Page 2 of 2

Re: Holiday Decorating

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 pm
by jeanerz13
bfaddict wrote:I usually put up my tree this weekend but I did it last weekend. And also discovered that a rabbit or squirrel thought the cord on one of my set of lights might make a delicious meal :x I’ve been told I should be able to fit it. But until then my pathway lights will be uneven. Little butt head......

If you had turned your lights on maybe the critter would have got what he deserved :P

Re: Holiday Decorating

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:03 am
by bfaddict
jeanerz13 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:I usually put up my tree this weekend but I did it last weekend. And also discovered that a rabbit or squirrel thought the cord on one of my set of lights might make a delicious meal :x I’ve been told I should be able to fit it. But until then my pathway lights will be uneven. Little butt head......

If you had turned your lights on maybe the critter would have got what he deserved :P


I know, right!?! So much for tradition.... lol
Although I once found a dead squirrel in the middle of my back yard. It was really bizarre. I'd rather not have to transport a dead animal again lol

Re: Holiday Decorating

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:16 am
by Kaelha
I usually put up my decorations in December. My mom died last Thursday during heart surgery., she's been ill for awhile and I was her only caregiver. She loved Christmas and Thanksgiving. So this year, I am forcing myself to get the Christmas decorations up as soon as possible. We are all heartbroken and I think it will be a good distraction and help us to heal maybe. I found some items while cleaning out mom's apartment that I will incorporate into our decor. Candlesticks, table linens. They are a bit old fashioned, but just what we need.

Re: Holiday Decorating

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 am
by teknoge3k
Kaelha wrote:I usually put up my decorations in December. My mom died last Thursday during heart surgery., she's been ill for awhile and I was her only caregiver. She loved Christmas and Thanksgiving. So this year, I am forcing myself to get the Christmas decorations up as soon as possible. We are all heartbroken and I think it will be a good distraction and help us to heal maybe. I found some items while cleaning out mom's apartment that I will incorporate into our decor. Candlesticks, table linens. They are a bit old fashioned, but just what we need.


Sorry for your loss. :(

Re: Holiday Decorating

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:51 am
by lwmjr
Kaelha wrote:I usually put up my decorations in December. My mom died last Thursday during heart surgery., she's been ill for awhile and I was her only caregiver. She loved Christmas and Thanksgiving. So this year, I am forcing myself to get the Christmas decorations up as soon as possible. We are all heartbroken and I think it will be a good distraction and help us to heal maybe. I found some items while cleaning out mom's apartment that I will incorporate into our decor. Candlesticks, table linens. They are a bit old fashioned, but just what we need.

Sorry for your loss :(

Re: Holiday Decorating

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:34 am
by Kaelha
Thank you. I feel bad to post something so depressing, but I haven't been as busy on the forum as I have in past years and it was tough to explain why.

Re: Holiday Decorating

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:32 am
by lwmjr
Kaelha wrote:Thank you. I feel bad to post something so depressing, but I haven't been as busy on the forum as I have in past years and it was tough to explain why.

Because, it always helps to tell someone :)

Re: Holiday Decorating

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:08 pm
by CrazyTrain
We started the tree last night and finished today! We have some decorations up but more to put up after lunch.