What are you most excited to GIVE?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

~~Darci~~
Black Friday Pro

What are you most excited to GIVE?

Postby ~~Darci~~ » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:44 pm

The title says it all: What are you most excited to GIVE?

DH: iWatch
DSS: Chiefs Jacket
DS: Window Tinting for his car
DS2: Ummm...he doesn't really have a WOW gift :(

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Re: What are you most excited to GIVE?

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Hubby: PS4
Son:He already got his 2 big gifts (a gaming PC and a new smartphone), but we did just get him a gaming keyboard he wanted, and thinks that we couldn't get one... :mrgreen:
Niece 1: a nice bassinet for her baby (due in March)
Niece 2: a Subway gift card (yes, the sandwich shop. don't knock it, she's there at least once a day, sometimes twice, so she'll be thrilled lol)
Niece 3 and Nephew(both adults) will both be getting gift cards in their Christmas cards
Brother is getting his Budweiser beer stein (I get him 2 per year, Christmas and his birthday)
SIL: A bath basket with all kinds of smelly good stuff in it
MIL: She was like me this year in that her list was minimal and mostly small stuff, so no 'WOW' gift but she'll be excited to see her favorite perfume from Bath & BodyWorks and a nice Yankee candle that weren't on her short list
Dad: He needs new dentures, so we(as in kids and grandkids) went into his dentist's office and paid his deposit on them, which he had been trying to save up for for a few months now. He'll be ecstatic!
Mom: Doesn't think she's getting a gift this year because we're doing a gift card exchange with the adults in the family. However, she's into Boyd's Bears, so hubby and I did a puzzle and framed it of some Boyd's having a tea party. She'll love that. :)

On a side note, my hubby also likes the Chiefs, and if you got your SS the jacket I got my hubby last year, he'll be more than thrilled and very warm. ;)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm having a thing made for my SIL and it's for her favorite sports team and i think she will flip out. Because it's custom made and one of a kind and should look amazing when it's done.
I just hope it's done in time =/

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:32 pm

10 yr son with CP- A Melissa and Doug Grocery Stand. He loves loves loves Aldi and grocery shopping. We even had a name tag made that says his name with the Aldi logo for his stocking from Santa.

7 yr old daughter- honestly, the new inside out infinity characters she is going to be floored she does not know they are out.

DH- He does not know it but he got the metal detector he always jokes about us getting. Oh and Night Vision goggles for fishing but those are kind of mine too.

Brother-Exploding kittens and the Cards Against Humanity Science Expansion

hiker
Forum Moderator

Postby hiker » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:18 pm

My dad's been in the hospital (and eventually rehab) since July 29 following brain surgery up in NC. My mom has not left his side since then, other than to take a shower or when I go visit, I give her a good 6 hour break... My brother, who lives up there with his family, only relieves her for 20-30 minutes or so a day... and my mom knows no one else up there.. (my parents live here in FL with me)...

So I'm most excited to give her a break.. by having them both brought down here to FL where she can go home when she pleases for however many hours she needs, knowing I'm there.. (or my wife)... Trying to have them brought to a rehab facility down here within the next 2 weeks. She is exhausted... 4+ months living in a hospital has worn her down. :(

(Oh.. and looking forward to giving my son a basketball hoop, and my daughter a mini trampoline.. )

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:15 am

I'm excited (and a bit jealous) to give my wife and daughter a trip to Disney World over Christmas break. The only other gifts I'm giving out this year are probably going to be gift cards.

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:56 am

hiker wrote:My dad's been in the hospital (and eventually rehab) since July 29 following brain surgery up in NC. My mom has not left his side since then, other than to take a shower or when I go visit, I give her a good 6 hour break... My brother, who lives up there with his family, only relieves her for 20-30 minutes or so a day... and my mom knows no one else up there.. (my parents live here in FL with me)...

So I'm most excited to give her a break.. by having them both brought down here to FL where she can go home when she pleases for however many hours she needs, knowing I'm there.. (or my wife)... Trying to have them brought to a rehab facility down here within the next 2 weeks. She is exhausted... 4+ months living in a hospital has worn her down. :(

(Oh.. and looking forward to giving my son a basketball hoop, and my daughter a mini trampoline.. )

Hope everything works out for you
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Wow Hiker, what a very special gift for your parents ♥ I hope and pray everything works out so you can bring them back home. I can't imagine how hard it must be for your family to have a loved one so dear to you going through this.

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:18 am

hiker, glad you will soon have them back in FL.

As far as my gifts to give - not really terribly excited about anything I am giving. My teenagers know most of their gifts and there really isn't any big surprise. My oldest isn't sure if I got her a phone or not - we have prepaid service so her phone is just a simple android and she wants one with a decent camera on it. Still a cheap phone - just better than the one she has. I haven't custom ordered or had time to make anything special so no "wow" gift.

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:34 am

I will post mine after Christmas. My wife sometimes reads these forums. ;)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

sf49erfreak
Black Friday Pro

Postby sf49erfreak » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:51 pm

a superbowl experience ticket to my bf. I think it will be fun to be at the experience kind of a once in a lifetime thing well unless the superbowl comes back to the bay area again.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:01 pm

cinemike16 wrote:I'm excited (and a bit jealous) to give my wife and daughter a trip to Disney World over Christmas break. The only other gifts I'm giving out this year are probably going to be gift cards.

I wanna go :-) Never been to disney. I have always wanted to go and take my kiddies.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Lego Dimensions... I got a really good price on the system, and TRU messed up my order on the figure game piece things so I received 5 for the price of 2, so he is gonna be totally stoked!

We got my son his own Kindle so he is gonna love it.

cinemike, we will be in WDW from the 18th to 23rd! Can't wait!!

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:15 am

I'm excited about them all.

The most though are my 12 year old sons ps4, youngest son a ukulele and action camera and the makeup my daughter thinks I would never pay 50 plus $ for.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:39 am

CrazyTrain wrote:
cinemike, we will be in WDW from the 18th to 23rd! Can't wait!!

That's awesome, which parks? I didn't feel comfortable pulling the kid out of school the week before Christmas so they're flying out on the 24th. I got them passes for two days at the Magic Kingdom and 2 days at Universal Studios. When I went as a kid at the end of 1999, we just spent a week at the Magic Kingdom and we still felt like we missed some with all the lines taking up most of the day (I know there's a VIP option to skip the lines but really, I'm too cheap for that LOL).

If everything goes as planned, I'm planning a road trip in 2020

Return to “Off Topic”