Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Re: Tipping on 2-go orders

Postby tinytim35 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:30 pm

hiker wrote:
tinytim35 wrote:hadn't really thought of it before

And now that you've thought about it, what do u think? :) :)

you want me to think???????

wouldn't think of a tip from a drive through. If they have to bring it out to the car maybe a small amount. If I go in & they just hand me a bag of food, no.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:13 pm

does anyone tip..............cows, also know as cow tipping
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 pm

For orders I call in and go pick up myself...no i do not tip because all you are doing is walking it to my car or I am coming inside to pick it up after I have called it in. Sonic is different i tip them

If I am sitting down eating then yes I tip and i tip well

In regards to delivery drivers like pizza i do tip just not as much and sometimes not at all. I worked at pizza hut for 3yrs and our drivers always got an hourly wage plus whatever tips they made from deliveries which could be way more than the other staff.

My question is do you tip your barber/hairdresser on top of what they charge you? For example your hairdresser charged you $50 to do your hair, do you tip on top of that?

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:26 am

Sparkle2217 wrote:My question is do you tip your barber/hairdresser on top of what they charge you? For example your hairdresser charged you $50 to do your hair, do you tip on top of that?

Absolutely! And generously!
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:34 am

lovebf wrote:
Sparkle2217 wrote:My question is do you tip your barber/hairdresser on top of what they charge you? For example your hairdresser charged you $50 to do your hair, do you tip on top of that?

Absolutely! And generously!

Thanks I have always wondered that

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:52 am

Yea I always tip the lady who cuts my hair pretty generously.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:15 am

teknoge3k wrote:Yea I always tip the lady who cuts my hair pretty generously.

Thanks Tek. I have had so many mixed responses to this

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:08 am

Sparkle2217 wrote:For orders I call in and go pick up myself...no i do not tip because all you are doing is walking it to my car or I am coming inside to pick it up after I have called it in. Sonic is different i tip them

In regards to delivery drivers like pizza i do tip just not as much and sometimes not at all. I worked at pizza hut for 3yrs and our drivers always got an hourly wage plus whatever tips they made from deliveries which could be way more than the other staff.

My question is do you tip your barber/hairdresser on top of what they charge you? For example your hairdresser charged you $50 to do your hair, do you tip on top of that?

I do and pretty well because I'm told you should. I sometimes wonder though about the whole tipping system.
My stylist now has her own salon suite so she's not employed by anyone and I was told from a friend who's mom runs her own salon from her home that when stylists go out on their own they need tips more because they have more expenses to pay. But really... I pay like $45 for a hair cut.. and probably only takes her 30-45 min. So at the very least she's getting paid $45/hr. Which is waaaaaay more than I get paid! And the only stuff that gets used during a hair cut is shampoo and conditioner. Why do I need to tip to help pay for additional expenses like salon rent?

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:11 am

@bfaddict

That's what i was trying to get at. I know some hairdressers who are apart of a shop and either pay a chair fee of $10- $50 bucks per day (that they are actually in the shop working) and will see 7 clients a day and charge those clients $60- $100 bucks for a hairstyle. Easily covering the price of the chair fee while making a decent living in one day let alone a week.

Then I know hairdressers who are out on their own and who charge just as much or more for a hairstyle but who don't either pay rent or pay $800 in rent for the space they rent but have several stylist working under them who they then charge say $100 each to cover the rent in the month. All the chairs, shampoo stations, etc are usually donated or if they choose to buy them they can. Heck even if they choose to have it financed it's not like they are paying $1,000 a month to do so.

So would it be wrong not to tip when they are easily making a weekly salary of $1,000 or more tax free.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Sparkle2217 wrote:@bfaddict

That's what i was trying to get at. I know some hairdressers who are apart of a shop and either pay a chair fee of $10- $50 bucks per day (that they are actually in the shop working) and will see 7 clients a day and charge those clients $60- $100 bucks for a hairstyle. Easily covering the price of the chair fee while making a decent living in one day let alone a week.

Then I know hairdressers who are out on their own and who charge just as much or more for a hairstyle but who don't either pay rent or pay $800 in rent for the space they rent but have several stylist working under them who they then charge say $100 each to cover the rent in the month. All the chairs, shampoo stations, etc are usually donated or if they choose to buy them they can. Heck even if they choose to have it financed it's not like they are paying $1,000 a month to do so.

So would it be wrong not to tip when they are easily making a weekly salary of $1,000 or more tax free.

I don't think my stylist would hate me if i didnt tip generously or at all but now i'd feel kinda bad if i didnt since i've been doing it for so long.
it'd just be easier if they would not even request a tip!

and then apparently you're suppose to give these people gifts during the holidays too?? anyone that has a service type of job.. mailman, ups/fedex, hairstylist... etc....
i sometimes give my hairstylist and massage lady gifts but that's because i have a friendly relationship with them and have been going to them for years. But I don't feel like we should gift people items because they're doing their job...... :?

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:55 pm

bfaddict wrote:
Sparkle2217 wrote:@bfaddict

I don't think my stylist would hate me if i didnt tip generously or at all but now i'd feel kinda bad if i didnt since i've been doing it for so long.
it'd just be easier if they would not even request a tip!

and then apparently you're suppose to give these people gifts during the holidays too?? anyone that has a service type of job.. mailman, ups/fedex, hairstylist... etc....
i sometimes give my hairstylist and massage lady gifts but that's because i have a friendly relationship with them and have been going to them for years. But I don't feel like we should gift people items because they're doing their job...... :?

Right. If you have been going to certain people for years and you have that relationship then ok but when did it become required to buy gifts for the mailman, ups, fed ex, etc especially when my carriers change from week to week.

I know this was about restaurant/to go order tipping but this conversation actually came up when i was at a restaurant and the person i was with complained about tipping the server when in our case the server got a hourly wage of $10 an hr plus tips

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:02 pm

I can't get myself to do it. I don't even tip a furniture delivery person. lol (which i guess you're suppose to do too!?!)
I don't think i need to bribe someone to do their job well.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:45 pm

bfaddict wrote:I can't get myself to do it. I don't even tip a furniture delivery person. lol (which i guess you're suppose to do too!?!)
I don't think i need to bribe someone to do their job well.

Ha ha good answer in my family feud voice :lol: :lol: :lol:

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:49 am

bfaddict wrote:
Sparkle2217 wrote:For orders I call in and go pick up myself...no i do not tip because all you are doing is walking it to my car or I am coming inside to pick it up after I have called it in. Sonic is different i tip them

I do and pretty well because I'm told you should. I sometimes wonder though about the whole tipping system.
My stylist now has her own salon suite so she's not employed by anyone and I was told from a friend who's mom runs her own salon from her home that when stylists go out on their own they need tips more because they have more expenses to pay. But really... I pay like $45 for a hair cut.. and probably only takes her 30-45 min. So at the very least she's getting paid $45/hr. Which is waaaaaay more than I get paid! And the only stuff that gets used during a hair cut is shampoo and conditioner. Why do I need to tip to help pay for additional expenses like salon rent?

Not even close that they make $45 an hour (or even more). When you go to work, you have an hourly rate you get paid and basic taxes get taken out. They get paid ONLY when they work and they have to pay into taxes and they have to pay the light bill, chair bill, rent bill, phone bill, ALL the tools they use (which is not cheap), ALL the products they use.....blah blah......you think they are still making $45 and hour? No. You continue to make your wage, they do not. You both are not looking at the big picture and do not understand what is behind any of this. Just a small FYI
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:27 am

My haircuts cost $14.95, and I just give them $20.00, leaving the entire remainder as a tip.

Return to “Off Topic”