Vacation

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Vacation

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Who is going on vacation this summer? Anyone have awesome $$ saving tips for vacationing? Last year I snagged a deal on a Disney cruise and I'm looking for more vacations for this year!!

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Re: Vacation

Postby cinemike16 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Got a week scheduled off in July, no plans really as of now. I may just go camping, been awhile since my ex didn't like the great outdoors. Another option is the Hershey Park.

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 pm

I'm going somewhere. Probably gonna hit Vegas and was considering a cruise.. but cruises in the summer in florida may not be the way to go.. hurricane season and all.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 pm

What is a vacation. Seems i forget what a true vacation but looking toward doing a Disney cruise in Alaska next year.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:15 pm

I'm going to Disney World this September...

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:47 pm

taking a few days here & there for nephews graduation......hubby & son are going to take scuba lessons next month so if they decide to go anywhere I'll tag along & stay on the dry side!!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 am

We've rented a house in Miami Beach for a week.
Then we're going on an 8 day cruise to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts & St. Maarten.
Then we're going to Key West for a week.
Then we come home and have a 3 day recoup period.
Then we go to Gettysburg for 5 days.
Then we have a 2 week recoup period.
Then we go to Atlanta for 5 days.
Then we go to Charlotte for 5 days
Then we go to 2 concerts almost back to back, Guns N Roses & Matchbox 20. Then the following week school starts.
Then the following week the wife and I are in DC for 3 days.
Then the following week we're back in DC for 4 days for a wedding.
I am going to need a vacation, from vacations.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:54 pm

teknoge3k wrote:We've rented a house in Miami Beach for a week.
Then we're going on an 8 day cruise to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts & St. Maarten.
Then we go to 2 concerts almost back to back, Guns N Roses & Matchbox 20. Then the following week school starts.

Take me with!!! This sounds amazing! What cruise line are you taking? I completely understand the "vacation from vacation" part, I often feel that way too!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:08 pm

prettyinpink2904 wrote:
Take me with!!! This sounds amazing! What cruise line are you taking? I completely understand the "vacation from vacation" part, I often feel that way too!

We're loyal Carnival cruisers, that's who we always stick with. The one mentioned we're going on the Splendor out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have another booked after that (that wasn't mentioned) on the Carnival Magic out of Prt. Canaveral. I will soon be booking another probably on the Fascination out of San Juan, because we want to go to St. Thomas, and Barbados.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 am

teknoge3k wrote:
prettyinpink2904 wrote:

We're loyal Carnival cruisers, that's who we always stick with. The one mentioned we're going on the Splendor out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have another booked after that (that wasn't mentioned) on the Carnival Magic out of Prt. Canaveral. I will soon be booking another probably on the Fascination out of San Juan, because we want to go to St. Thomas, and Barbados.

I've been on Carnival, Royal Carribean and Disney and Carnival was my least favorite of all of them. Of course this was like 10 years ago so I'm sure things have changed! I'm a huge cruising fan but Disney Cruise Line tends to put a pretty nice dent in the pocketbook.

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:48 am

shrcpark wrote:I'm going to Disney World this September...

Disney World is my favorite! I follow MouseSavers for discounts and deals on my Disney trips!! If you're open to credit cards I got one when we went last year ahead of time and if you spend $500 in 3 months you get a $200 Disney gift card so it paid for our tickets!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:14 pm

prettyinpink2904 wrote:
I've been on Carnival, Royal Carribean and Disney and Carnival was my least favorite of all of them. Of course this was like 10 years ago so I'm sure things have changed! I'm a huge cruising fan but Disney Cruise Line tends to put a pretty nice dent in the pocketbook.

Disney is the Chick-Fil-A of cruise lines. They put everyone else to shame, lol... Then again, that's probably why they're the most expensive. They do it right.

We chose Carnival over RCCL because they are cheaper and we cruise a lot. Plus they cater more to families. Keep in mind CCL is the largest cruise line in the world so they're prone to more complaints and such. We've never had an issue and love them. Things have come a long way in 10 years though. ESPECIALLY the ship sizes and amenities. You should hop in my suitcase and join. :lol:

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:42 pm

teknoge3k wrote:We've rented a house in Miami Beach for a week.

wow thats a lot of vacations... I'm jealous, the most I ever got was 2 weeks off 1 year. Not that I can complain about that, last few years I didn't get a single vacation

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 am

prettyinpink2904 wrote:
shrcpark wrote:I'm going to Disney World this September...

Disney World is my favorite! I follow MouseSavers for discounts and deals on my Disney trips!! If you're open to credit cards I got one when we went last year ahead of time and if you spend $500 in 3 months you get a $200 Disney gift card so it paid for our tickets!

Word! Nice... I was able to book the Caribbean Beach Resort this time and score the $75 a night Disney Gift Card. Also, the same time our family is going, I am hoping we qualify for the free Disney Dining Plan. I follow MouseSavers, Allears.net, and Undercovertourist.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:02 pm

not this summer, but last month went to Disneyworld for a day, and then the Disney cruise to the Bahamas to celebrate DD 25th bday. we had so much fun we're already planning our next 2 for next year.
I'm addicted!

Return to “Off Topic”