HOW do you shop on Black Friday?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Re: HOW do you shop on Black Friday?

Postby sportymonkey » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:15 pm

My strategy has dramatically changed over the years. I used to love standing in the lines with everyone when the store opens; even if it was for one small thing. You would think working at a Cold storage facillity has made me accustomed to the cold; however it has done the oppossite. Thus I dread standing in the cold now.
My plan also depends on my work schedule also. Being a night shifter; I never know until the week of if I will be working Thanksgiving night or not. So I have to make two plans; an all or none kinda thing.
Although I still love shopping at stores during BF, most of my shopping this year has been done online which is a first. The only store that I have to walk into is JCP when they open.

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Shopping BF seems to change from year to year lately. When the children were little, I'd get up and out by 5:30 am for the 6:00 am opening of Toys R Us and then head to Target. I'd also shop year round for them and store the items until Christmas. Now that they are older, I'm shopping at Old Navy, Michael's, Five Below, Target and sometimes Best Buy. I like to head out around 5 am now.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:45 pm

tinytim35 wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:
tinytim35 wrote:cleaning up Thurs as fast as I can & waiting for mom to make her 2 1/2 hr drive up so we can RUN!!

I'm going to drop her off at Wally World for sheets then I'm standing in line at Kohls for a camera. May drive over to JCP to see if they have any coupons left....maybe.

Then kill time at some unknown location till the mall opens at 6 am....Bath & Body Works then probably home.....maybe....thinking about it....

Keep in mind KMart has flannel sheets $15 any size. That's an awesome deal, since it includes king sheets. I plan on grabbing a few sets. First time I'll ever be doing Kmart Thanksgiving sale.

the nearest Kmart is about 90 miles from here so won't get there :( I can't do flannel....would melt! Now, my son would love some!! I'm looking for the 1100 thread count but went online & they have some microfiber ones now with 1500 thread count for about the same price....just not sure about the difference between microfiber (polyester) and the cotton/poly blend. Still thinking.

the microfiber ones i have bought are really thin. they are SUPER soft, but really thin. Almost silky.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:03 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:Same with Tek on reevaluating my list for things I really want and need. I do not shop on Thursday! Friday we will probably head out around 4-5am (we left at midnight last year..) And start at big spots like Walmart and Target, hitting others like Kohls, Petsmart/Petco, and Five Below. Then we will have to do a bit of traveling to get to our next set of stores which include IKEA, Best Buy, and a mall with a lot of good stuff like F.Y.E and Gamestop. Once we feel finished for the day, we will bring home some unhealthy food and stuff our face and pass out! I'll wake up at some point to finish off any online shopping that's left later that night. Best day ever!!!

I've not met many BF shoppers who don't actually shop on BF (Thursday) so I am curious.. When you go out late at night like that, are you shopping for leftover items, or what? I know a lot of places the doorbuster prices aren't valid on Friday, only Thursday. Do you get much of what you go after or is it smaller things, or....?

I go back through the stores late at night as they are restocking to get what I missed. For ex: I will get in line for my coupon JCPenney, then I will go back like after 9 or 10pm and shop. I have been told they will be restocking then, so I can get what I need. I have done this past few years, thro JCP/Target etc.. and get everything I originally wanted. Since I am staked out al Walmart by 3pm for the video games. And yes Sometimes I have grabbed stuff I don't REALLY need :D

BFNerd
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFNerd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Once upon a time, I would head out to the mall early in the morning to do my shopping. This year will be different since my pup is still recovering from a recent attack from the neighbors dog and don't want to leave him. My shopping will be done completely online this year. As of today, I have my physical list finalized and all of my online wish lists set so all I will have to do is add to cart.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:00 pm

BFNerd wrote:Once upon a time, I would head out to the mall early in the morning to do my shopping. This year will be different since my pup is still recovering from a recent attack from the neighbors dog and don't want to leave him. My shopping will be done completely online this year. As of today, I have my physical list finalized and all of my online wish lists set so all I will have to do is add to cart.

Prayers with you and puppy. Mine got sick today. :(

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:32 am

Working 3am-9am (the earliest we'll get out anyway), then coming home to bake some pies to take to the family dinner at my parents'. Picking my daughter up around noon-ish (dependent on when I get out of work) since she begged to spend Thanksgiving with me. After dinner, we'll play Scrabble or Monopoly for a couple hours and catch up on life. It'll probably be after 8pm when we leave their house, we'll probably stop at Target and Walmart on n the way home to raid the DVDs and video games / see what else is left.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:31 am

revision of original post:
I sat on this damn couch all nite waiting for sales to go live and YEPPERS got all I NEEDED. Saved a lot of money . But... no fun not being in the store and watching all the crazy peeps. :(
HA took pic of me in my BFADS BF t-shirt sitting on couch will post later when I get some sleep.

Return to “Off Topic”