What's your BF must haves?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

What's your BF must haves?

Postby angelmse » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:28 pm

This is probably somewhere else, and Hiker will yell at me like every year, but I'm doing it anyway :wink:

Over the years ya'll have been so helpful with this type of thread for me. IE: maybe I will see something that someone wants on sale and come back here and share. Like today....... Went slipper shopping with Gma today, she found some she liked at Target for $29.99, they are really ugh type booties, anyway, of course she didn't buy them, Checked online and she got them for %25 off plus %5 for redcard. use code SHOES . So take a look if there is anything you want. I did my BF recon today and the stores, JCP, Kohls, Target, Walmart Macy's have a ton of merchandise, FYI

For me, I need just the video games. We are on super tight budget this year, so not buying anything extra.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: What's your BF must haves?

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:36 pm

Nothing is really a must for me. On BF we just shop for things we want. We're always done Christmas shopping by now. I do want to get the 3DS for my youngin' and maybe the HP laptop bundle from Walmart for my oldest as an add-on to both of their Christmas gifts but if I don't get them it's no biggie.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Cannon camera kit for kiddo. Sheets & whatever the heck else I can find.....

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:53 pm

My musts: Soundbar for TV probably from Walmart or target, Amazon Dot, Cat tree for my kitty, Throw blankets, Socks, and hopefully one of the 32" smart Tvs for $99.

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Tv on dvd

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Only thing I'll really be upset about if I miss it is 40% off embroidery floss at Michael's. Don't think that will be a problem since the item isn't sale priced - just planning to use the 40% entire purchase coupon.

Not a must have, but my mom mentioned wanting another bottle sized coozie...like a can coozie (koozie?) that a Gatorade bottle could fit in. I have no idea where to look for such a thing. Is there a different name for ones that size?

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:58 pm

angelmse wrote:This is probably somewhere else, and Hiker will yell at me like every year, but I'm doing it anyway :wink:

I yell at u every year? I don't do such a thing.

I have no must haves.. just a ton of wants. Im sure as always, my credit cards will suffer and most of my wants will end up in my doorstep a few days after BF.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:47 am

hiker wrote:
angelmse wrote:This is probably somewhere else, and Hiker will yell at me like every year, but I'm doing it anyway :wink:

I yell at u every year? I don't do such a thing.

I have no must haves.. just a ton of wants. Im sure as always, my credit cards will suffer and most of my wants will end up in my doorstep a few days after BF.

I have a ton of "wants" also.... the lottery, to win a prize in our contest..... :D

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:13 am

The girls aren't getting any big ticket items this year. Oldest is going to NYC in May with school band and middle is going to state capitol on a trip in February with her school group. We are also going to go see a Wicked production in our state in February. So they will get clothes and small items. Oldest may get a suitcase for trip if I catch a great deal - but we can borrow that if need be. Both will shop with me so they really will pick out a lot of it themselves. My son is 11 and he wants a TV that mounts on the wall for his room (he has a box TV for gaming right now.)

I always want a ton of stuff but I can't afford to shop for myself so I don't. Some day I will buy a Kitchen Aid mixer just cause I have wanted one for decades. The other thing I really want is a fast camera lens but they are cost prohibitive so I make do with what I have.

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:41 am

Doom (the video game) at WalMart. They have it for the best price of anywhere and it's my 10yr olds' one major MUST have... (This is a huge deal for me because I typically REFUSE to wait in that endless video game corral line for anything....)

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Don't really have any must haves, at least I didn't until this Hatchimals quest got to me. I will not let a toy win :evil:

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:27 pm

For starters:
- The Big Bang Theory Season 9 ($9.99 )
- The Walking Dead Season 6 ($9.99 )

Other than that, I'll be raiding the $4 Blu-rays and $2 DVDs.

The $80 Craftsman 75-pc tap & die set from Sears is intriguing especially since I haven't been able to find the set I had (rule of thumb; NEVER loan your tools to anyone even relatives!!) But I'm not sure if I want to even go near a MALL on BF.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:34 pm

bfshoppermom wrote:The girls aren't getting any big ticket items this year. Oldest is going to NYC in May with school band and middle is going to state capitol on a trip in February with her school group. We are also going to go see a Wicked production in our state in February. So they will get clothes and small items. Oldest may get a suitcase for trip if I catch a great deal - but we can borrow that if need be. Both will shop with me so they really will pick out a lot of it themselves. My son is 11 and he wants a TV that mounts on the wall for his room (he has a box TV for gaming right now.)

I always want a ton of stuff but I can't afford to shop for myself so I don't. Some day I will buy a Kitchen Aid mixer just cause I have wanted one for decades. The other thing I really want is a fast camera lens but they are cost prohibitive so I make do with what I have.

Another band momma whoop whoop!! I hope they have fun in NYC :) Do you have a DSLR now or wanting to eventually get one?

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:40 pm

I do want to try to get to JCP and get a coupon with my oldest daughter. The kids always need clothes and free $ is good to me. Kohls has the Miposaur the cheapest so I can atleast get that while I'm out. They really don't want much this year which is fine since we are vacay'ing this year.

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:19 pm

sportymonkey wrote:
bfshoppermom wrote:The girls aren't getting any big ticket items this year. Oldest is going to NYC in May with school band and middle is going to state capitol on a trip in February with her school group. We are also going to go see a Wicked production in our state in February. So they will get clothes and small items. Oldest may get a suitcase for trip if I catch a great deal - but we can borrow that if need be. Both will shop with me so they really will pick out a lot of it themselves. My son is 11 and he wants a TV that mounts on the wall for his room (he has a box TV for gaming right now.)

Another band momma whoop whoop!! I hope they have fun in NYC :) Do you have a DSLR now or wanting to eventually get one?

I got a basic DSLR earlier this year. I I have 3 kids (one high school, one middle, and one elementary.) I have always taken pics at soccer games and other events and have wanted a DSLR for years and years. I take the pics for the high school band at their football games and competitions just for fun so I wanted a DSLR for that and also to have before kids start graduating. I earned some extra money last year picking up another job for the summer so I splurged. I didn't get a high end camera - just a Nikon 3200 because that was as high for a pricepoint as I could go. Now I want an action lens for it so bad. f/2.8 70-200mm is the one I drool over for now. But even used it runs at least a grand so that will not happen. But I can dream.

As far as band - my junior is the tuba section leader and is the only girl in the section bossing around all the boys. She is only 5'5" and around 120 so not your typically marching sousaphone player. But the boys can't complain about how heavy it is cause she will outmarch every single one of them. My 8th grader (also girl) is the trumpet section leader for the middle school. My son is too young for band but he will likely be in it too.

Return to “Off Topic”