 18 years. There are a lot of employees who have been there for 20+ years as well.

With that said, I have not seen a Thanksgiving morning ad anywhere, only the one for the evening. Our store is set to close late January as well, and will not honor any circular/BF sales since the liquidation has begun. I didn't even realize the Kmart we typically go to on BF closed last month! I think these might be the last Kmart stores in our state.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:14 am

Apparently there is no Thanksgiving day ad, and the BF ad is only 5 pages. It is actually the last 5 pages of the Sears ad.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:19 am

lwmjr wrote:Apparently there is no Thanksgiving day ad, and the BF ad is only 5 pages. It is actually the last 5 pages of the Sears ad.

Yea, this is a company going out of business, I can't see them having a huge sale. Next year will all be saying "remember KMart?".
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:53 am

teknoge3k wrote:
lwmjr wrote:Apparently there is no Thanksgiving day ad, and the BF ad is only 5 pages. It is actually the last 5 pages of the Sears ad.

Yea, this is a company going out of business, I can't see them having a huge sale. Next year will all be saying "remember KMart?".

It seems like this is the last year for Kmart and Sears
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Return to “Off Topic”