These impulse buys are killing me

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

hiker
Official Zipper

These impulse buys are killing me

Postby hiker » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:47 pm

Every year I want to be frugal about my spending, yet every year, I find things to buy. Just bought a basketball hoop (which we've been wanting for awhile anyways), for $100 on Amazon's lightning deals... I can't stop myself from spending...ARGH!

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Re: These impulse buys are killing me

Postby inthedark » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:15 pm

hiker wrote:Every year I want to be frugal about my spending, yet every year, I find things to buy. Just bought a basketball hoop (which we've been wanting for awhile anyways), for $100 on Amazon's lightning deals... I can't stop myself from spending...ARGH!

I was so tired last night and this early am while online shopping that I dont even know what I bought :?

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:31 pm

inthedark wrote:
hiker wrote:Every year I want to be frugal about my spending, yet every year, I find things to buy. Just bought a basketball hoop (which we've been wanting for awhile anyways), for $100 on Amazon's lightning deals... I can't stop myself from spending...ARGH!

I was so tired last night and this early am while online shopping that I dont even know what I bought :?

:lol: It'll be like opening gifts Christmas morning a surprise!!! Bless your heart!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:38 am

Ugh, I hear you guys. I was out in the craziness of Walmart today, and while remaining focused for the sale at 6pm, when I went back later to pick through the leftovers of DVDs and whatnot, I was on autopilot and I went a bit overboard. Like you all, I don't even know what I bought. And hubby is going to kill me and take my credit cards and burn them (Not necessarily in that order lol). :shock:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:26 am

I will go by WM later this ,morning to see if the bar stools are still standing. Swapped out an extra memory stick for a portable power supply last night. Curious to see how many blu ray players are left over since last year's batch survived the weekend. Kids clothes did the same thing.

It's raining pretty good so the traffic and rush to the stores might be less than normal. Sam's puts on a pretty good free b fast so it will be my last stop.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:26 pm

happens to me every year....
looking at my accounts on monday is going to be kinda scary... lol

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Well I guess I'm not the only one. It happens to me every year. I tried to keep to the lists better this year but bought extras for the hubby when Hamericks has long sleeve shirts for $4, Flannels for $5 & then some stocking stuffer cozy socks 3 pk BOG3 Free. Oh and very nice sheet sets for only $10. I just couldn't pass up on these deals.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:56 pm

This was probably the first year I wasn't an impulse shopper on BF LOL!!! I actually bought very little last night, and only bought a few things at WM! Today we went shopping, it was great, and I was very selective --- I'm totally amazed lol

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:18 pm

azerigold wrote:This was probably the first year I wasn't an impulse shopper on BF LOL!!! I actually bought very little last night, and only bought a few things at WM! Today we went shopping, it was great, and I was very selective --- I'm totally amazed lol

Amazing job.....you have to share your secret of how you were able to resist.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Amazon is always the worst for me on impulse buying. I can easily resist things in stores, because I go in stores, grab what's on my list and get out. I don't "shop", thus there's nothing to tempt me. However I sit on Amazon all weekend and it's so easy for me to click "buy now" and have it here in 2 days.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:05 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Amazon is always the worst for me on impulse buying. I can easily resist things in stores, because I go in stores, grab what's on my list and get out. I don't "shop", thus there's nothing to tempt me. However I sit on Amazon all weekend and it's so easy for me to click "buy now" and have it here in 2 days.

Yep.. I've been checking Amazon constantly... think I purchased a few more items today... I'm so glad I deal with the finances, and not my wife. She never sees what I spend. :)

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:26 pm

mabrey wrote:
azerigold wrote:This was probably the first year I wasn't an impulse shopper on BF LOL!!! I actually bought very little last night, and only bought a few things at WM! Today we went shopping, it was great, and I was very selective --- I'm totally amazed lol

Amazing job.....you have to share your secret of how you were able to resist.

:lol: :?: :twisted: 8)

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:28 am

Im still trying to talk myself out of a 50 in tv. we really don't need it, but wal mart still has 20 of them for 249!
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:43 pm

i'm trying to stay out of the stores to see the leftovers........it is hard!!

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Like azerigold, this is the first year I didn't make as many impulse buys ;)

Return to “Off Topic”