BFAds Black Friday 2017 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2017 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Postby Tacs » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:23 pm

justhangingout528 wrote:
Tacs, I'm totally cracking up over your comment regarding taking that picture with your mother.

I'd also like to say I feel like a total idiot. Everyone who did the yoga pose I did has their hands above their head. When I looked up yoga poses the picture I saw was the way I did it. :lol:

Hahaha me too. She called me this morning to make sure the picture turned out ok :lol:
I did the same pose as you - it's called the Tree pose - and you can have your hands at your chest, above your head, or even straight up or out!

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me into your scavenger hunt gang. This was a lot of fun and I just hope I got enough for a shirt :D I'm already looking forward to next year when I can plan more time to hunt!!

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 pm

So.. I'm not sure what a Chatty Cathy is. I tried looking through so many pictures and found so many different looks for chatty cathy I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. :(

The one I found was said to be a Chatty Cathy Baby Doll.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:10 pm

hiker wrote:So.. I'm not sure what a Chatty Cathy is. I tried looking through so many pictures and found so many different looks for chatty cathy I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. :(

The one I found was said to be a Chatty Cathy Baby Doll.

Marks on Chatty Cathy Dolls

All Chatty Cathy dolls are marked on their backs. Marks include the copyright date and generally the doll's name (Chatty Cathy, Chatty Baby, Tiny Chatty Brother, etc.). Only the #1 Chatty Cathy has no mark.

Material and Size

All Chatty Cathy dolls are made of vinyl. The dolls have a soft vinyl face, except for the later dolls made in 1964 which have a hard plastic face. Collectors generally prefer the soft vinyl face. Chatty Cathy dolls are 20 inches tall.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 pm

The signs are killing me, Savannah took the shingles off of her house, so she could use the tar paper, Clubbing needs the neighborhood to erect hers, Justhangingout, had to scale her roof, to hang hers.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Tacs
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tacs » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:25 pm

lwmjr wrote:The signs are killing me, Savannah took the shingles off of her house, so she could use the tar paper, Clubbing needs the neighborhood to erect hers, Justhangingout, had to scale her roof, to hang hers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm so glad I didn't try to go big. The competition is FIERCE!

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:41 pm

lwmjr wrote:The signs are killing me, Savannah took the shingles off of her house, so she could use the tar paper, Clubbing needs the neighborhood to erect hers, Justhangingout, had to scale her roof, to hang hers.

I had to bring reinforcements!!! The first wasn't enough!!!
:lol:

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:45 pm

clubing25 wrote:

I think you out did yourself :D

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:08 am

clubing25 wrote:

Well pooh!

I ditched my sign when I was done - otherwise I'd try to outdo ya! It was made out of wrapping paper and my husband was sick of it in his office (the first few days we tried to put it out it was windy and all over the place so I just kind of dropped it in his office till I could put it outside.)

I thought maybe I could place this year, but ....missing points, missing points. Ho hum.

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 am

justhangingout528 wrote:
clubing25 wrote:

Well pooh!

I ditched my sign when I was done - otherwise I'd try to outdo ya! It was made out of wrapping paper and my husband was sick of it in his office (the first few days we tried to put it out it was windy and all over the place so I just kind of dropped it in his office till I could put it outside.)

I thought maybe I could place this year, but ....missing points, missing points. Ho hum.

You did amazing!! You did better then i ever did in my first few years doing it!! I have all my neighbors on stand by in case I need bigger!!! :lol:

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:16 am

clubing25 wrote:
justhangingout528 wrote:
clubing25 wrote:

Well pooh!

You did amazing!! You did better then i ever did in my first few years doing it!! I have all my neighbors on stand by in case I need bigger!!! :lol:

Regarding the neighbors: Oh gosh! LOL

and Thanks!

sallan8
Black Friday Pro

Postby sallan8 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:47 am

Hoping I have enough for a tshirt! It was tough again this year because I went from the West coast to Texas to the East coast all within the last 3 weeks. Pretty sure my husband is going to ban me next year hahaha! Still had fun though, good luck everyone!

ps, my My Chatty Cathy must have been the baby. I know one of her phrases is kiss my finger all better, if that helps.

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:52 am

sallan8 wrote:ps, my My Chatty Cathy must have been the baby. I know one of her phrases is kiss my finger all better, if that helps.

You got credit for your Chatty Cathy... mine was the baby .. but not chatty cathy.. so not sure what mine is.

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:01 am

Oh heck! Ahahahah. I didn't get the ds posted, but it's there! LOL

bmedeiros
Black Friday Pro

Postby bmedeiros » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:02 am

Well, thanks all. Missing too many things to place, but we had a lot of fun!

sallan8
Black Friday Pro

Postby sallan8 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:05 am

hiker wrote:
sallan8 wrote:ps, my My Chatty Cathy must have been the baby. I know one of her phrases is kiss my finger all better, if that helps.

You got credit for your Chatty Cathy... mine was the baby .. but not chatty cathy.. so not sure what mine is.

oh really? I must have been looking at something else. I better tell my friend she swore up and down that it was a Chatty Cathy :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”