The Walking Dead Thread

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Re: The Walking Dead Thread

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:29 am

crazymomofthree wrote:I don't think Glen is dead either and they will keep us hanging for a bit.

I'm thrilled next week is 90 minutes, but why is that? Are they going to put us through a few weeks break?

Nov. 29 is the scheduled mid season break
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Bexx wrote:We cant be going on break already we are only 3 episodes into the season, that would suck!!

Reasons Glen is not dead:
- he shows up in the cast list for the episodes the rest of the season.
- he didn't die in the comics
- he is probably better prepared for this than even Rick because he hasn't lost his value for life
- he has gotten out of worse situations

Love this show!!!

He dies issue 100 and we dont see his body till issue 101. That is almost 50 issues ago were at 147 or 148 now
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:53 pm

First off, I love this thread!!

Second, I tend to lean towards Glen not being dead, although I swear I had a heart attack during that particular scene. I know they spice the show up a bit from the comic. Both Shane and Tyrese outlived their comic counterparts for a little while, while Lori bit it earlier. Carol is supposed to be dead, as is Judith, but both are alive on the show, and although I'm severely behind on the comics at the moment, the last I knew, Andrea was still alive but has been dead for 2 seasons now on the show. All that aside though, I believe the show will come up with some creative reason to keep Glen alive, even if only for a short amount of time. Glen's one of my favorites, but we all know what happens when you become a moral compass on this show (Dale, Hershel). Kinda keeping my fingers crossed.

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:54 pm

ikey2 wrote:
Bexx wrote:We cant be going on break already we are only 3 episodes into the season, that would suck!!

- he is probably better prepared for this than even Rick because he hasn't lost his value for life

Love this show!!!

He dies issue 100 and we dont see his body till issue 101. That is almost 50 issues ago were at 147 or 148 now

UGH! I thought he was still going in the comics! Well I hope he is not dead! lol

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:41 pm

Love this show!!!

He wasn't on the Talking Dead either. I don't always watch that, but seems whoever was killed off is on the show afterwards.

don't we usually get 8 shows before the mid break?

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Did anyone here watch the "Fear of the Walking Dead"?

I liked it. I've read many didn't care for it.

hiker
Forum Moderator

Postby hiker » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:47 pm

crazymomofthree wrote:Did anyone here watch the "Fear of the Walking Dead"?

I enjoyed it as well.

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Been a bit on the fence with this one and not sure what I think about the other web-series spin off Fear of the Walking Dead "Flight 462"
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:41 am

I liked it! It moved a little slow but it was good!!

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:29 am

It had to be slow.. the idea was the apocalypse came slightly at first... remember TWD when (Shane?) said it started as a few strange reports on the radio? I think the escalation came quite quick.

I'd like to see more of where everybody went. There must be over a million people in the LA area that fled somewhere. There should be scenes of those refugee camps. Maybe when they launch their boat they will see some along the coast.

You would wonder why more boats didn't get launched.

My only major issue is how the Army built this amazing fence so quickly around a community, and no one seemed to realize it.

And when they left the safe zone to go rescue their family from the Army camp, why didn't they have the decency to close the gate behind them?

There's a lot in the "breakdown of society" that they panned over. Maybe they drive to Vegas? It would be interesting for them to find some town where noone has died yet.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:32 am

ikey2 wrote:

Love this show!!!

Have you all realized by now that they are taking literary license to NOT follow the comic book exactly. Too much comparisons being made. I think glen is likely dead, they just made the scene more dramatic... but I still cannot get over how the zombies were so quickly able to rip open his shirt and tear out his organs... all without Glenn making a scream... maybe it's just a hallucination?

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:05 am

blue3715 wrote:
ikey2 wrote:

Love this show!!!

Have you all realized by now that they are taking literary license to NOT follow the comic book exactly. Too much comparisons being made. I think glen is likely dead, they just made the scene more dramatic... but I still cannot get over how the zombies were so quickly able to rip open his shirt and tear out his organs... all without Glenn making a scream... maybe it's just a hallucination?

Yes I think everyone knows that from the first season it was said many times over and over in Talking dead and all the podcasts. Greg Nicotero once did a phone interview with a podcast that i help one once in a while and we talked about how people get wrapped up in comparing. So at the end of the no one is comparing the comics to the show 100, just given full ideas of what could be discussed. Plus if the made the 100% copy of the comics it would never make it to air, the same reason comic book movies have to be changed to suit the taste of what most viewers will stand to watch.
Hester, Pat

Andy Rooney

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:10 pm

I am kinda dreading tonight's episode, I don't think I can handle confirmation of Glens death :(

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:07 pm

inthedark wrote:I am kinda dreading tonight's episode, I don't think I can handle confirmation of Glens death :(

I want to know. I think they will keep us hanging for a bit on this one.

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Why oh Why did I not know that The Walking Dead is not on tonight? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Off Topic”